Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2011, 07:59   #1
BHPian

Mysore to Tirupathi - Route Advice Needed

Friends,

I am planning to drive from Mysore to Tirupathi this week in my Santro. I would like to skip Bangalore Traffic as much as possible. Please guide me on the route to be taken. (Even if it's a bit circuitous, I would like to avoid Bangalore)

1) I assume I can reach Tirupathi Railway Station around 4 pm If I start around 7 am from Mysore with an average speed of 50 Km/ Hr . My Aged parents are reaching Tirupathi Railway station around 5 pm (From Chennai) and I need to pick them out before proceeding to Tirumala.
2) Hotel advice for Lunch enroute.

Thanks a lot in Advance for your help
Velu

Last edited by pmvelu : 4th April 2011 at 08:01.
Old 4th April 2011, 11:27   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mysore to Tirupathi - Route Advice Needed

Hi pmvelu,
I was checking the google maps and it looks like if you don't want to touch blore you have 2 routes which you can choose.
And both routes suggest you reach vellore and then go to tirupathi from there.
Let me know if you plan to go via blore by any chance i can let you know the route , as i have been to tirupathi few weeks back.

Cheers
Old 4th April 2011, 11:44   #3
BHPian

Hi,
You can take the following route :
Mysore-NICE road till Electronic City- Hosur- Malur- Kolar - Chittoor-Tirupathi
Total distance comes to around 400 kms and the route is good all the way. It should not take you more than 7-8 hours at the max. If you start at 7 AM, you should easily reach Tirupathi by around 3-4 PM or earlier.
For lunch , you can stop at Bans-The Hotel on Chittoor bypass road. The food is awesome there. You can also visit Kanipakam if you want, as it is only around 8-10 kms from Bans.
Newpunter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2011, 11:44   #4
BHPian

Thanks a lot for your helpful response Schoudhury.

Just to avoid getting lost in Bangalore City or traffic I thought of skipping Bangalore. I thought whether taking the NICE road from Kengeri and continuing from Hosur towards Chittoor is an option. Vellore looks bit out-of-the-way for this circuit (Just my view after seeing the map but I'm not sure though)

It will be a great help if you could share the direction Via Bangalore itself.

Regards
Velu
Old 4th April 2011, 11:59   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmvelu View Post
Just to avoid getting lost in Bangalore City or traffic I thought of skipping Bangalore. I thought whether taking the NICE road from Kengeri and continuing from Hosur towards Chittoor is an option.

Regards
Velu
Hi,
Check the route that i have mentioned. You can take the route through Malur from Hosur after exiting the NICE road. You can avoid all the traffic of Bangalore this way and the road is very good too.
Old 4th April 2011, 12:01   #6
BHPian

Many thanks for that NewPunter.

We both cross-posted I suppose.

I will go with the route you specified. Looks perfect for my trip.

Regards
Velu
pmvelu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2011, 10:52   #7
Team-BHP Support

Please note that once you hit the Hosur road beyond NICE road, you need to look for the turning for Bagalur, which is the road to Malur.

Hosur to Bagalur is NH207 and then beyond is a SH to Malur. At Malur ask for the road to Kolar, else you can end up at Bangarpet! Sometimes its confusing.

The road from Malur to Kolar is in very good condition. But its quite patchy from Bagalur to Malur.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2011, 11:33   #8
Senior - BHPian

Hosur to Bagalur is a nightmare.There is a huge stretch of around 5kms where there is no road and is just a mountainous craeter.I took this route in the last week of January and the condition was bad.Not sure if things have changed after that.The route is pretty time consuming as well.

Like Ampere mentioned ,Bagalur-Malur is also nothing great,its just about ok and the road is pretty narrow.

I think Mysore Road-NICE Road-Hosur Road-Elevated Road-U Turn-ORR-KR Puram-Chittor would be an option you could consider.Traffic wouldnt be that bad.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2011, 14:39   #9
BHPian

If Hosur-Bagalur is bad, I think it would be a better idea to take the Attibele-Sarjapur-NH207-Malur-Kolar or the Attibele-Sarjapur-Whitefield-NH4-Kolar Route. I travelled on this road a few months back and the road was good, except for the speed breakers. I think Ampere would know about this route.
Old 5th April 2011, 15:06   #10
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
If Hosur-Bagalur is bad, I think it would be a better idea to take the Attibele-Sarjapur-NH207-Malur-Kolar or the Attibele-Sarjapur-Whitefield-NH4-Kolar Route. I travelled on this road a few months back and the road was good, except for the speed breakers. I think Ampere would know about this route.
I thinks its still better to go via Hosur, as going around Sarjapur town to take the NH207 is a bigger problem (its an OTR exercise!).

Ranjit,

Not sure about Hosur-Bagalur stretch. I have a friend who does that stretch quite regularly, and he says that stretch has improved quite a bit.

My only point was when one reaches Hosur, he needs to watch, where the turning to Bagalur is. In all the crowd, trucks and madness, one can easily miss that turning. I think that turning is under the first fly-over one encounters, when entering Hosur.
Old 5th April 2011, 15:18   #11
BHPian

Oh Thanks for the updates and the options Ampere, Ranjit and Np (Again).

I am starting tomorrow morning and after reading through all the options and Ampere's latest post,

I will make sure I will check with (More than 1 person) and also drive very slowly when I am nearing Hosur (Till I get into Bagalur "bound" road) and also at Malur (To Get Kolar Road)

Based on your recommendations, I will take Mysore-Maddur-NICE Road-Hosur-Bagalur-Malur-Kolar-Chittoor Bypass (For Bans Hotel / Lunch) -Tirupathi-Tirumala

Thanks Again !

P.S:- For sure, I will post an update on the route after my trip.

Regards
Velu

Last edited by pmvelu : 5th April 2011 at 15:26.
Old 5th April 2011, 15:27   #12
Team-BHP Support

Bagalur-Malur will have a bad stretch of about 3-4 Km. Beyond its a beautiful SH till Kolar. No hotels on this stretch. If you very early from Mysore say 4AM, you can break at Kolar for breakfast at Woodys.

Immediately after you hit NH4 from Malur-Kolar road, you should see Woodys on the opposite side. (I thinks its within 2-3 Km after the Malur-Kolar SH meets NH4).
Old 5th April 2011, 16:27   #13
Senior - BHPian

My two cents.

The road till Kolar is excellent and four lane with an odd deviation. Beyond Kolar, you will find the road becoming two way with no median. Pls be careful and drive safe as you will encounter truck/bus traffic. Once you cross Chittoor it is a nice stretch till Tirupathi with less traffic.

You have two options for Breakfast

a) Kamat Upahar before Narsapura (15 KMs before Kolar) - Need to keep a close watch else you will miss this.

b) Woddys just after you cross Kolar and before Davraj Urs Medical college.
Old 5th April 2011, 16:52   #14
BHPian

Sorry to hijack this thread.

Someone told me that there is a minimum time (40mins or so) to climb the hills and if you arrive earlier, you'd be penalized for fast/reckless driving. Is this true? If true, since how long this rule is in force?

Thanks,

Prasad
Old 5th April 2011, 18:11   #15
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauji View Post
The road till Kolar is excellent and four lane with an odd deviation. Beyond Kolar, you will find the road becoming two way with no median. Pls be careful and drive safe as you will encounter truck/bus traffic. Once you cross Chittoor it is a nice stretch till Tirupathi with less traffic.
If NH4 is good, then the better route would be to take NICE road till Electronic City and then deviate at Chandapura to take the SH35 (also called Varthur road), which goes via Domasandra and then Whitefield to hit NH4 before Hosekote and then continue on NH4 there on.

Here is the google link.

Mysore, Karnataka to Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh - Google Maps
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks