Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2011, 14:53   #1
BHPian

Accomodation in Sultanbathery/Masinagudi

Dear Team - BHPians,

I have planned for a motorcycle ride to Wayanad (Sultanbathery) and Masinagudi during third week of March'11.

The route planned is as follows :

Coimbatore ----> Mannarkad ---> Nilambur ---> Chungathara ---> Nettikulam ----> Mudderi ----> Pandalur ----> Vaduvanchaal ---> Ambavayal ---> Sultanbathery ----> Maddur ---> Gudlupet ----> Bandipur ----> Masinagudi ----> Kavaratty ----> Ooty ----> Coonoor ---> Kotagiri ---> Mettupalayam ----> Annur ----> Coimbatore

Sultanbathery and Masinagudi is chosen as the places of stay. I would like to get your recommendations on the hotels and resorts in these places. We are 5 people and looking for budget hotels or resorts. Our budget for stay alone for one day is Rs.300 - Rs.400 per head.

All your feedbacks are highly appreciated. Any other suggestions regarding the places of stay are also appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Old 3rd March 2011, 15:02   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Accomodation in Sultanbathery/Masinagudi

For the budget you mentioned:

Bathery: HOTEL ISSAC'S Regency || Experience nature's bounty, Hotels Wayanad, Resorts Wayanad, Honeymoon Tour Wayanad

For Bandipur: You can check Jacs's TL

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ipur-ooty.html
Old 3rd March 2011, 15:33   #3
BHPian

I would recommend home stays in Sultanbathery which are very economical & clean.
Old 3rd March 2011, 18:26   #4
Senior - BHPian

At Masinagudi if you want budget accomodation check out Glanton Inn, it is a small place just before the famous climb into ooty. If you want the number of the manager please Pm me.
Old 3rd March 2011, 18:36   #5
BHPian

@ampere, maheshramaling, Lukeskywalker - Thank you all for the recommendations.

I am now finding out the numbers of these hotels for booking the rooms.
Old 3rd March 2011, 20:51   #6
BHPian

There is hotel by name Mint Flower right at the start of Sulthan Bathery/ I had stayed there during my visit to Wayanad as i could not find anything near kalpetta. I costed me 1500 per night. Decent hotel with good food.
Old 4th March 2011, 08:29   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I had stayed in Issacs twice. A very decent hotel and I would recommend it.
Old 5th March 2011, 00:07   #8
BHPian

There is an elephant husbandry near Masinagudi, the forest department maintains cottages.. Cottages are comfortable unless you are seeking luxury. Dead cheap, the cook makes amazing chicken.. its in the middle of nowhere so ideal place for bikers... you can get beers from Masinagudi which is about 5 kms from this place.

I stayed there with few friends 2 years back.. you will most def run into deers grazing near the cottages... loads of elephants to meet, if you get lucky you can actually feed them.

I don't think there is a online way of booking, but i think booking needs to be done before 5 pm everyday, as the office near the elephant husbandry closes around that time

cheers
Old 5th March 2011, 12:23   #9
BANNED

Hi

I had been to jungle retreat some time in jan 2007 and it was an amazing place to stay.

You would not feel that you are in a jungle.the rooms were clean and it was like a 2star.

Food is also good i will rate 8/10 for this resort.It is run by a foreigner so expect utmost professionalism

Cost is little expensive but worth the cost

All the best

http://www.jungleretreat.com/index.html
Old 5th March 2011, 14:21   #10
Team-BHP Support

@Josh, The place looks real nice. And Masinagudi makes for a nice weekend.
At the same time one does not have to go to Ooty all the way.

Lesser distance, lesser crowd and double the fun of wilderness.
Thanks again for pointing this out.

Will remember this for the next short vacation!
Old 15th April 2013, 17:15   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Hi Ampere,

Any experience with budget hotels around Gundlupet? Looking one for a night stay next month during a trip to Calicut, check-in after 10PM and checkout before 6AM next morn and no ladies joining us.
Old 15th April 2013, 18:13   #12
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Any experience with budget hotels around Gundlupet? Looking one for a night stay next month during a trip to Calicut, check-in after 10PM and checkout before 6AM next morn and no ladies joining us.
I have seen a Kaveri International on the road leading to the forest checkpost in Gundlupet (~5Km or so after you turn right at Gundlupet towards Calicut road). However, no idea how it is, also just a note of caution - it does have a Bar attached so not sure about the kind of crowd there so please do verify before deciding to stay.

Alternately, if you're going to Calicut from Bangalore, you can consider staying at Nijaguna Residency in Chamarajanagar about 35Km from Gundlupet and you can take the NH209 Kanakapura-Malavalli-Kollegal-Chamarajanagar route to get there.
Old 15th April 2013, 18:27   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hi Ampere,

Jacs, I am not aware of any place near Gundlupet. Closest I think would be places in Chamarajanagar, if you are coming via Kanakapura road.
Old 15th April 2013, 20:38   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Ampere,

Saw some signboards for a resort called Khushi Resorts on the Gundlupet-Bathery road, though I couldn't find the building anywhere in the vicinity. They seem to have a website http://khushiresort.findblooms.com/ where they've given contact numbers. May be worth an enquiry.

Another place I've seen on that route is a lodge named Kaveri International midway between Gundlupet and the Forest entrance on the way to Bathery. But the place looked a bit shady (The bar seemed to be the most popular part of the complex as pointed out by NPV) so not sure of the standards.

There was also a hotel Sasthapuri about 3 or 4 kms before Gundlupet town when coming from Mysore which had accommodation, but not sure if it still exists since I haven't travelled on the Mysore-Gundlupet road for a couple of years now.

Last edited by kala : 15th April 2013 at 20:40.
Old 16th April 2013, 10:50   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I have seen a Kaveri International on the road leading to the forest checkpost in Gundlupet (~5Km or so after you turn right at Gundlupet towards Calicut road). However, no idea how it is, also just a note of caution - it does have a Bar attached so not sure about the kind of crowd there so please do verify before deciding to stay.

Alternately, if you're going to Calicut from Bangalore, you can consider staying at Nijaguna Residency in Chamarajanagar about 35Km from Gundlupet and you can take the NH209 Kanakapura-Malavalli-Kollegal-Chamarajanagar route to get there.
Quote:
Jacs, I am not aware of any place near Gundlupet. Closest I think would be places in Chamarajanagar, if you are coming via Kanakapura road.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kala View Post
Saw some signboards for a resort called Khushi Resorts on the Gundlupet-Bathery road, though I couldn't find the building anywhere in the vicinity. They seem to have a website http://khushiresort.findblooms.com/ where they've given contact numbers. May be worth an enquiry.

Another place I've seen on that route is a lodge named Kaveri International midway between Gundlupet and the Forest entrance on the way to Bathery. But the place looked a bit shady (The bar seemed to be the most popular part of the complex as pointed out by NPV) so not sure of the standards.

There was also a hotel Sasthapuri about 3 or 4 kms before Gundlupet town when coming from Mysore which had accommodation, but not sure if it still exists since I haven't travelled on the Mysore-Gundlupet road for a couple of years now.

Thanks Guys. I might sound crazy but we are driving from Nilambur to Gundlupet and then back to Calicut via Wayanad just for the sake of driving via Nilgiri Biosphere .

So Chamrajnagara might be a far drive.

Called up Kushi Resorts, they look reasonable. 1500 bucks for a non-ac room with an extra bed. And its very just before Gundlupet while driving from Theppakkadu. Contact person Bijesh - 9740740302.

Need to check Kaveri International, not finding any online presence though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks