Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2007, 11:11   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandeepmonga View Post
I've checked Verna Xi model (Petrol) which has good interiors than Verna Diesel and the person I spoke to told me that the engine is VTVT which is being used in New Honda City (V-tech) top end model and the mileage of Petrol one is 14 in city and 17 on highway as given by NHC.
My dealer told me that the Verna petrol gives around 12 in the City and 14-15 in the highway. Moreover, my friend who owns Honda City ZX gets 11.5 in the City and for around 15 when he took it for a long trip. If you see, there was a post in this forum where the mileage of Verna during a long drive was given as approximately 12... So the figures of 14 and 17 given by your dealer looks a bit on the higher side.
Old 12th January 2007, 15:23   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
@micky to answer your original question. Here are some tips from my experience of buying cars in last 8 years

a) Always take quotes from all dealers in your city and pit them against each other. Say, that dealer promised to give blah blah, add a few items imaginarily . Do this with all of them till your satisfied that you got a long list of freebies added

b) Since Verna sales hasnt picked up that well, it is best to negotiate for following:-

Keyless Entry
Teflon Coat- 3 Coats ( 1 before delivery, 2 during 1st service)
Mats
Fog Lamps, if they are not already part of the package
Body Cover ( Even if its not original, doesnt matter, it will atleast protect the car)
Leather Steering cover, if its already not part of package

Thats what i can think of right away. Trust me, if you have some patience and really know how to pit these dealers against each other..you will get a hellvua lot of freebies

Goodluck and post you final deal here
Thanks everybody for the quick response.
Mobike, I am doing exactly as you said. but the problem is that there are only 2 dealers in cochin and both know what is the prices/offers offered by eachother.
Also the vehicle being new, not much is offered by the dealers.
I'm hurrying up as the car loan's are being hiked and before it gets out of my budget i want to buy the car.

Anyways..the dealer in different city has agreed to provide me the vehicle at 7.83L+car security+vehicle cover. I guess its a good deal n going to block the vehicle. Only drawback is that only silver & real earth colors are available. My preference was white or Kyra.

Regards,
ICEMAN
Old 12th January 2007, 18:34   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_micky View Post
Anyways..the dealer in different city has agreed to provide me the vehicle at 7.83L+car security+vehicle cover. I guess its a good deal n going to block the vehicle. Only drawback is that only silver & real earth colors are available. My preference was white or Kyra.
I tried Popular Hyundai and Hilton Hyundai in trivandrum, and they are offering more or less the same thing for 2006 model Verna VGT. Popular has offered 10K exchange bonus + security system, whereas Hilton offered 10K exchange bonus + additional 2 years warranty. I'm yet to take a decision. They told they dont have any offers for 2007 models. Which dealer quoted the vehicle cover in addition?
Old 13th January 2007, 05:10   #49
BANNED

I've also heard that Verna is having poor handling when compared to Fiesta. Is that true ? Those who've ridden both the cars, please comment.
Old 13th January 2007, 08:45   #50
BHPian

Quote:
I've also heard that Verna is having poor handling when compared to Fiesta. Is that true ? Those who've ridden both the cars, please comment.
Yes, you are correct! The Fiesta handles much better than the Verna. Like the Ikon, Fiesta is also more of a point and shoot machine. It has got better overall composer than the Verna.
Old 13th January 2007, 09:14   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
You shouldn't say Verna has poor handling. Yes when compared to Fiesta it is not so enthusiastic. But ride comfort of Verna is much better than Fiesta owing to the softer suspensions Verna has.

It actually depends on your requirements.
Old 13th January 2007, 10:46   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekkr_99 View Post
I tried Popular Hyundai and Hilton Hyundai in trivandrum, and they are offering more or less the same thing for 2006 model Verna VGT. Popular has offered 10K exchange bonus + security system, whereas Hilton offered 10K exchange bonus + additional 2 years warranty. I'm yet to take a decision. They told they dont have any offers for 2007 models. Which dealer quoted the vehicle cover in addition?
Better go with the dealer thats offering 2 year extended warranty. I asked about cost of extended warranty and my dealer told its around 9500 per year! So its a steal if you get around Rs. 29000 as discounts.!!
Old 13th January 2007, 11:52   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitbagai View Post
Better go with the dealer thats offering 2 year extended warranty. I asked about cost of extended warranty and my dealer told its around 9500 per year! So its a steal if you get around Rs. 29000 as discounts.!!
9500 per year??? My dealer told it comes to around 5000/- and so we can "talk" about that... it is still under negotiation.
Old 13th January 2007, 18:23   #54
BHPian

Quote:
9500 per year??? My dealer told it comes to around 5000/- and so we can "talk" about that... it is still under negotiation.
Guys,

I booked my Verna Crdi (real earth) today at MGF motors, cochin.

I got it for 7.81+car security+teflon. Thanks 2 SpeedZak, he helped me make the final decision between dealers.

vivekkr, KTC hyundai at Calicut was giving me vehicle cover + old price, but i opted taking the vehicle from a dealer closer to home.

MGF quoted 9500 for extended warranty. Is it wise to go for an extended warranty for 9500?? I will be driving very less, just occassionally over weekends a long drive.

Cheers,
ICEMAN
Old 13th January 2007, 18:48   #55
BHPian

I dont know for hyundai cars but the extended warranty has been helpful for me atleast in my Indica. in esteem I do not have extended warranty bcoz its a suzuki product.. i havent driven verna yet but ofcourse I found Fiesta very controlled when it comes to accessing sharp turns. It was a demo car but I found the steering to be heavier than my an year old Esteem Lxi, cant say why?
Old 13th January 2007, 20:19   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_micky View Post
Guys,

I booked my Verna Crdi (real earth) today at MGF motors, cochin.
Cheers,
ICEMAN
Congrats maan... Good selection. When are you taking delivery? Is it 2006 model itself?
I'll be traveling to trivandrum next monday, and hope to see the models at Hilton Hyundai (the guy told he has a 2006 model White) and Popular Hyundai.
Old 13th January 2007, 20:30   #57
BHPian

Good choice.. I think the Verna has the better diesel but the Fiesta petrol is better, and the overall dynamics of the Fiesta are slightly superior.
Old 13th January 2007, 20:31   #58
BHPian

mine is a 2006 model, am taking delivery on 22nd.
the tyre's had 0506 printed on, may b the vehicle was manufactured in the period june- aug'06.

go for white dude..it looks cool. I did not have much choice, only silver, real earth, kyra n black were available.

am really excited n can hardly wait for it to arrive.
Old 13th January 2007, 20:36   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEnd View Post
Good choice.. I think the Verna has the better diesel but the Fiesta petrol is better, and the overall dynamics of the Fiesta are slightly superior.
Yes Fiesta Petrol is better than Verna Petrol in performance and handling. But when you consider FE it is almost the same and ride comfort and interior space is better for Verna.

Actually the choice depends on your needs. For the VFM factor Verna outscores Fiesta...
Old 13th January 2007, 20:40   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Around 5000...let me guess.....they dont have the price list of Verna's extended warranty. They have quoted you the Accent CRDi's extended warranty price. Better bluff them and finalize the deal. Dont talk about price of extended warranty just finalize deal on the basis that they will give extended warranty for free.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks