Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2011, 12:48   #1
BHPian

Agra Bypass

While travelling from Delhi to Gwalior, there is a by pass which you can take just before Agra to completely avoid getting into Agra. I took it on my way back from Gwalior about an year ago. Though am absolutely sure where to hit it while coming back from Gwalior side,I dont remember where to take it while you are on Delhi-Agra route.

If someone from Agra or someone who has taken it can help me in locating it, it would be great. Specific pointers to locate it and then remain on it would be highly appreciated.

I am pushing off tomorrow morning at 4 therefore need to close my route plan today itself.

Happy Holi folks
Old 18th March 2011, 14:22   #2
BHPian

Re: Agra Bypass

Hi,

It is 16KMs before Agra. But I'd not recommend taking it. There are a couple of railways crossings, and there are huge jams due to trucks on them.

Cheers

Nitin
Old 18th March 2011, 16:16   #3
Senior - BHPian

That is an awful road, don't even dream of taking it. Road condition is also bad. Better go through Agra city.
Old 18th March 2011, 16:54   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
Hi,

It is 16KMs before Agra. But I'd not recommend taking it. There are a couple of railways crossings, and there are huge jams due to trucks on them.

Cheers

Nitin
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
That is an awful road, don't even dream of taking it. Road condition is also bad. Better go through Agra city.
Thanks ntomer and hvkumar sir.

Yes i know that road is bad, and got some railwasy crossings. May be that was my sheer luck but when i travelled on it during last year june, it was bad only in patches and overall i saved a lot of time as compared to if i went in Agra during that peek evening traffic.

But point taken, i will stick to main road and hopefully cross agra before 9:30 AM.
Old 18th March 2011, 20:49   #5
Team-BHP Support

Are you referring to the following?
Agra Bypass-agra_bypass.jpg
Old 18th March 2011, 21:35   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Are you referring to the following?
Yes thats the bypass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
Hi,

... There are a couple of railways crossings, and there are huge jams due to trucks on them.

Cheers

Nitin
Quote:
That is an awful road, don't even dream of taking it. Road condition is also bad ...
I have used the Agra-Gwalior road to Agra-Jaipur road part of this bypass 3 weeks back and the surface has been done fresh. No problems with the road surface. Yes there are 2 railway crossings on this section of bypass. Its plain luck; you may find heavy truck jam near crossings or it may be completely jam-free. In case there is no traffic this section takes only 10 minutes to cross (i have done it in 10 mins in very light truck traffic)

Also work is going on for over-bridges on the railway crossings. This will be the road to take once they are done.

Sorry no idea about the Agra-Mathura to Agra-Jaipur section of the bypass.

In case you plan to cross through Agra city, around 8 am, traffic should be sparse.
Old 12th April 2011, 22:37   #7
BHPian

Hi New.Novice,

Any updates on the bypass. I will be doing the same route this weekend.
Also, any identification, as to where to get off the highway and on to the bypass would be of help.

Thanks.
Old 23rd April 2011, 17:20   #8
BHPian

The bypass , as tracked with GPS on my last trip :

and thanks to New.Novice for information that bypass is operational
Attached Thumbnails
Agra Bypass-agra-bypass-track-1.jpg  

Old 23rd April 2011, 22:45   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by New.Novice View Post
While travelling from Delhi to Gwalior, there is a by pass which you can take just before Agra to completely avoid getting into Agra. I took it on my way back from Gwalior about an year ago. Though am absolutely sure where to hit it while coming back from Gwalior side,I dont remember where to take it while you are on Delhi-Agra route.

If someone from Agra or someone who has taken it can help me in locating it, it would be great. Specific pointers to locate it and then remain on it would be highly appreciated.

I am pushing off tomorrow morning at 4 therefore need to close my route plan today itself.

Happy Holi folks
Dear sir, allways take our beloved MR.HV KUMAR JI'S advice in future as we all respect him for his lakhs of kms TRAVELLING on roads of "yeh mera INDIA".
Old 23rd April 2011, 22:53   #10
Senior - BHPian

Thanks, Iqbalji!

I have the coordinates for the Agra bypass on NH2:

25 kms after crossing the Mathura Refinery (and McD)
20 kms after crossing teh toll gate between Mathura & Agra
7 kms before Sikhandara

You will see prominent signboards indicating Fatehpur Sikhri 28 kms (NH11, Jaipur highway) and Dholpur 66 kms (NH3, Gwalior highway).

Good to know from black_rider that the Agra bypass is finally patched up, I never had the courage to take it on previous occasions after hearing horror stories from truckers about its pitiable condition.

I have no idea where the entry point is on NH11 or NH3.
Old 23rd April 2011, 23:46   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, Iqbalji!

I have the coordinates for the Agra bypass on NH2:

25 kms after crossing the Mathura Refinery (and McD)
20 kms after crossing teh toll gate between Mathura & Agra
7 kms before Sikhandara

You will see prominent signboards indicating Fatehpur Sikhri 28 kms (NH11, Jaipur highway) and Dholpur 66 kms (NH3, Gwalior highway).

Good to know from black_rider that the Agra bypass is finally patched up, I never had the courage to take it on previous occasions after hearing horror stories from truckers about its pitiable condition.

I have no idea where the entry point is on NH11 or NH3.
Hats off to you sir ji, you are a human computer with hard disk and mother board which can store exhaustive data especially for the routes , diversions, by-passes , kms, list of petrol pumps, list of good economical hotels,good garages on the highway, lists of toll nakas, amounts to be paid to toll nakas allover India, names of villages towns,(some maybe having populations of few hundreds),Etc etc etc, Kumar ji pls promt me if any thing I missed out ..........REGARDS.

Last edited by IQBAL VEERJI : 23rd April 2011 at 23:47.
Old 23rd April 2011, 23:58   #12
Team-BHP Support

How far is the turning from Keetham railway station?
That seems to be an easier to find the turn-off while coming from Delhi.
Old 24th April 2011, 08:06   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
How far is the turning from Keetham railway station?
That seems to be an easier to find the turn-off while coming from Delhi.
I have never noticed the railway station. However, you won't miss this point since there are some sign boards at this point. Easier to remember the point if you count the kms from the toll gate.
Old 24th April 2011, 10:57   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I have never noticed the railway station. However, you won't miss this point since there are some sign boards at this point. Easier to remember the point if you count the kms from the toll gate.
Thanks HVK. I used the highway around "Bhgwaan Theater" and "Water Works" area only. I thought the road through Sikandra should lead through Keetham and hence the thought process. I mostly used the Aligarh access to Agra and not the Mathura accesss

(While on train from Delhi, when I used to see Keetham railway station, I used to get ready for Agra in the next 10-15 minutes.)
Old 31st October 2011, 21:47   #15
BHPian

Any update hows the bypass road now. I am planning for coming Saturday.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks