Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2006, 08:10   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

the other car in the house is a Marina .. and the 5 ft is from the windscreen in front of the driver, to the [opposite] front left corner. The distances I had mentioned have a little cushion, and can take care of any un-expected appendices and protrusions

I think the Siena is naturally aspirated, and hence the noticed improvement in the performance. The TDi in the Indigo is a single turbo, and has some turbo lag. IMO, the K&N wouldnt help this Indigo.
Old 5th September 2006, 10:39   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor
the other car in the house is a Marina .. and the 5 ft is from the windscreen in front of the driver, to the [opposite] front left corner. The distances I had mentioned have a little cushion, and can take care of any un-expected appendices and protrusions

I think the Siena is naturally aspirated, and hence the noticed improvement in the performance. The TDi in the Indigo is a single turbo, and has some turbo lag. IMO, the K&N wouldnt help this Indigo.
Sienna is turbo charged; old 1.7diesel + a turbo
Old 5th September 2006, 18:26   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

so I stand corrected.

Shebin, what's up over there? How's the car doing?
Old 27th September 2006, 15:36   #34
BHPian

SX report

Sorry guys i was out of station for some time......

Here is the indigo tdi s first 3000 km report.

i went for a long drive- bangalore to mangalore then from mangalore to cochin again back to mangalore, finally mangalore to bangalore....some local running also....
So what i would put in a single word is the vehicle is really good and value for money......you must know that i was tata hater..but i would say that they have improved marginally.

The engine is smooth performer.the turbo sounds sporty, nvh is better.the only thing missing is low end torque, so frequent gear changing is inevitable if you need power.the power starts flowing from arnd 1800 rpm to 3300. overtaking is no more a problem. but you need to get familiarized with the engine to make it work.overtaking is fun in 3rd gear. i went directly to 3rd from fifth and the power delivery was great.it gets smoother the more it runs.higways 130 - 140 was easily done but i din press hard coz the new engine. but 120 kmph is like breeze in tdi.FE i got is arnd (combined )15 with ac.i did the whole journey with five people and fully loaded boot

Handling is also really good, eventhough at times you may feel timid..but the car handles really well.

Body is very solid. no sounds as of now....

interiors are good but needs more improvement....i had problem with the positioning of breke pedal. i dont get full contact on the pedal.only a part of my feet i s touching the pedal.so braking was not that good experience.But the brakes function very well and has good stopping power,but the car drags forward a little but if you are in fifth gear and doing a speed of 80 and above.

gutters and potholes are no more a big issue....she takes them easily.

one thing that i face is i some how eel the driver seet positiong is not correct...i feel its a liitle more left side oriented.i am 5 10. event after pushing the seat back my left knee hits the central console, near audio system....and i have already mentioned the brake pedal issue

Pls let me know if any further details is needed, i am in little hurry, i ll be adding more info soon...
Old 12th October 2006, 21:56   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

TATA - Indigo Owner's Manual available on-line

http://www.cars.tatamotors.com/tatam...ersManual.aspx

Last edited by condor : 12th October 2006 at 21:59.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks