Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2006, 17:22   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_sizzlers
I happen to go through everybody's input.... As said in my previous posts, Aveo is better than Fiesta and NHC in 1.4. But, under performs in 1.6 ... So you have to first drive and see what is the kind of cc you are inclined towards. In my other posts I have extensively written on my experience (My Report as well as my accident of Aveo), from this you will get more info on the spare parts and FE. My opinion to you would be:
1. First Test Drive all the three options. Look for the points that you have given. When Test Driving the car please give your ratings n the various points you have jotted.
2. FE also depends on the way you drive.. So with a difference of 2-3 kpl in these 3 options of cars it will not matter much.

* This is how I short-listed the cars and came to a conclusion....
** The above said points are ONLY my personal opinions.....;-)
... May be you can include Baleno too.
Old 16th August 2006, 17:42   #17

Revharder!

Apologies if you feel that way. But like I have said earlier, I have shortlisted Aveo based on earlier posts on this forum and without even looking at either the Aveo or the Fiesta. I am going to base my final decision primarily on the posts on this thread.

The inputs from all were v. useful but I still feel did not tilt the scales in favour of one specific model of the three...
Old 16th August 2006, 17:50   #18
BHPian

sumwal,
so when you are going out to take a test drive of cars in discussion?

because, discussions can only only give you some hint and knowledge but final verdict of an individual can be assessed only after a test drive of all contending vehicles.
Old 16th August 2006, 18:03   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by revharder
sumwal,
so when you are going out to take a test drive of cars in discussion?

because, discussions can only only give you some hint and knowledge but final verdict of an individual can be assessed only after a test drive of all contending vehicles.
I am back in Mumbai on the 2nd of September and thats when this starts. Wanted to have the facts ready before starting with it. A year back I was looking at Swift Vs Getz and had almost bought the Getz before I had to travel out. But now the scene looks more interesting with so many options. Any news on the Hyundai Verna, thats also to hit the showrooms soon, isn't it?

Also, Revharder, I am sure NHC is a superior car but with so many of them around and a shape which I personally donot particularly like- I am not sure. Of course, I am not closed to the idea of buying one. Frankly might just end up doing that! BTW i preferred the old Honda City (lookwise ofcourse)over the new one. Whats ur take on that?

Last edited by sumwal : 16th August 2006 at 18:07.
Old 17th August 2006, 09:23   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revharder
sumwal,
you found namit's reply better coz you already made up your mind and his choice is same as yours.

but if you needs to compare one thing with others, you have to look at others too!
kindly read all replies once again. everyone has tried to give their valuable inputs regarding all the aspects mentioned by you.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Revharder !

In your first post you gave your befitting suggestion but if someone is not willing to buy it then stay quiet.

You dont have to rev hard on him simply bcoz he wishes to go against your suggestion .. be fair in your suggestion.

Everything sells in the market .. its just a matter of your individual preference.

I have driven all 3 cars and yes if REVVING is your only criteria then its gotta be Ford bcoz Ford goes hard on your pocket too.

Dont let this get your ego REVVING now.
Old 17th August 2006, 09:28   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumwal
Namit,

As said in my initial post I am majorly inclined towards the Aveo. So you are the man to give me most of the inputs. To start with something I am sure you have answered in some earlier posts: (for the record) what is the FE you get in city driving and on Highways?

Also, as you mentioned about resale value, any idea if dealers in India have started entering into buy back agreements with retail customers at the time of sale. I know for sure that they already do it with Corporates...
--------------------------------------------------------

Hi Sumwal !!

Mine is Aveo 1.4 and its giving me 11.5 in city with 100% a/c usage and i expect this to go a bit higher after first engine oil change.

Havent been on a proper higway drive and as it is highways are also congested nowadays.

For the buy back query i have no idea but please confirm with GM dealer.

Most welcome for any more suggestions needed on Aveo.
Old 17th August 2006, 11:05   #22
Senior - BHPian

What is your max budget ?
Does anyone have the OTR prices of the 3 cars in Mumbai ? Aveo 1.6, Fiesta SXi and ZX GXi ? I would think all of them would cost around 7.5 or more OTR.

Some other options - in case you are willing to consider:
# You could possibly bring the Optra Elite 1.6 into the picture with a 8 to 8.5 budget.
# Lancer's OTR prices should be within 7.5 - will still give the new cars a run for their money on the glam factor with some nice alloys.

Wait till October for your purchase - and possibly avail of Diwali discounts

btw, Verna is not out yet.
Old 17th August 2006, 11:13   #23
Team-BHP Support

It appears like sumwal has chosen Aveo and wants some feedback to back up his choice. That is perfectly alright, we don't have push him to re-evaluate other cars.

Namit, while your sentiments are understandable, you could tone down the sarcasm, it will only lead to more confrontation. Revharder, I hope you will ignore namit's comments and let it go. There is no need for a slug fest.
Old 17th August 2006, 14:41   #24

Again Lancer may be a superior car but its been around for a long time and am almost sure a new version would be in the offing, after which the novelty factor is lost ofcourse along with the resale valuations.

Same stands for the Baleno which also looks a lot dated as of now. Does anybody know when the Verna is expected to be out?

Also, does any body know about the numbers. How many Fiestas, Aveos and NHCs are currently selling per month?
Old 17th August 2006, 15:39   #25
BHPian

Hi Sumwal !!

Fiesta (Petrol) and Aveo are selling in equal numbers ... approx 1000 per month.

NHC surely must be selling more but dont know the count.

Hope this helps.
Old 17th August 2006, 15:52   #26
Team-BHP Support

@sumwai
Honda city and Hyundai Accent are the market leaders selling way more than Fiesta and Aveo. The sell more than 3000 city's per month. Accent numbers are also 2000+ usually
http://www.hondacarindia.com/about/m...s.asp?pr_id=80
Old 17th August 2006, 15:52   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
It appears like sumwal has chosen Aveo and wants some feedback to back up his choice. That is perfectly alright, we don't have push him to re-evaluate other cars.

Namit, while your sentiments are understandable, you could tone down the sarcasm, it will only lead to more confrontation. Revharder, I hope you will ignore namit's comments and let it go. There is no need for a slug fest.
don't worry.
it is okay with me.

namit,
this is what i wrote there:
Quote:
kindly read all replies once again. everyone has tried to give their valuable inputs regarding all the aspects mentioned by you.
it has a word in bold and underline to attract some attention and to give some emphasis on that. hope now you can understand my stand!

sumwal,
i am waiting anxiously for your test reports.
gud luck.
Old 17th August 2006, 20:46   #28
BHPian

Sumwal,

If you are convinced, go for Aveo. There is no problem with the vehicle. I too own Aveo 1.6 LT and I absolutely enjoy the rich feel inside. Yes, it comes with a slow responsive engine, but it is more than adequate for city driving. Also, it is a great performer on highway. I just enjoy the ground clearance it offers. With fully loaded car, it can take on any bumps without scraping the bottom. This was one of the criteria why I went for Aveo and not for City.
Old 21st August 2006, 17:56   #29

Can you tell me what is the FE you are getting with 1.6LT? I understand company is claiming 14.9Kmpl in the ad.
Old 22nd August 2006, 11:06   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atulrastogi
Can you tell me what is the FE you are getting with 1.6LT? I understand company is claiming 14.9Kmpl in the ad.
To be frank, I've not checked it still. 14.9 is the average FE in both city + highway. I think 1.6LT should give around 10 to 11 in city (with AC). Anyone else has tested the mileage on their Aveo 1.6 LT?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks