Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2018, 22:29   #31
BHPian

re: Mumbai - Rajapur / Ratnagiri : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musaafir View Post
If I am not wrong, I recollect seeing a small board of "Narendra Maharaj, Nanij" or similar just before the turn-off for Panchwad phata
Thanks.
Nanij is near Amba Ghat so looking out for that board makes sense. I also hope Google Maps will give me advance warning to get off the highway at the right spot.

I have to visit Pawas either on the way to Rajapur or on the way back to Pune. The plan is to start from Pune at 530ish and take a call after reaching Sakharpa/Pali.
Pali to Rajapur is always the most boring part of the journey, you are nearing the destination and yet the traffic and winding road doesn't let you feel like a home run.

I prefer starting early 530 ish so hope to reach Pali by noon and then take a call if i want to visit Pawas that day itself or on the way back to Pune. I love the scenic views of the sea on Ratnagiri-Pawas-Rajapur.
Old 10th April 2018, 08:55   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
I always miss the turn for Kokrud after Karad. Is there a sign or some board I can refer to get off the highway for Pachad Fata ?
This exit to Kokrud/Malkapur is between 5.5 - 6 kms from Hotel Pankaj on the highway in Karad. IIRC, in addition to the "Shri Kshetra Nanij" board, there is also a small board that says "Kale - Ratnagiri Phata" just before the turn off.

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 10th April 2018, 11:26   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
Thanks.
I prefer starting early 530 ish so hope to reach Pali by noon and then take a call if i want to visit Pawas that day itself or on the way back to Pune. I love the scenic views of the sea on Ratnagiri-Pawas-Rajapur.
Pune - Ratnagiri - Pawas - Rajapur is doable in 7-8 hours if you start early morning. I also see another road in Google maps -- Sakharpa - Dabhole - Devdhe - Punas - Wadi Limbu - Pawas. Looks a pretty good winding road, and much of it on state highways. It could save a few kilometers, but might take a bit more time being narrow and winding. You can try it in one of your trips.

Safe travels.
Old 31st October 2018, 14:02   #34
BHPian

Re: Mumbai - Rajapur / Ratnagiri : Route Queries

Reviving an old thread, need some input on road condition between Kolhapur to Rajapur via Bhuibawda ghat. I am planning to drive to Ambolgad next week from Kolhapur in a Vento. Any suggestions or guidance will be really appreciated.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks