Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2011, 19:02   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mysore to Tirupathi - Route Advice Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
If NH4 is good, then the better route would be to take NICE road till Electronic City and then deviate at Chandapura to take the SH35 (also called Varthur road), which goes via Domasandra and then Whitefield to hit NH4 before Hosekote and then continue on NH4 there on.

Here is the google link.

Mysore, Karnataka to Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh - Google Maps
Thanks Ampere. Yes, NH 4 is in good condition. Couple of deviations but not a big deal.

We had gone on this road on our road trip to Chattisgarh last month and we took 3.30 hours in our Scorpio - when we left at 5 AM - to reach Tirupati from Koramangala.
Fauji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2011, 11:02   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Please note that once you hit the Hosur road beyond NICE road, you need to look for the turning for Bagalur, which is the road to Malur.

Hosur to Bagalur is NH207 and then beyond is a SH to Malur. At Malur ask for the road to Kolar, else you can end up at Bangarpet! Sometimes its confusing.

The road from Malur to Kolar is in very good condition. But its quite patchy from Bagalur to Malur.

Did the trip as planned and sorry for this delayed post (I did not have internet access for quite some time after the trip and hence the delay).

Took Mysore-Nice Road-bagalur-Malur-Kolar-Chittoor-Tirupathi route.

Thanks a lot Ampere for those 2 very thoughtful Advices as If you did not have mentioned those 2 points, for sure I would have missed the Bagalur Road as it is very difficult to find that diversion from "the Most crowded " Hosur Road. Same is the case at Malur too as the main good looking road leads to Bangarapet and that right to "Kolar" is very easy to miss as there is no Signboards.

Thanks NewPunter on the recommendation on "Bans Hotel" . It was nice and the food was good. We felt the Value of the recommendation when we took lunch at a hotel near Renikunta bypass which was marked as A/C etc but the food quality and ambience was extremely opposite to Bans . (We drove to chennai from Tirupathi and ended up at the hotel in Renikunta).

Now on Road conditions:-

Mysore - Hosur --> Excellent
Hosur-Bagalur --> Atleast for me pleasant to drive as that stretch was with minimal traffic and road is good
Bagalur-Malur--> Around 3 to 4 kms of the entire stretch is with potholes Apart from that road is ok.
Malur-Kolar --> Traffic was dense and Road was bit narrow( compared to the traffic)
Kolar-Chittoor --> Road is too good
Chittoor - Bans hotel --> Bumpy ride
Bans Hotel - Tirupathi --> Wide roads with heavy traffic but road is good

Just before tirupathi, we saw a signboard

<----- Tirumala

and we took that left and even though there are clearer signboards in english we drove through narrow roads and residential areas and at the end asked for directions to reach the Tirupathi Railway Station. It's better to avoid that left and go straight to reach Tirupathi .

On Tirumala:-

I did booked 1500Rs accomodation from www.ttdsevaonline.com and even though everywhere in the internet it was mentioned all accomodations are 2 bedded, We told we are 4 at the CRO counter and we got a A/c Room with 4 beds .We stayed at "Latur Bhavan" which was new and room is good .

Next Day morning we took the "Seegara Darshanam queue" at 7:45 and to our surprise Darshan was over by 8:45 am itself .No waiting in waiting rooms etc. Please note, this was on April 7th (thursday) and just before the summer vacations . It is 300 Rs/ person (2 Big Laddus free per ticket)

From Tirumala , we reached chennai Via Sri Kalahasti .

Thanks again to all Bhpians who provided their valuable suggestions !

Regards
Velu
pmvelu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2011, 12:16   #18
Team-BHP Support

Glad to know you had a good drive.

I am surprised, when you said Malur-Kolar had dense traffic. When I went last time,
there was hardly anyone on the road. Maybe, it would have some thing to do with the time of the day.
By the time, you would been there, it would have been broad daylight.

Yes Bans is a good place to hold on to. Nice break and lots of parking. Food is also decent.
About reaching Tirupati:

I would say the best option is to keep going on the by-pass (deviation from NH205), where you hit the Chennai road.
There you can turn back and come to bus-station. Going through the town is very difficult.

This is what I meant:

NH 205 to NH 205 - Google Maps
Old 25th April 2011, 12:52   #19
BHPian

Glad to know that you had a good trip. If you wanted to go to Tirumala directly, you wouldn't need to go through the city. There is proper bypass with very little traffic that will lead you directly to Alipiri gate. I took this route when I visited Tirumala and although I was confused initially, it is actually a very straightforward route and has very little traffic and the road is quite decent.

NH 205 to Unknown road - Google Maps
Old 11th September 2012, 23:12   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmvelu View Post
Many thanks for that NewPunter.

We both cross-posted I suppose.

I will go with the route you specified. Looks perfect for my trip.

Regards
Velu
Hey There,

Am planning to do Hosur-Malur-Kolar route with my family in an evening next month.

How would you rate it on road quality, route marking, safety, conveniences etc? Other comments will also be welcome.

Thanks.
Old 12th September 2012, 10:23   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post
How would you rate it on road quality, route marking, safety, conveniences etc?
I can't comment on present road quality, I did almost 4 years back and the road was being relaid last year. The lane markings were present all through even in those days, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Apart from one fork where it splits for Bangarpet and Kolar wasn't that easily spottable. Maybe I didn't spot it correctly, my pillion rider did spot and told me. No safety issues, there is mild/moderate traffic. I hope you know that at Hosur, you'll have to go below the Bus stand bridge and take a right towards Bagalur.

There are almost nil facilities between Hosur and Kolar, there are enough restaurants in Hosur near the bus stand. If you need, tank yourself up there
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks