Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2006, 14:37   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D
Can you please explain "class" thing according to your definition
I thought "class apart" itself was quite clear but let me try again....different league, does that make it any better? They may be related and still be a class apart....like maybe the Vtec & the Civic? Or the Esteem & the baleno?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkkoul
I have driven Fiesta SXI and I own Ikon ZXI
I'm not doubting that, I'm questioning your ability to pass judgement when you haven't driven enough of the Fiesta. I own both and have driven 9.5k on the Fiesta already - IMHO that's enough for me to do a proper comparison & I find the Fiesta better on most counts other than perhaps handling
Quote:
Just compare the look and feel of those controls with SKODA, and you know the difference.
That statement is bordering on the ridiculous in my opinion....what are the price ranges you are comparing????? If you compared with a NHC ZX or even an Optra the comparison may have made sense!
Quote:
The only thing which I didn't like too much about VTEC is that I didn't get a great kicky performance from VTEC.
And the kicky performance of the VTec is its strongest selling point...but maybe different strokes for different folks!

Last edited by suman : 18th August 2006 at 14:40.
Old 18th August 2006, 14:56   #32
BHPian

Udit, I guess your main priority is performance. If your choice is a petrol engine yes the decision of Ford Fiesta 1.6 Sxi is a wise one than the City VTEC. Fiesta is a better performer than VTEC as well as its handling is also better to VTEC.

But if you are interested in Diesel Engines and not in a hurry then I suggest you to wait for the Verna CRDi. The current CRDi outperforms many cars and the new Verna CRDi will be much more better.
Old 18th August 2006, 15:51   #33
BANNED

Guys,

I thought there will be no replies after my last one... but to my surprise there is a huge number of replies.... to an extent people started fighting ... this makes me confuse again... City VTEC or Fiesta Sxi... i am going to go again tommorow and see both cars again.... then close the deal...

Lets hope i am able to decide
Old 18th August 2006, 16:10   #34
Team-BHP Support

Note from mod : adarsh, suman, 1100D, rkkoul you are going way off topic and arguing silly about subjective things. I'm cleaning up this thread so that only relevant posts remain
Old 18th August 2006, 16:22   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
Note from mod : adarsh, suman, 1100D, rkkoul you are going way off topic and arguing silly about subjective things. I'm cleaning up this thread so that only relevant posts remain
Thanks for cleaning it up TSK, it looks a lot better now!
Old 18th August 2006, 16:42   #36
BHPian

Finally! Things are back to normal in this thread. BTW, i agree completely with Suman and i feel the Fiesta SXI makes more sense than the NHC VTEC
Old 18th August 2006, 20:52   #37
BANNED

Hi Guys,

Has anyone recently bought City Gxi or VTEC in New Delhi? If yes, i want to know are the dealers offering any kind of discount.... Ford dealer told me he can give 10 K discount...

Please let me know the dealer details as well.....
Old 18th August 2006, 23:37   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman
Thanks for cleaning it up TSK, it looks a lot better now!
Yes surely it looks clean
Old 19th August 2006, 18:26   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udit78
Hi Guys,

Has anyone recently bought City Gxi or VTEC in New Delhi? If yes, i want to know are the dealers offering any kind of discount.... Ford dealer told me he can give 10 K discount...

Please let me know the dealer details as well.....
PM Goldie Malhotra, he's a City VTEC owner & should be able to guide you on that front
Old 21st August 2006, 15:51   #40
BANNED

City VTEC - Solicating Feedback

Hey Guys,

Any VTEC City owners out there.... please share the feedback; also is it really worth spending 70 k more over the Gxi and get the VTEC....

Please share....

Thanks in advance,
Udit
Old 21st August 2006, 16:03   #41
BHPian

hey man u still have not decided which car to buy my best advice go for the car which u like best than worrying about anything else all the 3 cars mentioned r equally good in their own rights
Old 22nd August 2006, 00:15   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udit78
Any VTEC City owners out there.... please share the feedback; also is it really worth spending 70 k more over the Gxi and get the VTEC....
hey udit, i guess it all boils down to the fact that do you really want to use all those extra horses under the hood, or are you going to use it as a point A to B vehicle.

the extra power/torque that you get in the VTEC is realy enjoyable at all speeds, but mostly at higher rpms. and delhi has enough roads where you can speed up to 80-100. that is exactly where the VTEC kicks in and the serious fun starts.

and there is not much difference in the FE between the two.
Old 22nd August 2006, 10:26   #43
BANNED

Thanks goldie... i shall choose between the Gxi and VTEC... now atleast i have closed that it is Honda City... will be booking in 1st week of September...

Thanks again,
Udit
Old 22nd August 2006, 22:15   #44
BHPian

Honda City Vtec is a lot more better car, i feel so... actually the city Vtec comes with lot more changes from cosmetic to the dashboard .. when compared to the normal GXi ...
City is much more user friendly car ... except for the steering ... but once u get used to it... there is nothin to complain about ..
It was Autocar Car of the year ... should i say more...
try the Vtec ... you will never repent
Old 23rd August 2006, 00:04   #45
BHPian

hey udit,

congratulation for selecting vtec, which color are you planning, also look for an tyre upgrade, i went for 185/60/14 bridgestone potenza III, i know you are not seeking any advise on the following but may be they will cross your mind sooner then later, being a owner of vtec i can say apart from the performace it comes loaded with one very precious thing

"peace of mind"

Last edited by fight_club : 23rd August 2006 at 00:10.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks