View Poll Results: Maintenance free
Baleno 56 64.37%
City VTec 23 26.44%
Lancer 8 9.20%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2006, 10:34   #16
BHPian

My Friends 2002 OHC 1.5 Exi, had his warning light comign on, when the car was into 50k mileage and we were in Goa on a Holiday. He got it checked at Goa and found out that the throttle sensor was the problem, the replacement cost Rs. 24k. The guys in Goa reset the sensors and advised replacement asap and not to do high rev's on our way back. He got it replaced in Bangalore. Anyone experienced similar problems in the OHC????

Its the Baleno all the way.....

Last edited by anarchist : 4th April 2006 at 10:37.
Old 6th April 2006, 12:23   #17
Senior - BHPian

Its now 1 year and 7K kms since I bought my Baleno last year and the maintenance figures go like below :
1st free service - 604/- (oil/filter change + wiper fluid topup)
2nd free service - 0/- (since oil change only every 10K kms)
3rd service is due this month and will again cost 600/- (I expect only oil change as I do not have issues to report / rectify).
Total maintenance cost for a year - 1204/-.

Ofcourse, the 1st couple of years would be typically low maintenance and then issues could start cropping up. Still, based on my past 20 years experience with Maruti800s, can say that the maintenance will be pretty low.
Don't know about the Honda and Mitsu though - never owned/used these cars. Anyone has comparitive 1st year maintenance costs for the Vtec and Lancer ?
Old 6th April 2006, 12:58   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
Anyone has comparitive 1st year maintenance costs for the Vtec and Lancer ?
Maintenance cost per kilometre would be a better way to compare cars, don't you think?
Old 12th April 2006, 12:25   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise
Another friend of mine city has done 1L kms & he was given an estimate of Rs.25000/- for carrying out the service.
Car had went for the 1 lakh service. Total bill amount was 69k. Could not digest Rs.69k for a service.

Thank god, i was not able to struck the second hand deal for HONDA & ended up with Swift (again thanks for the team-bhp).

PS: The guy is not much worried about the 69k bill & says he never mind as he takes that much from his 1.5
Old 12th April 2006, 12:38   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag
Maintenance cost per kilometre would be a better way to compare cars, don't you think?
You are right. Actually, I just used the 1st year figures because I had the figures for my car during that period. Also I heard some of my friends having Fords complain about the high charges during free services, I thought it would be better to have an idea, how different cars fare.
Old 12th April 2006, 13:25   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag
thanx Hrag, i guess u have hit the nail. our opinions should be more geared towards maintenance per kilometre.
Old 12th April 2006, 14:19   #22
BHPian

One of the most important maintenance would be decided by the cost of the spares.......People here have voted very strongly in favour of Baleno.

But the prices listed below is the spares cost for Baleno(Bangalore which I got 3-4 days back), which according to me seems very expensive. Can someone else post the prices of similar spares for say NHC/Lancer/Aveo/Fiesta?

------------------------------------------------------
Spare Baleno ---- 2006 ---- Pre-2006 model
front bumper ---- 3772
side mirror(each) ---- 5310
wiper blade(pair) ---- 156
front headlight(each) ---- 11635 ---- 1700
taillight(each) ---- NA ---- 710
Old 12th April 2006, 18:00   #23
BHPian

I voted for Baleno... :-)
Old 12th April 2006, 18:48   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatrx
Spare Baleno ---- 2006 ---- Pre-2006 model
front bumper ---- 3772
side mirror(each) ---- 5310
wiper blade(pair) ---- 156
front headlight(each) ---- 11635 ---- 1700
Venkat, is it that the prices for Baleno spares are different for "2006" and "Pre-2006" models ? ie. in case of the headlight, is it 11635/- for 2006 model and only 1700 for the latter ?
Its a huge difference - does the reflector of 2006 model have gold plating or something ?

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 12th April 2006 at 18:50.
Old 12th April 2006, 19:03   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
U mean MUL will pay me 710 for replacing the taillights ?
Old 12th April 2006, 23:02   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Venkat, is it that the prices for Baleno spares are different for "2006" and "Pre-2006" models ? ie. in case of the headlight, is it 11635/- for 2006 model and only 1700 for the latter ?
Its a huge difference - does the reflector of 2006 model have gold plating or something ?
Supreme, The dealer told me that a 'headlight' and 'taillamps' were changed in the baleno apart from the 'front grill' in the 2006 Baleno. I too was perplexed at the cost difference for the 'headlight'. He too seemed little confused but after rechecking the price list he reconfirmed the astronimical figure and suggested that 'beam adjuster feature' being the cause of price difference !! I had heard from a few guys, that maruti spares are cheap in general but doesn't apply to Baleno. After hearing the above figures from the dealer i too got quite shocked May be after I hear the competing model prices i might be able to make a better comparision.

PS: Guys, i am still waiting to hear the spares cost from other cars.....Hope to hear soon from you guys.
Old 12th April 2006, 23:10   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
PS: Guys, i am still waiting to hear the spares cost from other cars.....Hope to hear soon from you guys.
For all its worth, there is a comparison chart on Fiat India's website (it is working, alright?) listing down spare costs of various items for different cars. I don't think it is updated for long time though. (Talks about Sienna still.) But it should be anrough indicator to current prices.
Old 12th April 2006, 23:29   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
For all its worth, there is a comparison chart on Fiat India's website (it is working, alright?) listing down spare costs of various items for different cars. I don't think it is updated for long time though. (Talks about Sienna still.) But it should be anrough indicator to current prices.
RX, you got it right www.fiat-india.com is off the web
Old 13th April 2006, 10:33   #29
BHPian

Quote:
RX, you got it right www.fiat-india.com is off the web
its working, u might not have seen cause it requires ur popup blocker to b off. guys according to this site the parts of VTEC are cheaper than baleno, phew!
Old 13th April 2006, 16:14   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its now 1 year and 7K kms since I bought my Baleno last year and the maintenance figures go like below :
1st free service - 604/- (oil/filter change + wiper fluid topup)
2nd free service - 0/- (since oil change only every 10K kms)
3rd service is due this month and will again cost 600/- (I expect only oil change as I do not have issues to report / rectify).
SB, how does the service mechanism work for a Baleno? Don't you have the concept of 'X' kms or 'Y' months whichever comes earlier? What I'm saying is, for example -
1st free service - 1500 kms or 1 month from date of purchase (whichever earlier)
2nd free service - 5000 kms or 3 months from date of purchase (whichever earlier)
3rd free service - 10000 kms or 6 months from the date of purchase (whichever earlier).

That is more or less the schedule that Ford follows; just find it strange that you are yet to go through your 3rd service though its a year old.

Btw, I've gone through the 1st free service on the Fiesta, didn't have to pay anything, oil & filter change is at second service, lets see what comes out of that one

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks