Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2011, 23:10   #31
BHPian

Re: Keep the Ford Mondeo, or Get a Skoda Laura 1.8 TSI?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Hi!

Managed to pull out exactly a 10 year old copy of ACI, have scanned it & putting it up.

Please download & zoom in if the picture is small Attachment 853281

This thread helps you see http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...-counting.html
Hey,

Here are some old links from my side.

SHOOT - OUT :- Camry vs Sonata V6 vs Accord vs Mondeo vs C-Class
Ford Mondeo 2.0 Duratec HE
Indiacar.com - Shoot out By TopGear Ford Mondeo vs Honda Accord 2.4 VTi-L vs Hyundai Sonata Embera
Ford Modeo Ghia Petrol & Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi1309 View Post
Okay not that it is related, read my thread on my newly acquired Sep 2011 TSi. You will at least get to know more about the car if not anything else.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...my-fiesta.html

Mondeo is an amazing car though, if it is in good condition keep it.
Abhi

Congrats on the brand new TSI. After work I am prowling around on team-bhp for car info and your report has been read with a lot of envy I must admit. Have been test driving tsi's for a few months now and can feel the elation that you have when you speak about the engine. Very few things offer the pleasure that a tsi drive gives you today.

cheers

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 30 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 8th December 2011 at 12:08.
megazoid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2011, 14:25   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by megazoid View Post
Folks,

Am in a dilemma of sorts where I can't decide between whether to go for a new TSI classic or retain my old mondeo. This question assumes importance as my mondeo clutch is due for replacement and I have already paid a booking advance for the TSI. But I still am not convinced that it should be the TSI.

Have driven both cars and while one is a great engine and a young car, the other is a fabulous handler and is really a drivers car while being no slouch. I have a swift turbo petrol which is my daily drive to work and is a great car for all kinds of terrain. Reason for stating this is that I already know what a turbo feel is.

To be frank, i can't seem to let go of the mondeo. Just feel that all the driving fun can be had in the car with routine expenses over the years and need not really put hard earned money for one more turbo petrol. Please note that the doubt has nothing to do with skoda service etc.

If I am buying TSI, the mondeo will have to go. The swift cannot go. Its too young. Hence the dilemma. What do you guys suggest?
Believe me, apart from the great engine and Skoda built quality, TSI doesn't offer anything much. In fact Mondeo with naturally aspirated engine, great dynamics, comfort and great exhaust note is a great driver's car. So, TSI will be downgrading not upgrading really. TSI can be a great mile muncher and can devour expressways, but, it is not mondeo when it comes to twisties. So, i will suggest you to keep mondeo if it doesn't have any problems.
If you are selling because of foreseen problems, i will give you one interesting option.
A friend of mine in bangalore would like to sell his great condition 2006 Mondeo Ghia petrol with true 42000 km on odo if he gets 4.5L for it. In this way you can get better spec version, low run hence newer car at not much of an upgrade cost. If you are interested, i will PM you his no.
Old 12th December 2011, 16:32   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46TheDoctor View Post
Believe me, apart from the great engine and Skoda built quality, TSI doesn't offer anything much. In fact Mondeo with naturally aspirated engine, great dynamics, comfort and great exhaust note is a great driver's car. So, TSI will be downgrading not upgrading really. TSI can be a great mile muncher and can devour expressways, but, it is not mondeo when it comes to twisties. So, i will suggest you to keep mondeo if it doesn't have any problems.
If you are selling because of foreseen problems, i will give you one interesting option.
A friend of mine in bangalore would like to sell his great condition 2006 Mondeo Ghia petrol with true 42000 km on odo if he gets 4.5L for it. In this way you can get better spec version, low run hence newer car at not much of an upgrade cost. If you are interested, i will PM you his no.
Thanks for the info man. But my car is in quite a good condition. But a yummy offering nevertheless.
Old 14th December 2011, 21:53   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Post it in http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/
Old 28th December 2011, 15:42   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
Hey! it's not my car and i am not trying to sell it or something! For your info, his no. is 7259829821 (Mr. Harish) and am posting this with his consent. Call him after 1st Jan as he is out of country as of now . Between, why do you need a mondeo when you have a vRS?

Last edited by 46TheDoctor : 28th December 2011 at 15:51.
46TheDoctor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2011, 16:49   #36

Can anybody please tell me where i can get a set of shocks both front and rear for my Ford Mondeo Diesel
Old 29th December 2011, 08:54   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Hey! it's not my car and i am not trying to sell it or something! For your info, his no. is 7259829821 (Mr. Harish) and am posting this with his consent. Call him after 1st Jan as he is out of country as of now . Between, why do you need a mondeo when you have a vRS?
For the benefit of any other BHP'ian Doc!
Old 2nd January 2012, 23:08   #38
BANNED

Option 1: Keeping the Mondeo: There comes a tipping point in the life of a car when everything starts going wrong one after the other - starter motor, AC compressor, steering box issues etc, etc. It is an indication of the onset of metal fatigue and the ageing process of the various parts of the car. It is at this point that one needs to really consider selling the car, because the ageing process would have robbed it of its original feel. The mileage at which this tipping point happens depends on how well it has been maintained and cared for. It is my guess that your Mondeo still has a lot more miles left to reach this point and therefore doesnt really need to be sold.

Option 2: Buying a TSI: If you look around, used TSI's are already available in the market for between 7.5 - 9.5 lakhs depending on the mileage done and the condition. However, like the other innovations of the VAG group (read DSG, PDI etc), this engine is still not perfect in certain areas. The clutch is a seriously weak area and you can never be too careful whilst using it. If outright speed @ the lowest price is your thing, then the fact that the TSI is as fast and arguably equally stable (in a straight line) as a 330i and big brother Audi's 3.2 FSI says a lot about it.

However, on reading your note, you really dont seem to be ready to sell your Mondeo. Your last line sums it up: "Just feel that all the driving fun can be had in the car with routine expenses over the years and need not really put hard earned money for one more turbo petrol". In fact, you might even regret it if you do.
Old 3rd January 2012, 01:22   #39
BHPian

So I went with the cumulative opinion expressed here and cancelled the TSI booking and got my mondeo clutch replaced. Did around 700kms with the new clutch and I must admit that I have had a blast.
megazoid is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2012, 14:07   #40
BHPian

Did you enquire Rajshree Ford?

But, if you're familiar with importing and have a reliable mechanic, order a set from Europe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by balaji View Post
Can anybody please tell me where i can get a set of shocks both front and rear for my Ford Mondeo Diesel

Last edited by AirWind : 11th January 2012 at 14:09.
Old 30th May 2012, 17:14   #41
BHPian

Quote:
So I went with the cumulative opinion expressed here and cancelled the TSI booking and got my mondeo clutch replaced. Did around 700kms with the new clutch and I must admit that I have had a blast.
I guess you made the right move after all. A simple clutch change can breathe new life into a used car and completely transform the ride.

Quote:
Folks,

I have a swift turbo petrol which is my daily drive to work and is a great car for all kinds of terrain. Reason for stating this is that I already know what a turbo feel is.
Just read your first post and noticed you wrote about a turbo petrol Swift. I assume that it is a typo and you meant the diesel.
Old 30th May 2012, 21:10   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
I guess you made the right move after all. A simple clutch change can breathe new life into a used car and completely transform the ride.

Just read your first post and noticed you wrote about a turbo petrol Swift. I assume that it is a typo and you meant the diesel.
It is a turbo petrol. Anyway, have sold the mondeo and these days drive a laura 2.0 DSG
Old 30th May 2012, 21:13   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by megazoid

It is a turbo petrol. Anyway, have sold the mondeo and these days drive a laura 2.0 DSG
Turbocharged petrol Swift? Can you share some details on the specs, source, performance, etc?
Old 31st May 2012, 00:11   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
Turbocharged petrol Swift? Can you share some details on the specs, source, performance, etc?
An install done at Red rooster performance. Puts out 118hp at the wheels. Have been running it for a year now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks