Maruti Dzire 27 7.54%
Honda Amaze 14 3.91%
Hyundai Xcent 16 4.47%
Voters: 358. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2015, 21:40   #46
BHPian

Re: Ford Aspire vs Tata Zest vs Maruti Dzire vs Honda Amaze vs Hyundai Xcent

Best option is Aspire and worst one is Tata Zest.

Tata is still worst when it comes to quality. Here is one example.

Skip to 5 min 58 secs
Old 22nd September 2015, 22:18   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
Best option is Aspire and worst one is Tata Zest.

Tata is still worst when it comes to quality. Here is one example.
Do you always make an opinion based on what others say? How many Tata cars have you owned till date or have driven? And from that entire video you pointed out one part of 10 seconds and declared the car as worst.

We dont even know if that was a TD car or test mule. There are 1000s of satisfied customers of Zest, even on Team BHP. Please do your research before concluding and making such claims.

BTW, Zest is Team BHP car of the year.

No more discussion from side. Over and out!

Last edited by mobike008 : 23rd September 2015 at 08:24. Reason: Please avoid quoting large text, images or videos...Thanks
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2015, 22:56   #48
BANNED

Just had a casual glance at the Poll results and I am not surprised. Ford Aspire takes the cake and eats it too fully without giving anyone.

I am NOT getting-in fuel preferences now as the poll is a generic one to get an idea as to what we BHPian's think and prefer when competition is gaining grounds and almost equal.

Here are the results as of now:
Name:  ForumRunner_20150922_225229.png
Views: 2751
Size:  47.6 KB

Honda should be emailed this link so that they understand what the market needs and what the market is being given by them.

Since the Aspire had just launched I'll keep track of how the car sold in the period of next 6 months to get to some conclusion.

With 5 digit sales figures of the Dzire, I can see that head at Maruti are having sleepless nights. I was thinking that the Zest would dethrone the Dzire but it was untouched. Sad to see Zest not doing well. Thumbs down to Tata and it's management skills. Good to see it in second place here on the poll. Wish the same reflected in sales too.

Another surprise to me was Xcent, didn't expect low votes for it. A good car all around. Not sure what is being missed out.

PS: My vote is for Ford Aspire.

I love that 1.5L diesel engine underneath the hood. Totally tired of the 1.3L MJD.

Be it features, looks, engine, drive-ability, build quality - Ford had done it AGAIN! Congratulations to Ford.

EDIT:

Good to see such cars (Aspire) getting launched as Maruti and the rest will have to do something to stay in the market and not loose their share.

Good time for we customers is on the way. "Hamare Acche din aa rahe hai!"

Last edited by a4anurag : 22nd September 2015 at 23:04.
Old 22nd September 2015, 23:07   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

I haven't driven the Aspire yet, but that would be my choice too from the segment. And option 2 will be the Zest. These two products have gone ahead and instilled some fresh breath. Zest with the 90 bhp engine, space, beautiful HK system & DRLs. Aspire with a 100 bhp engine, 6 airbags & looks with range topping FE too.

Edit: Was looking at the chart and for the diesel MT variants, why do we have the Aspire & Xcent listed as 1.2 P; even Amaze is 1.5P?? It should be 1.5 & 1.1L respectively.

Edit 2: Amaze will be the last option for me, either petrol or diesel.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 22nd September 2015 at 23:11.
Old 22nd September 2015, 23:35   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Do you always make an opinion based on what others say? How many Tata cars have you owned till date or have driven? And from that entire video you pointed out one part of 10 seconds and declared the car as worst.

We dont even know if that was a TD car or test mule. There are 1000s of satisfied customers of Zest, even on Team BHP. Please do your research before concluding and making such claims.

BTW, Zest is Team BHP car of the year.

No more discussion from side. Over and out!
Car of the year thingy are usually given to a car during the initial days based on value / performance. There is no doubt that Tata made lots of improvement in the Zest when compared over previous Indica generations however, it is still very much behind the competition. Here my point is about long term reliability.

It really pains if any one of the product we own is criticized but we have to accept the faults. Honestly, there is no need to own a Tata car to tell about its reliability. Ask any Ola, Taxi for sure or other taxi drivers. They will tell you how reliable Tata car is.

Speaking of research, where do you get the stats that 1000s of satisfied Zest owners here ?

I have huge respect over the reviewers who make bold, honest statements.
amvj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2015, 06:15   #51

Hi all,

In my opinion, I would still go for ZEST, considering the price factor, and not so difference in the car specifications. I have gone through the thread, and I am not happy with this poll. This poll does injustice to Tata even after providing all the features in line with Ford Aspire. That does not say, that I am not happy with Ford Aspire, but the way Tata has been degraded just for ASS is not a worthy criteria to be treated the way it has been treated by the members here.

I have been following Team BHP since years, and I have seen what the team members have been doing to Tata. Even after going through the reviews, I took the test drive of Tata, and found it adequate for my requirement. Also, I kept myself ready to face the consequences at the ASS. But I am a proud owner of Tata Vista, 2010. So far, I have not faced any issues with the car or their services.

Mostly the ASS depends on the expectation of the customer and the kind of employee working at the Tata center. If the customer treats the employee like a friend, he will get the same in return. On the other hand, if you try to be rough with him or try to go one step above him and try to rule over him, you will get the same result. You must understand that they are also human beings, and they are dealing with 100s of cars and 100 of customers. They cannot remain pleasant throughout the day with each and every customer and yet deliver on the promises. I know you will say, so is the case with the other ASS, but hold on...

I am not proud of saying this as an Indian, but we have been reduced to a state where we liked to be pampered a lot. We like to be treated like kings. I have personally seen such cases at Tata. This might hurt the ego of the worker, and he might do things to slowly degrade your car performance, just to pacify his anger, for which the company has no control (It is the case in any company. If the employee is smart, he cannot be caught and dismissed too). In MNPs, they are first taught to give pleasure to the customer, than on the actual work. It may be possible that very less work is done on the product, but the customer is so engrossed in the ambience and the pleasure provided by the customer service center that he fails to notice what he immediately notices at a Tata center.

I know this is not the right thing to say and I know I will be attacked for this statement. But why import other cars when you have a TATA or MAHINDRA in our stable. Tata and mahindra are doing their best in bringing the advanced technology of the world to their cars. But if they are not allowed to do their business in India, how are they going to spend money on bringing the technologies to India when their own people do not buy their car! And lastly, I am of the view that we are getting a very low rated car from these outside countries as compared to what is being offered in their own country. Such examples are clearly seen by Volkswagon US news floating around today and the one done by GM to India two to three years back.

I rest my case. Peace!
bhp4putuval is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2015, 06:44   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I am NOT getting-in fuel preferences now as the poll is a generic one to get an idea as to what we BHPian's think and prefer when competition is gaining grounds and almost equal.
Thanks for starting this interesting thread.

I think it might be worth considering having a separate poll based on fuel type as a new thread sometime later.The posts in your thread indicate that most of the people have made the choice / preferences on the basis of the engine. For Ex Aspire would be at the top incase of Diesel but it would be at the bottom when it comes to petrol.Also this information would be handy for people making a new car purchase.
dpkbehera is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2015, 08:29   #53
Senior - BHPian

Brand Image driven market we are. PERIOD!!!

In the polls no matter what we vote for am sure first most of us BHPians would never go for a CS and even if they do ultimately they would put their money on Dezire(for maruti image+resale)/Xcent(again for hyundai) or Aspire(for diesel and relatively better image than TATA). Am not a compact sedan guy but petrol being my choice of car(owing to low usage), Zest would be my pick for the relatively torquey engine. Unlike most,I have no issues with TATA image as such but I hate the egg-shell Indica-ish structure they just dont want to let go. Rest everything about the car is lovely. Its cheaper than every other car in the segment and unlike Amaze has no prominent cost-cutting visible but its really sad to see the numbers. Goes on to prove the first line in my post. IMAGE. in our market if you get a bad name once, its almost impossible to wipe it off buyer's mind.

voted for ZEST.

PS: For diesel, ASPIRE is a no brainer for me in the Titanium(O) trim. Complete product.

Last edited by SoumenD : 23rd September 2015 at 08:32.
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2015, 09:08   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Brand Image driven market we are. PERIOD!!!

In the polls no matter what we vote for am sure first most of us BHPians would never go for a CS and even if they do ultimately they would put their money on Dezire(for maruti image+resale)/Xcent(again for hyundai) or Aspire(for diesel and relatively better image than TATA).
Then I must be in minority as i am going in for CS

By the way it would be interesting to have a poll on what segment cars BHPians own (Not Preference but Ownership) !!!
Old 23rd September 2015, 09:26   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaheshY1 View Post
Fit and finish of the Xcent makes me wanna pick it but when safety (ABS and Airbags) takes a back seat, I take a step back.
Just saw this in today's newspaper:

Ford Aspire vs Tata Zest vs Maruti Dzire vs Honda Amaze vs Hyundai Xcent-cpfsl9cueaqfjs2.jpg
hemant.kamat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2015, 12:22   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemant.kamat View Post
Yes they have updated this on their site also

Ford Aspire vs Tata Zest vs Maruti Dzire vs Honda Amaze vs Hyundai Xcent-xcent.png

This is what competition does
Hope they do the same for grand i 10.

Maruti please wake up.
Peterf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2015, 12:52   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemant.kamat View Post

Attachment 1418454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterf View Post
Yes they have updated this on their site also

Attachment 1418532

This is what competition does
Hope they do the same for grand i 10.
This was done over a month ago. Here is the link to related thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-standard.html
AkMar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2015, 13:13   #58
BHPian

I see many TATA brand enthusiasts getting miffed by the response to this poll, I do not see any reason why Zest should be rated low for a petrol or diesel variant only because of the ASS factor, but the current story is not working in favor of Tata Motors - http://www.financialexpress.com/arti...ck-bid/139323/

I have driven Chevrolet Beat petrol version while knowing this brand was taking a serious nosedive in the market and from a product perspective it never gave me major issues even the after sales service experience of positive overall but when It came to deciding on keeping the car for 2 more years after completing 5, The falling market value did impact my decision to get a fair price while going for a new purchase. There was no strong offering from Chevrolet after Beat which could have cushioned me against accelerated depreciation.

I don't even expect Ford to work magic to carve it's position up the charts with Aspire and new Figo launch and sales numbers for Figo Aspire may drop to 3K-2K monthly few months down the line, however at least I know it has the legacy of a the original Ford Figo and Ecosport behind it to back up it's image in current scenario, Tata somehow has not being able to find a solid ground with 1-2 such launches to instill that confidence with consumers in passenger car market.

I echo the sentiment of Tata car owners and wish them happy miles for their cars that give them the satisfaction of driving, comply to personal requirements and overall ownership which they should always be proud of.
KreativeGeek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2015, 13:31   #59
BHPian

Am a petrol guy considering my current levels of usage so my voting had that bias. But I guess preferences would remain the same if I had to choose a diesel:
1. Maruti Dzire: fuss-free ownership, tried and tested car, "Maruti hai"
2. Ford Aspire: excellent diesel engine according to the review, lackluster petrol engine pushes this into 2nd place

Not considered:
- Hyundai Xcent: Had a bad experience with the i10 in the past but currently the new Hyundai's seem to be doing well so if I had to choose a number 3, it would be the Hyundai
- Tata Zest: Burnt my fingers with an Indica in the past and still to recover from that shock
- Honda Amaze: Don't even want to sit in that car... my cousin's 7 year old City ZX seems to be much more "futuristic" than the current Amaze. Plus there is obvious cost-cutting across Honda products (I have the new City petrol) and mostly I won't be buying a new Honda as my next car
avdhesh15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2015, 16:32   #60
BHPian

I have owned Tata Manza for ~94k kms. While there has been associated pain occasionally like some switch not working, some plug failing etc. but overall I would pick Zest diesel if I were buying in the segment.

1. Best feature list, excellent ride comfort - being driven around, this is important
2. Tata cars are definitely not as flimsy as some of the Koreans and Japs (have owned two WagonR cars and drop is quality is quite astonishing actually)
3. I have faced no issues with in-warranty replacements or regular servicing or repairs. Of course, needs oversight by me or by my driver
4. Manza was ahead of its peers at the time and i had picked it up for safety features. Many things that it had when I picked out in 2010 are still counted as features or current cars are missing: (a) insulation inside bonnet and boot, (b) soft touch plastics, (c) perfect seat material and recline angle along with huge space, (d) soft folding grab handles...etc. Linea, Dzire, and Manza were the only diesel sedans offering dual airbags and ABS at the time. It was fairly easy choice among these three anyways.
5. Ownership costs are generally lower than others and parts are cheaper to obtain.

Considering the huge issues in City, rattles in Ciaz, i20's missing features, exorbitant pricing of Creta and S Cross etc. - and generally poor after sales experience across brands (except Toyota, Maruti and Hyundai), this does not seem the case of clear daylight between Indian manufacturers and most others. Buying a Honda and VW seems just as big a risk in terms of quality and service these days. Was actually looking for a change in some time but the 'tin can' quality of Ciaz and City puts me off.

Last edited by 5kmiles : 23rd September 2015 at 16:34.
5kmiles is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks