Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2006, 14:57   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipulG
I am not an Auto expert like you guys, so thought of putting this question so that some points I didn't considered/ missed will come to surface and also was interested in knowing from Elantra owners.
I'm not an expert in any way. But You're buying a car and you're going to live with it for at least five years...Your liking comes first here.

In that context and from your title, I felt Elantra is the only option you think you have.
Old 30th January 2006, 15:01   #17
Team-BHP Support

Except for resale disaster. nothing goes against the elantra. But if you are talking 7 years, its impossible to predict resale.If you want to be on the safe side, go for diesel, but then your running does not justify additional cost.
with 4 years/80000kms warranty you dont stand to lose anything. Moreover hyundai cars last long. Havent owned an elantra, but owned a santro for 80000kms+ and 5 years.
Moreover with your kind of expectations i.e. 5-7 years costs of spares is a major factor and here elantra wins.
Old 30th January 2006, 15:15   #18
BHPian

Quote:
I think there is some misunderstanding. I never said I don't want to buy Elantra. I was looking for luxury as well as safety features and still wanted to remain within my budget of some 8.5 lakh.
Hmmm - ur head goes for safety and economy whereas your heart says go for luxury and looks.

My advise would be - if you see a car as a mode of transport with some image value attached to it - listen to your head, its practical.

However, if you happen to be in love with cars, (and would consider one as your second GF or wife ), Go for ur heart, man - u'll never regret it.

Quote:
Your are spot on, indeed I liked Optra Elite LS , but it lacks ABS, Air bags, traction control etc. And it is Rs 75,000 more.
Are you sure the extra precautions for ABS, airbags etc. are worth the superior luxury and looks of an Optra.
Old 30th January 2006, 16:16   #19
BHPian

As much as I myself like the looks and overall presence of an Optra, I dont see how you can justify its price compared to the Elantra and ask someone to compromise on important feature like airbags which I feel are a must in this 8-9+ lakh bracket !

Apart from that it has TCS, ABS and better performance.
Only thing which would stop me is its looks but thats subjective :-)
Old 30th January 2006, 16:27   #20
BHPian

as an elantra owner let me tell you one flaw which is evident right at the start. The rear seats are a bit stiff. I have other cars so rear comfort was never an issue when i bought the elantra.

But just the other day i had to travel with my driver while i sat at the rear. Please do consider this if you are a family man.......

Apart from that parts are cheap, decent build quality, soft ride and good features in the
GLS version like climate control, cd changer 6+1 (6 in the boot), cassatte deck, 3 way manual adjustable seats, smooth gear shift and decent power (though the intial pick seems slightly sluggish), and good boot space.

Good Luck with your decesion.
Old 30th January 2006, 16:37   #21
BHPian

hi people

i would say the elantra is a good & safe car

it's got traction control,ABS ,EBD

fe is decent

i have taken the test ride for the CRDi model

the dealer claims an FE of 12-13

overall it is a good car , go for it.
Old 6th February 2006, 18:20   #22
BHPian

I have decided to go in for Elantra.

Here is the offer.

Make: Dec 2005, BSIII
Color: White

Pune on Road Price: Rs 7.75,000 (keys in hand)

Freebies: Teflon and Under body anti rust coating

Will issue a check of Rs 1,00,000 as an advance.

Expected delivery 6-7 days.
Old 6th February 2006, 18:27   #23
BHPian

Congrats vipul,

Guess when you got your mind set, nobody can "Stop" you from buying what you desire
Old 6th February 2006, 18:39   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Pune on Road Price: Rs 7.75,000 (keys in hand)
Now THAT is a damn good price!!!!!!!! < 8 Lakhs for a good car with good space for 5, 127 bhp on board and excellent After Sales! With all those savings, you can afford to spend some money on doing up the car (and doing away with that grille!).

Congrats.
Old 6th February 2006, 18:43   #25
BHPian

At current prices, the Elantra seems a good buy. Hyundai has very good ASS, and the only thing against the Elantra is the strange appearance (to me at least). I would have gone in for it myself, if the new price was available when I got my Baleno.
Let us have a detailed 100km report dude!
Old 6th February 2006, 18:44   #26
BHPian

I forgot to mension it is GLS (top end Petrol ) fully loaded with 8 Cd changer, Airbags, ABS etc.

With the money saved , I am planning to have some good leather seat covers, please suggest me brand/s, price ranges and dealer in Pune.

Last edited by vipulG : 6th February 2006 at 18:48.
Old 6th February 2006, 18:56   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I forgot to mension it is GLS (top end Petrol ) fully loaded with 8 Cd changer, Airbags, ABS etc.
WOW !
How much are they giving the GT at ?
The site mentions 9.28 Ex-showroom for Pune. Add RT and Insurance. Close to 10 L ? Which means a net discount of 2 L + !!! Phew !

If they keep Elantra prices at this level, then surely the 2006/2007 Accent has to replace the current one. Since now there is almost no price gap to fit in the New Accent between the 'old' Accent and the Elantra.

Last edited by shuvc : 6th February 2006 at 19:07.
Old 6th February 2006, 19:03   #28
Team-BHP Support

Q: if you cant claim depreciation why buy new. maybe you can get a honda accord for 9-10L.
Old 6th February 2006, 19:19   #29
BHPian

Thats a very good price for a good car....congrats on your new ride... please post some photos as soon as you get it
But still cant figure out how they can giv a 2 Lakh discount !!!!!!
CAT
Old 6th February 2006, 19:21   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
Q: if you cant claim depreciation why buy new. maybe you can get a honda accord for 9-10L.
Can you elaborate?
And brand new Honda Accord for 9-10 L ??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks