Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2006, 22:51   #31
BHPian

Indica Turbo GLX- With all the works..! Would be a great choice for your sister- Safe and Secure- Built like a Tank Yes..!!!
Fuel and Maintainence wise..Turbo's are the best..!...!and Powered enough...+ Indica Turbo's are selling like Hot cakes on this side of the country...! And all issues related to the intial Turbo's have been solved...So It should be a good choice...!

Last edited by wolfinstein : 15th July 2006 at 22:55.
Old 19th July 2006, 14:57   #32
Senior - BHPian

My sister has an Indica and she hates driving it. The car in last two years has been trouble free but porr drivability (one has to change gears very frequently) would make anyone hate driving it. Ofcourse things could have been better in Indica Turbo but I haven't tried it yet.
Old 19th July 2006, 15:40   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
Ladies do not generally like boyh the palio and indica. Actually both are pretty similar, but my wife finds palio more uncomfortable than indica.
Wont quite agree with you...my wife drives a Palio GTX and she wont switch to any other car...In fact for couple of days she drove my lancer (automatic) and was not too pleased...as per her, Palio gives a solid and secure feel like no other car and is effortless to drive.
Old 19th July 2006, 19:29   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jathinrao
If u want a petrol car , go for the NEW Wagon-R .This car is a breeze to drive for the ladies.
If I would look at a small car, it would definitely be a Santro. Hahaha!!! I am biased!!! Sentimental Attachement. Many would remember the Ex-General Neo wit his Santro. lol!

Last edited by ampere : 25th June 2016 at 11:41. Reason: typo
Old 19th July 2006, 20:24   #35
Senior - BHPian

Hey neo if u are ready to spend on an indigo sx try for an accent viva crdi
Ask your sister to test drive the car I am sure she would love it (atleast after driving the indigo). Ask her to test drive it after driving the indigo ..

Viva in red looks cool (not the maroon but the one close to ferrari red)

If you can wait there are quite a few new diesels expected by the end of the year ...
Old 6th June 2016, 12:26   #36
BHPian

Re: Wedding gift (Diesel car around 5 L)

Bumping up a very old thread.

I need to finalize a car for the purpose of my sister's wedding which will happen during the winter season. In general, Swift twins rule the roost in the wedding market.

Both, my sister and the groom are working. Most likely, they'll start their house in Mumbai with plans to relocate to NCR sometime in future.
In an ideal world, I would like a safe car with good FE and good perceived value. I am working within a budget of five to six Lacs and hence, will have to compromise.

As, perceived valued is one of most significant factors here , my research turns all the conventional wisdom of car buying on it's head. Instead of buying a higher end variant from lower segment, I need to find a low end variant of a higher segment. And of course, this needs to be good enough, in Team-BHP sense as well.

I have time on my hand and this is not for my personal use, I would like to take an opinion from others as well, which will be essentially a gift to the new couple.

From my point of view, Baleno Sigma and very recent VW Ameo are the main contenders as a nice transport for a new family, which have the mandatory safety features as well as basic niceties.

Baleno offers better FE, better engine and better ASS.
Ameo offers better build quality, IMO better feature list for the base variant, and a boot!!
Old 20th June 2016, 22:52   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atnyia View Post

I need to finalize a car for the purpose of my sister's wedding which will happen during the winter season. In general, Swift twins rule the roost in the wedding market.

Both, my sister and the groom are working. Most likely, they'll start their house in Mumbai with plans to relocate to NCR sometime in future.
In an ideal world, I would like a safe car with good FE and good perceived value. I am working within a budget of five to six Lacs and hence, will have to compromise.

As, perceived valued is one of most significant factors here , my research turns all the conventional wisdom of car buying on it's head. Instead of buying a higher end variant from lower segment, I need to find a low end variant of a higher segment. And of course, this needs to be good enough, in Team-BHP sense as well.

I have time on my hand and this is not for my personal use, I would like to take an opinion from others as well, which will be essentially a gift to the new couple.

From my point of view, Baleno Sigma and very recent VW Ameo are the main contenders as a nice transport for a new family, which have the mandatory safety features as well as basic niceties.

Ameo offers better build quality, IMO better feature list for the base variant, and a boot!!
Many Congratulations to our sister and jiju.

IMHO, the wedding gift of car should preferably be the one which can be driven by bride/wife as well.
If possible, shortlist cars and ask her to pick.

Baleno Sigma is bare-bones with Steel wheel, black door handles. One may add accessories but factory fit is a factory fit.
If you can stretch for the Delta, it is worth choosing it.

Ameo's 1.2L engine is lackluster in nature. It sounds growly and feels strained on highways. Even in the city, it makes it's presence felt while MS and Hyundai power plants are much more refined. I would simply not recommend buying one.

I would recommend you to shortlist Compact Sedans to satisfy the criteria of "perceived value"
MS Dzire, Hyundai Xcent and Honda Amaze have excellent Petrol engines.
You can add Hyundai Elite i20 and Honda Jazz as well.

Another car to be considered is Ignis.
The launch is in this festive season and may suit all your requirements.
procrastinator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2016, 10:21   #38
BHPian

Quote:

For the range of 5 to 6 lakhs the car with maximum safety you can get is a TATA bolt in XMS trim. It is a good car with a turbo petrol. Nice and heavy built quality. It will come with ABS and 2 airbags and also the karman kardon. It is very spacious and a very practical car.

If a single airbag is sufficient you might opt for the hyundai grand i10 magna. Although the bolt will be a better choice. Happy hunting and congrats on your sister
Old 21st June 2016, 11:00   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
When do they plan to shift to NCR? If it is after 3-4 years, then fine. If in next 1 year, effectively you are subsidizing the next car owner while eating up a huge depreciation in the first year. Sorry this is not the question you had asked, but I hope you bear this in mind.
Old 21st June 2016, 12:57   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Ford Figo / Figo Aspire?
They have / had some good deals on the cars, they're new launches so bound to be in the market for a few years, and they're quite solid all rounders (good ride/handling balance, space, interior quality, etc.). Pick it up with an extended warranty and it should work out to quite a good package.
Old 21st June 2016, 13:29   #41
BHPian

Quote:

Baleno Sigma is a very good option that you have chosen. The car has all the basic features other than ICE and it might even be better to add the ICE yourselves, something like a Pioneer touchscreen HU with reverse camera.

As wedding gift, new cars are also very desirable. By the time of wedding you will also have Ignis to chose from.

As of now, I would suggest you go ahead with booking the Baleno, considering the waiting period, and if something more interesting comes around you can move to that later.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks