Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2006, 01:01   #16
BHPian

vcd player i can forget....adjustable seats and biege interiors is what that attracted me. Side skirts enhances looks,but spoilers also do the same ,right....any idea how much the originals cost....would fake leather seat covers work ...the car is going to be in bangalore.i would also like to know the price of best quality alloys.....

As you said Marina is very good looking i am seriously considering it....maybe tomo ill go for a test.

Colour which one will look good on road,sequin red is not available at least for afew weeks,i think carbon black looks best after that...

thanks buddy ,do comment....

Last edited by shebin : 18th August 2006 at 01:03.
Old 18th August 2006, 02:35   #17
Senior - BHPian

Marina I guess has biege interiors and height adjustible seat too. But its for you to check out.

Sideskirts do enhance the looks but I would prefer against. Do get a spoiler though. You can get a better one as an aftermarket fitment but The company accessory wont ruin your warranty.

And yes black looks good. If you go the marina way, you will save on spoiler.

Do check which 15" tubeless fits.
Old 18th August 2006, 02:55   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc
Cochin ex-showroom prices:
Palio 1.9 ELPS - 4.55
Palio 1.9 ELXPS - 4.93

Petra 1.9 ELPS - 5.48
Petra 1.9 ELXPS - 5.86

Indigo SX - 5.99

My take on this: If you are willing to fork out 6L+ on an Indigo, you should seriously consider the Petra D. Go for the ELPS and do it up with the spare cash. Tata showrooms may not sell Petra's but they'll service it.

Edit: Prices are as per respective company websites
Cochin does not have Fiat exclusive dealer and TATA-Fiat dealers do not sell Palio D and Petras.

I wanted a Petra D desperately and due to nonavailability of this car in Cochin had to settle for Indigo LX.

Shebin...IMHO don't go for SX..its a shear waste of moolah. LX and SX both are Luxuary versions only difference being SX comes with LCD,side moulds and better leather interiors n not to forget alloys which are not that impressive.
Go for a LX and these days they are giving good discounts on this version. you can add alloys of your choice laters.

Baleno is a nice car in your price range, since you'll b driving alot...FE will be a concern. Heavy discounts on these days..check it out!!

Cheers,
ICEMAN
Old 18th August 2006, 06:56   #19
Senior - BHPian

You would want to check this out. especially since you said the car is going to be used in Bangalore. I suppose they have CNG stations there.

http://www.business-standard.com/com...IN&autono=3197

the car retains its 37 litre petrol tank besides the 60 litre CNG tank. The car has a driving range of 140 kms on CNG, and can be switched on to the normal petrol mode in case a CNG refill is not possible. The vehicles come with the normal unlimited km. manufacturer’s warranty for 18 months
Old 18th August 2006, 16:19   #20
BHPian

Indigo SX is a waste of money.

It is more like a nonsense masala Bollywood film spiced up with a short term guest appearance of a lead star or an item girl.

If you want the Indigo, go nothing more than the GLX / DX (or whatever is the diesel high end). They work fine enough for the price and you can buy all the add-ons that make up the SX and still have some money in the bank.

Else, go with the other gurus advice,... Ford Fiesta / Fusion. Fits your needs perfectly in every point.

If you dont mind the old faced loyal Maruti,.. take this one (only from a good dealer). You also have your demanding point of a resale satisfied.

Last edited by gbpscars : 18th August 2006 at 16:21.
Old 23rd August 2006, 22:53   #21
BHPian

Hi everybody,

Thanks a lot for the comments,wich were very valuable in making my decision.

Finally i zeroed down Sx.The alternative was LX..The reasons for me to go for SX are,

Colour black was available in Sx only....as LX stocks were limited to silver..

After the extra fittings the amount i can save on an lx is 30,000 including leather seats and side skirts.(There is no audio system in LX ,i have to fit it seperately)

However there is no gaurantee that the side skirt will remain,based on the feedback i got from onether user ,as there is a small difference in the suspension settings for SX, so the side skirts are touching the ground for lx ,whenever the car travels on uneven surface and had to be removed.(I saw this vehicle personally).

They gave 25000 discount on the sx and that was the last piece with discount....

Tata finance provided the finace for the vehicle in terms better than hdfc was offering for lx..

The only thing i din want in the vehicle was that vcd player and LCD screen however the discount i got settled that....

I liked the looks and space inside the vehicle (panel gaps are better comapared to the older versions and they say now its around 70 bhp ) and feel its ok for the price.

This is the first time i going for a tata vehicle(zen, ikon,amby) and i will keep you posted once i get the dilivery of the vehicle (may be two three days later due to the excellent service of the finance person.)

Cheers!!!!
Old 24th August 2006, 05:37   #22
GTS
BHPian

Congrats on your choice, you wont regret decisions. Enjoy your new purchase, possibly you could upgrade the VCD system to a DVD one.
Rgds
GTS
Old 24th August 2006, 08:54   #23
BHPian

With dicored indigo on the anvil, rumoured to released within a month, i would suggest you to put your decision on hold.... if possible.
Old 24th August 2006, 12:37   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosikrishna
With dicored indigo on the anvil, rumoured to released within a month, i would suggest you to put your decision on hold.... if possible.
I agree. Did you ask the dealer about Dicored Indigo (Not that they will accept it, but just in case you know someone at dealership)? The price difference should not be much but it will be nice to drive with loads of torque.
Old 24th August 2006, 13:40   #25
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Shebin,

Dont mean to dampen your spirits, but reports have recently come around on Team-BHP that production of the current Indigo has stopped, and the common rail engines are due for a launch in less than a month.

I suggest you wait. The dicor indigo is expected to be a huge improvement in power and refinement. You dont want to regret your decision.
Old 29th August 2006, 22:12   #26
BHPian

sx

I got the information from the sales guy, the dicor will come out soon ;nov-dec.the price will more ,he told me

However guys i have decided for the sx , i would wait and watch for dicor,coz the tata vehicles the first customers are actually the people who test run the vehicle,based on their feed back (sufferings )within one or two year they will accomadate improvements and finnally a better car will come out( based on indica and v2 indica experience).by that time i will be selling this one ,i will be set back by a neat amount on SX but i still beleieve the old model will have a market standing due to high mileage and cheap maintainence.Most of the users of TDI are happy with the overall performance of the vehicle.Since this is my first TATA experience i want to try out.

I ll get the car on friday i ll keep u all posted how it feels on road....

Thanks everybody for sharing u r views with me ,it was very informative...
Old 1st September 2006, 22:20   #27
BHPian

Guys i got delivery today at 4 pm,i am giving my first impression.

The car was given in good condition however some stains were there on the leather.....

Fit and finish as whole is good but frankly it lacks that luxury feeling,finish is not that excellent,tata needs to work a lot on that. I doubt the quality of the meterials used for interiors.anyways for this price its ok.

Music system is kenwood and hopeless,need to change the speakers imm.

vcd i din even check out

Seats are really good the leather finish is excellent i would say....

Insured with TATA AIG, i told them not icici at any cost.....

seating position is excellent however i missed the view of bonnet,you have to get used to it for driving it. NO idea where the front portion is while turning..any comments?,indica/go users.

Ample space inside the car, in that matter it humbles any car.

Ac is very powerful but could nt check it out properly....

Gear is hopeless with alot of play... i missed 2nd gear lot of time...TATA Pls spend on the part...its a major discomfort.
But i am sure once u get used to it u will manage that easily...

Pedals are bit stiff,odo and speedo is good seat height adjusters are good.Powersteering has a solid feelding and suits the vehicle.High speeds i don know. Brakes are good but not cofidence inspiring. Handling wise also the vehicle is good.

The engine lacks punch below 2300rpm.Can we do something abt that after warranty period.even if i lose some mileage doesnt matter.....

I feel that the vehicle is a value for money thing. the engine is noticeably silent with glasses rolled down also( i am surprised),good NVH settings. So i think i will keep this car for atleast 3 years. To enjoy this car you should first accept the fact that its a non performer.love it for its space and FE.its the indian crude- luxury but i felt happy in the car coz its thrilling to handle this babe who has been most maligned in the auto world and also our dear TATA pdt
Forgot to mention , the turbo performs excellently and this one sure is highway cruiser

will keep yoou posted
Old 4th September 2006, 11:45   #28
Senior - BHPian

Shibin ,congrats on your buy. Get a replacement K&N, which should liven things below 2300 ( based on feedback and drive in a 60bhp sienna)

and for ICE get nice compo for frnts and a 6x9 for rear..maybe an amp and maybe exchange the HU for a DVD HU
Old 4th September 2006, 19:31   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
NO idea where the front portion is while turning..any comments?,indica/go users.
From the wind-screen in front of the driver:
- 3 ft from wind-screen to your front end, at the nearest.
- 5 ft to the opp left corner. This 5 ft includes a few inches of cushion. These are your minimum distances.

Quote:
Gear is hopeless with alot of play...
report that to the service guys - I dont see any problems with my Marina gear box. May be they can fix it up.

Quote:
The engine lacks punch below 2300rpm.Can we do something abt that after warranty period.even if i lose some mileage doesnt matter.....
wait till second service when they [apparently] remove a lock that will allow better performance.

* Pls dont forget the idling after starting the engine and before switching it off.
* OD test report said the 26 psi tyre pressure is on the lower side, so pls experiment for your comfort pressure levels. I am doing at about 30.
* When oil change is done, 5 litres will bring it to the upper level mark. Recommended is 5.5 litres. Suggest, insist for 5 litres only.
* They will offer Bardahl special duty later on: Rs 500 for 250 ml. Better to get 4.5 litres engine oil and then top it up with 500 ml of Bardahl. Retail price of the Bardahl is Rs. 300 for 300 ml.

jkdas, this is a TDi - does it still need a K&N? IIRC, the Sienna isnt a TDi.

Happy driving ..

Last edited by condor : 4th September 2006 at 19:42.
Old 4th September 2006, 21:42   #30
Senior - BHPian

condor! that 5 ft stuff!!! u measured?

Sienna had the low end problem which got a lot of improvement after replacement K&N was fitted ( pls PM maxbhp for details as he owns that car)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks