Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2006, 10:01   #16
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I did try out the Fiesta 1.4 and found the car to be very very average. The OTR price of 6.75 in bangalore ( with the 23 K mandatory accessories ) is a bit too high in my opinion.
Any clue about the pricing of the aveo...the car looks cool
Old 17th February 2006, 01:30   #17
Senior - BHPian

If your budget is 6.0 lacs...try the Baleno too...you wil fing lots of info and ownership exp with the car of this forum.
It is the most spacious, powerful and fuel efficient petrol car in this segment...period !
If looks are an issue...look at the black baleno (on the maruti website) and maybe it will make you chang your mind about how good a baleno can look

Last edited by Buffetfan : 17th February 2006 at 01:32.
Old 17th February 2006, 08:53   #18
Senior - BHPian

Ohh... If you can stretch your budget to 6.0 L , then Accent GLE is your best bet. Go for the Indigo only if you are on a strict budget.

Last edited by sajo : 17th February 2006 at 08:54.
Old 17th February 2006, 09:15   #19
Senior - BHPian

Go for a Baleno. I would have recommended a Fiat Petra, but I don't think a Fiat would have made much sense down south. Atleast not until the ink dries on the Tata-Fiat deal. The lack of refinement does not get negated by the VFM.
Old 17th February 2006, 09:51   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative
The lack of refinement does not get negated by the VFM.
Its not as if there's an absolute lack of refinement. It does gets negated to an extent by the VFM.... and Indigo petrol is exceptional value for money not just VFM.
Old 17th February 2006, 12:29   #21
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

The baleno is very much in the list...especially after joining team-bhp :-).

What is the mileage for accent GLE? I have heard numbers like 7 to 8 for the 1.6L variants. Hopefully the GLE with a 1.5L engine is better?

While at it, how is the highway performance of ikon ( lets say with 4 people and AC on )? Does it feel underpowered?
Old 17th February 2006, 14:33   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque
Its not as if there's an absolute lack of refinement. It does gets negated to an extent by the VFM.... and Indigo petrol is exceptional value for money not just VFM.
Hmmm ... I dunno. I did not find it 'exceptional' value for money. Atleast not here in Mumbai which is the heart of Fiat country. The Petra scores far above the Tata in the petrol department. I just had to shift into gear, see the TATA logo stuck upside down on the test car and also see the disinterested looks of the salesmen to decide that the Tata Indigo Petrol sucked. And I am not even talking about the drive. Maybe things have changed and there are some points I am not aware of, but after that I have constantly maintained that if some one is buying petrol, then the Tata cars should be last on the list. Not because it is a bad car, but because there are so many cars in that price band that are so much more better. Of course if it is diesel, then there is nothing that can beat the Indigo. In that price bracket of course. And yeah in this department, the Fiat diesel sedans suck because of their inherent lack of power and character.
Old 17th February 2006, 15:12   #23
Senior - BHPian

Yes petra does score over the indigo but the thing is its prices were reduced bcoz it just isnt selling, even at the reduced price else Indigo Petrol fully loaded GLX for 484757 Rs Ex Showroom delhi is value for money.
Heck its cheaper than the top model of Getz by 30 k's Rs.... if its not value for money than what is?
Old 17th February 2006, 15:27   #24
Senior - BHPian

Yaar, aapne kya notice kiya hai ki mein Mumbai ka hoon? Things are different here.

484757 ex showroom in Delhi? Compare that to the 4.9 I got my Petra for (fully loaded - okay it had a tape player instead of a CD player) on road in Mumbai.
Old 17th February 2006, 15:28   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque
Yes petra does score over the indigo but the thing is its prices were reduced bcoz it just isnt selling, even at the reduced price else Indigo Petrol fully loaded GLX for 484757 Rs Ex Showroom delhi is value for money.Heck its cheaper than the top model of Getz by 30 k's Rs.... if its not value for money than what is?
What TypeO means is that you can get much better product (Petra) than Indigo for almost same money. Why would I care if the prices are slashed once or twice or thrice? What I would be getting is much better car for my money and that is what I should be concerned with.
Old 17th February 2006, 15:32   #26
BANNED

If prices keep getting slashed, it will kill the resale on the car.
Old 17th February 2006, 15:42   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If prices keep getting slashed, it will kill the resale on the car.
Petra has a resale ?!!!!

No offence, but in Del (where I hail from) a car dealer in defence colony was offering a 2004 petra el with 20Ks on the clock for 2.25 L. If one were to bargain, this could be brought down to 2 Ls!!
Old 17th February 2006, 15:53   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami
Petra has a resale ?!!!!

No offence, but in Del (where I hail from) a car dealer in defence colony was offering a 2004 petra el with 20Ks on the clock for 2.25 L. If one were to bargain, this could be brought down to 2 Ls!!
Very true. I do not think the Petra has any 'resale'. It is the plain and hard truth. But for that matter I wonder how much resale an Indigo Petrol has.

Whatever be the case, I do not think one should be going in for the Petra if he/she is planning to sell it in less than 4-5 years.

Last edited by typeOnegative : 17th February 2006 at 15:55.
Old 17th February 2006, 18:22   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative
But for that matter I wonder how much resale an Indigo Petrol has.
More than I expected actually. We were offered 3.5 L in Jan for our 2004 Indigo GLS. It was done by a taxi operator who wanted to convert it to LPG. Not that we wanted to sell it, Dad had just asked him for the heck of it.
Old 17th February 2006, 18:38   #30
Senior - BHPian

That's cool then. My respect for the Indigo petrol has gone up half a notch.

P.S. Which car are you referring to in your signature?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks