Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2006, 19:23   #31
BHPian

Honda. that is it.

Thanks all for your discussion. I'm more than convinced for a classic OHC.

Classic performers are my passion.
My other notable classic collection is an Omega Moonwatch limited edition . Am happy to see so many around reflecting my taste.

OK, now,.. am seriously hunting around for a VTEC, if not will settle for a 1.5 Exi. Will let you all know when I buy one.
Old 26th April 2006, 15:40   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85
Ok soo congrats on the purchase. BTW, just out of curiosity, is it an LXI or a VXI

Cheers

Thanks I bought LXI
Old 26th April 2006, 15:51   #33
BANNED

i think there should be no problem's withe the honda engine... cuz they r ane of the best..... SO GO FOR IT MAN...
Old 26th April 2006, 18:25   #34
BHPian

As they say Honda engines are virtually bullet proof unless you really mess up with them, and the old Honda city in particular has just precisely proved to be nothing short of a very reliable machine, be it a 1.3 ,1.5 or a VTEC. Infact I have a friend who sold of his new Accent 1.5 after buying a used honda city 1.3( for his wife) that he again bought another honda city 1.5 for himself. So please go ahead and buy the same.

Cheers,
AJ
Old 26th April 2006, 18:52   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggercool
Thanks I bought LXI
Which shade........mmmmmmmmmm.....lemme guess???????

Pearl Silver???

Cheers
Old 28th April 2006, 16:07   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85
Which shade........mmmmmmmmmm.....lemme guess???????

Pearl Silver???

Cheers

Yes you guess it right .
Old 29th April 2006, 19:54   #37
BHPian

help me choose now, please

hi friends,

after a really nerve-wracking search for a OHC 1.5 / VTEC (have been searching for 4 months b4 i started this thread), I now have 2 pieces shortlisted,...

a OCT 2002 OHC 1.5 Exi - superiorly maintained, from a VERY reliable source - personal connection, has only 22000 on the odo, has mag wheels, leather seats, CD changer - for 4 lacs.

a May 2001 OHC VTEC - maintained quite well, surprisingly void of the basic mumbai scratches too!!, contact through an agent, 44000 on the odo, leather seats and ... nothing more also for 4 lacs.

i have tried to check everything possible to the level, the dealer got a bit irritated with me (never mind him - we know our job better )

which one would you people choose. sorry i couldnt post the pics immdly. i might have to close the deal in 2 days.

please let me know how much will it cost and what pains/searches to mount a VTEC head on a 1.5 engine as i read on this forum elsewhere.

looking forward to your replies.
thanks to all.
Old 29th April 2006, 22:21   #38
Senior - BHPian

Choice would be based on the individual requirement. If I was asked to pick up, I would choose 1.5 with eyes closed as I dont want the powerhouse.

What would be the mileage of 1.5 exi.
Old 2nd May 2006, 19:18   #39
BHPian

closing in on a OHC VTEC this weekend. will post pics soon. my story is not as exciting (and enviable) as another guy who got himself the best of 2nd hand VTEC!!!! (one really lucky chap that one)

but I managed to get a good OHC VTEC, 44000 on odo, brand new good year tyres - 185/65 R14, good black leather seats and a keyless entry all in 3.8 lacs, mumbai

did a good checkup of the car, got an insurance surveyor and a mechanic (who works on high end cars) to check it out. the dealer will kick me out if i dont go with the money to buy it next time.

thanks again to all you guys and veteran Honda judges i reflect your spirit.

all goes fine, am planning to rip it on palm-beach road soon. gotta get some old radar jammer to keep those non-techy indian cops away.
Old 2nd May 2006, 21:41   #40
BHPian

did you find this car in autoterrace itself?
Old 13th September 2006, 19:00   #41
BHPian

Hi there,
I just got to know abt a honda city 1.3exi on sale. Its clocked 90000 kms and is a 1998 model. Got stanley leather covers , with sun roof and read spoilers. The price quoted is 3 lacs. So my question

1. Is the price reasonable considering the fact that it is an 1998 model and has clocked almost 90000kms.
2. Even if the price is rite, would it be ok to purchase this car given the fact that it has run almost a lac kms already.

I own a car already and am planning to get either a Accent Crdi or a Scorpio Crde but owning an OHC has always been a dream. So given a choice between and brand new Crdi or Crde i would rather go for a good OHC . Pbbly will go for the diesels sometime later .

hope u guys can help me figure out if this OHC is a gud deal for the price mentioned
Old 13th September 2006, 19:32   #42
Senior - BHPian

Ok Rotorhead let me tackle your question pointwise.

1. No, the price is too high for an 1.3 of that age & mileage. This would be the first-generation OHC and I think you shouldn't pay more than 2-2.25L for this car, simply because one the mileage is pretty high & two, she's 8 years old already. And the price I mentioned is for a clean, good condition car which has not been crashed.

2. If the price is OK then there is no harm in buying an OHC with this kind of mileage provided it's been serviced regularly. The Engine & Gearboxes are bulletproof but you need to carefully inspect the Suspension (if it's not been done already), Steering Rack (really problem-prone especially in the first-generation cars), A/C Compressors (known to be common failures), also ensure the car has had no accidents.

Rest for detailed tips on buying an OHC search this section as I had posted some very detailed points to be considered before buying them, I am sure you will find it.
Old 13th September 2006, 20:00   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc
Sounds like you are passionate about the City.
Ask yourself 2 Q's:

1. After buying the Baleno, would you still drool and fret whenever you spot someone driving an OHC ?

2. After buying the OHC, would you still drool and fret whenever you spot someone driving a Baleno ?
VERY VERY WELL SAID .
Old 14th September 2006, 09:51   #44
BHPian

Thanx for the info iraghava..will get back to you after checkin out the car.
Old 15th September 2006, 15:19   #45
BHPian

Hi iraghav,
Was talkin to u earlier abt planning to get a CRdi or a scorpio Crde, what do u think abt the forthcoming verna from the hyundai stable. Would it be worth it to wait for the launch of this car abt which all I know is that the diesel powertrain chugs out 110 bhp which is really neat and looks a whole lot different from the current hyundai. Do u have any info on this new car. Hey btw is that a quattro or a lancia on ur profile ....man love those rally days of these unrefined brutes ..the current rally cars are meaner than the older ones but defenitely not as much charm as those oldies..what say u...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks