Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2006, 11:50   #46
Senior - BHPian

The thread doesnt seem to be merged,just routed.

BTW look at LAncer cedia. The select edition is prices 9.09 and only loses leather.

Now that's what I call BEst VFM in the segment.
Old 9th July 2006, 12:23   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
Miles but I would get a belt change at 50k for peace of mind. Get the tensioners changed as they are made of plastic (I think!).

One issue - is the Skoda dealer compeent enough to do this ?
That's a very valid point you raise Ajmat and the competency of SKoda dealers even here in Delhi is quite suspect. We had just had my close friend's vRS opened up in a good independent garage here due to the A/c fan not working and decided it could do with a service too and guess what we found? In 18,000 kms of running and regular services with the dealer the oil filter had never been changed! It was nearly completely choked and was stuck so had to be physically forced out of its slot. We checked the service records and we had been charged for the said filter in every service but my friend is very careless so the dealer got away with these things.

Imagine what else they are screwing up on.
Old 9th July 2006, 16:33   #48
BHPian

Any day..........

Honda Civic..............

Got it loud and clear?? Honda CIVIC....

Go for it dude.... any day........
Old 9th July 2006, 21:04   #49

Honda Civic

I think the other posts on Civic are closed for one reason or the other. With the most awaited model being launched I request the moderators to check if a thread is already closed before redirecting us to that.

Now my question - Apparently the car we are getting is the 8th gen version. Is there any meaningful difference between the ones available in the US and what we get here. Usually Indians get stiffed with lesser products for higher price. Is this the case with the CIVIC?

I paid a deposit of Rs. 50k to book the car. But I can always change my mind.
Old 17th July 2006, 15:57   #50
Senior - BHPian

VWBugy781

Don't compare US cars with Indian cars... Because, in reality, the only options you have are the Indian cars...

Between Octavia and Civic, I have finally decided to go for Civic...
I did also look at Corolla but that was the third option.
Old 17th July 2006, 20:33   #51
Senior - BHPian

SKODA OCTAVIA RS.

1.8liter turbo charged 150bhp engine, awesome 16" alloys, sunroof, nice sporty addons, xenons, ABS, climate control AC, Recaro type seats, superb build and scorching performance...what elz would u want?!
Old 18th July 2006, 02:11   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
THats what I was thinking as well. I had a similar problem with the gauges of the Corolla. Terrible at night on highways.
Thats funny. I am driving a Matrix out here. Same problem. Almost had an accident.
Old 18th July 2006, 02:25   #53
Senior - BHPian

While I am certainly in for jazzy dials, it seems that they perform better in video games only.

LML graptor is said to have the best dials on 2-wheels but every expert says that its distracting.

Honda civic dials too are completely videogame cockpit style but then its eye catching for sure. All the experts in N.America agree to it. Didnt find this happening in Corolla but I have hardly driven it for 50kms.

Looks like when it comes to the Cockpit, Simple but reliable dials are what we need.

I will still vote for the jazzy display though as I am a NFS freak.
Old 18th July 2006, 10:00   #54
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
Miles but I would get a belt change at 50k for peace of mind. Get the tensioners changed as they are made of plastic (I think!).
Do I get the tensioners changed now (I got about 12K on the car since Oct/Nov 2004) or at 50K. I keep my cars about 8 years. So I expect to keep my Octy till it has done 70K or so.

Last edited by navin : 18th July 2006 at 10:02.
Old 18th July 2006, 10:27   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Do I get the tensioners changed now (I got about 12K on the car since Oct/Nov 2004) or at 50K. I keep my cars about 8 years. So I expect to keep my Octy till it has done 70K or so.
Expecting 70K kms in 8 years? You don't drive it much, do you?

Shan2nu
Old 18th July 2006, 10:35   #56
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu
Expecting 70K kms in 8 years? You don't drive it much, do you? Shan2nu
12K since Oct 2004 so at that rate I should hit about 60K in 8 years or 70K in 9!

I dont drive much. I am chauffered from Home-Office-Home. About 20 Km per day x 5 days and then I drive a few kms on Sunday or Saturday night so about 600-700km per month.

It used to be worse. My last car (Opel Astra) did 40K in 9 years. Still looks good and has mostly orignal parts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks