Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2013, 22:03   #16
BHPian

Re: Heart V/s Mind: Quanto or Amaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
Hi Guys, As the title explains itself.. confused between these two. Quanto is damn big and comfortable while Honda is a Honda. (Sorry not a good writer). Honda wins over FE and resale, while Quanto wins over space and comfort.
I had a very similar requirement and went with the Quanto.

Amaze will be easier to drive, And Quanto will be a butch vehicle, and very comfortable for the front passengers.

They both have pros and cons but for me, it was about having a SUV-like vehicle at a sedan price.
Old 19th April 2013, 01:13   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

I would suggest you to go with the Amaze.
Reason :As you will be driving mostly in the cities. Plus Honda Amaze will be more refined, far better fit and finish than the Quanto, Amaze will be more easy to drive and the 100 ps engine will be real fun in the city plus in the open highways too.
Quanto makes more sense if you have more persons on board , you do much more highway driving which may includes bad roads too where ground clearance can be a factor.
Both the cars are for different requirements. As per your requirement Amaze will suit you better.
Old 19th April 2013, 14:30   #18
BHPian

well if it was as simple as "Amaze is anyday better than the Quanto" ,products like the Quanto wouldn't exist.

I too drive an Indigo . When I was TD ing cars ,the requirement was that two turbaned Punjabis more than 6 ft tall could sit one behind the other in reasonable comfort (The indigo allows that). The sedans failed miserably,The cruze was extremely difficult to get into. Long story short, my brother and I were most comfortable with the TD of a SUMO gold and the Quanto. The front seating is something else in a quanto, sliding in and out easily . Not considering the ride quality of course or the dynamics.As it is going to be mostly driving at modest speeds in BtoB traffic,you should definitely TD both vehicles. As an automobile the honda is far superior but its about what fits you best.
drsingh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2013, 10:24   #19
Senior - BHPian

I TDed the both extensively and hence, the thread. Heart: Quanto (big big big).. Mind: Amaze (Honda Honda Honda).

Am I the only one with the delimma??
Old 22nd April 2013, 10:35   #20
BHPian

Are you in a hurry to buy a new car ?

If not, then wait for a month or so and you'll have the Eco sport launched by then.
It is great on looks and is also expected to have wonderful engine, along with all the major features (Bluetooth,airbags,abs etc). It might fit in your expectations.
Old 22nd April 2013, 11:12   #21
Senior - BHPian

Yep.. tired of driving my old car. Wanna change ASAP.
Old 23rd April 2013, 01:18   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Yep.. tired of driving my old car. Wanna change ASAP.
For me the eco sport seems a much better car than the quanto. I guess this decision of yours to buy a new car is a long term decision and i am sure you would want to buy the best product for your self so that you don't regret later on.

My 2 cents, wait for the eco sport to come and drive the indigo for some more time. Once the Eco Sport is launched, you would be in a better position to take a decision.
Old 23rd April 2013, 06:05   #23
Senior - BHPian

Do you need the 7 seats (albeit 2 super cramped 3rd row seats) space of a quanto. If not, the space of a quanto comes in terms of height, a-la tall boy designs. This comes at the cost of handling. If you are permanently driving in rush hour at second gear at 20 kmph, handling is a non-issue. Otherwise do consider that aspect.

If you need the additional GC of the quanto, then I suppose it makes sense. However given you are driving 90+% of the time in Delhi, that should not be a major concern.

As an overall package the amaze is hands down better. For me it is a no-contest. Pick the amaze
Old 23rd April 2013, 09:55   #24
BHPian

I would recommend Amaze purely as a product, have you considered 85 bhp diesel Duster. Performance should be the same as Quanto if not better. It gives you the best of both IMHO.
Old 23rd April 2013, 10:45   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohit Tripathi View Post
I would recommend Amaze purely as a product, have you considered 85 bhp diesel Duster. Performance should be the same as Quanto if not better. It gives you the best of both IMHO.
Yes, TDed the Duster.. didnt like it at all. Felt like am driving a 'swollen' Indigo!
panky12345 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2013, 10:50   #26
BANNED

Quote:
I TDed the both extensively and hence, the thread. Heart: Quanto (big big big).. Mind: Amaze (Honda Honda Honda).

HONDA - PLUS a Diesel. Thats more than enough to make up one's mind
PAVAN KADAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2013, 11:19   #27
Senior - BHPian

If its size which you are hankering after, go for the Quanto with eyes closed. With millions of Xylos running as taxis, it speaks volumes about the reliability of the car and ease of spare parts. I wonder why you are looking at Amaze when you have several better sedans to choose from compared to a cut price Honda.
I agree on the non SUV feel in a Duster, and I believe you will feel somewhat same in a EcoSport, even if it looks macho from outside.
As people have rightly said, the Xylo/Quanto have atrocious ride and handling qualities, and do make for an uncomfortable vehicle especially at higher speeds. In city crawling speeds the vehicle is comfortable.
The Amaze will always feel like a booted Brio from inside and you may end up feeling compromised after missing out on the high perch and big space of a MUV.
Speaking of MUV's please go and have a look at the Grande, which I believe falls in the Xylo price range, if your budget permits. Its a far better car than the Xylo is and now it has improved plastics too. Cheers.
Old 27th April 2013, 17:23   #28
BHPian

Not that I want to start a new debate :-) But, Have you tried Vista D90 ? very nifty car, which ticks most of your requirements..Since you are owning a tata vehicle, you might also get a better deal. Personally, I've found the space inside Vista much superior to many sedans.

It is wrong to compare a Quanto with a sedan/hatch. While the overall comfort /handling/etc will be definitely poor, the ability to handle rough roads with aplomb is what makes this attractive.

Last edited by haria : 27th April 2013 at 17:37.
Old 30th April 2013, 09:43   #29
BHPian

I think I understand the rationale on this comparison. Just my 2 cents (disclaimer: I own a Xylo)

1) Looks - Amaze wins clearly
2) Practicality in dense (Gurgaon-like) traffic - Amaze clearly wins. The Quanto is quite wide and limits ability to move into gaps. (However sitting high above others while stuck in traffic does have some advantages).
3) Road Presence - Quanto wins
4) Driving comfort - Quanto wins (For me personally was one of the biggest factors to buy the Xylo. Having driven some of the reputed SUVs abroad, I immediately felt at home and loved the driving position and height. Even today when anyone says that Innova or Duster has a driving position of a car and hence is better, I understand their perspective but am amazed how that can be considered a positive factor).
5) Handling - Amaze is ahead clearly.
6) Ride - In my opinion, Quanto is much more comfortable and ahead.
7) Maintenance cost - Quanto/Xylo have low maintenance costs, definitely much lower than other contenders hitherto in their segment and also lower than stable-mates like Scorpio. Honda have however staked claim to having lowest maintenance costs with Amaze. I guess only time will tell the truth behind Honda's claim.
8) Handling 'Rough Use' - I believe Quanto is ahead (based on comparison between Xylo vs. Honda City - and feedback from heavy users and cab drivers).
9) Driving over Rough roads / high speed breakers / cross country / village roads - Quanto gives full peace of mind.
10) Cleaning / maintaining - much easier on Amaze (Quanto's top is difficult to clean being very tall and needs props/support to clean). Surface area of Quanto being bigger also takes longer time to clean.

5 years down the line I may be happier with the resale value if I were selling the Amaze. Or probably happier in life that I was part of many sights and events, just because I had the Quanto and drove more/utilized well whenever opportunities presented themselves (or ones I created) not bothering about the road conditions or weather.

All the best.
manij is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th June 2013, 00:59   #30

Quote:

No dude... even me was in the same dilemma since the last few months.. test drove the amaze & quanto a zillion times... all that is said in this post about amaze & quanto is bang-on... I honestly went with my heart :- Quanto!!!

Here are a few of my reasons:-
1. Height - gives a great view of the road ahead & a superior position
2. Space - Got oodles of space for my family of 3 & also for my friends who care to tag along... I love to share happiness
3. Build - though a boxy structure & designing missing altogether but u feel the metal; it raves about the strong build quality & sturdiness which is cannot compare anywhere with an Amaze where even if u lean on it with ur weight; the bonnet might throw in a dent
4. Practicality - The features given here are not so great/over the top however are exactly the ones that you'd need in the day-to-day life. The theater effects of a dimming light, the storage, the emergency seats, the micro hybrid feature to give u better FE.
5. Low maintenance & spares availability- This goes on top of the rung for me .. M&M is known for its sturdiness & low maintenance of vehicles. The wide network also ensures that u get parts in remotest of the towns..

In my view, if u're trying to convince yourself on a Quanto... Suggest you give up on that & go ahead with your heart... Bet you'll not repent!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks