Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2007, 15:17   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Adarsh, go for Verna. Carolla is outdated as of now. If you really want to go for Carolla then wait for the new one to arrive
Old 18th January 2007, 17:54   #77
BANNED

Agree with mobike008 Btw New corolla how much time it will to come out ?
Old 20th January 2007, 19:08   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hishamkabir View Post
i feel you should go in for the toyota corolla, toyota would still get a better resale and also its a toyota. it may not be a great car overall but, you fall in a different class,than the mid segment sedans, also you just run average of 600-700 kms per month so petrol make a lof of sense.
so its toyota. go ahead.
Hi, Toyota Corrolla was not in my options list because of these reasons :-
- It doesnt fit my budget (the on-road price will be around 9 lakhs which I am not in a position to spend now)
- It is a petrol car and mileage is around 10 km/litre. (My monthly running will be around 1.5 K upwards), so I thought diesel makes more sense, though it is only marginal. I plan to keep the car for at least 4-5 yrs and so the kms covered will make up for the extra investment for the diesel.
- The model is quite outdated (as per the discussions in this forum)

I know that Corrolla is a very good car and I've nothing against it, but somehow it doesnt match my requirements.
Old 20th January 2007, 19:10   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post
Vivek, when buying Michelin buy from an authorised dealer. In Cochin Global Tyres, is the authorised one. Their telephone number is 0484 - 2347024 and 0484 - 2347025. Insist on warranty and try to get the maximum discounts possible. Ask them if Michelin has authorised dealers in Trivandrum. Also I suggest you to do the wheel alignment and balancing at these centers rather than at the hyundai dealership. These people have the latest "Hunter" equipments which is perfect. Need to do it only very 8000 kms or when you feel the car is tilting to one direction. But proper alignment makes the tyres run longer.

All the best......
Thanks Adarsh for the contact information. I'm yet to contact them and get the relevant information. I'll go for the upgrade only if it is NOT too costly.
Old 20th January 2007, 20:15   #80
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekkr_99 View Post
Thanks Adarsh for the contact information. I'm yet to contact them and get the relevant information. I'll go for the upgrade only if it is NOT too costly.
Michelins are available at trivandrum too...

New bharat tyres,
By- pass road, chakka...

I got Michelin energy XM1s from there for 2.3k per tyre... (155/ 65 R13 for wagonR)
Old 20th January 2007, 22:45   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Michelins are available at trivandrum too...

New bharat tyres,
By- pass road, chakka...

I got Michelin energy XM1s from there for 2.3k per tyre... (155/ 65 R13 for wagonR)
New Bharat Tyres is in Cochin and Michelin is available there too. But Global Tyres has been named by Michelin as the authorised partners in Kerala. Also there has been some complaints against New Bharat Tyres in Cochin for overpricing.
Old 21st January 2007, 01:34   #82
BHPian

guyz plz help me out between fiesta tdci and hyundai verna

i love verna but my main concern is its mileage :(
Old 21st January 2007, 18:32   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose56 View Post
guyz plz help me out between fiesta tdci and hyundai verna

i love verna but my main concern is its mileage :(
Yes, the fiesta has a better mileage. But the difference is negligible. It may be just 1 km more than Verna. But when you consider the performance Fiesta is nowhere near the Verna.
Old 21st January 2007, 19:14   #84
BANNED

Quote:
New Bharat Tyres is in Cochin and Michelin is available there too. But Global Tyres has been named by Michelin as the authorised partners in Kerala. Also there has been some complaints against New Bharat Tyres in Cochin for overpricing.
New Bharat tyres can be avoided for all the bad reasons they're known for. Better buy tyres from Global or Westend Tyres.

Quote:
Yes, the fiesta has a better mileage. But the difference is negligible. It may be just 1 km more than Verna. But when you consider the performance Fiesta is nowhere near the Verna.
Didn't you see that the Verna beat Fiesta in the latest FE run??? Click here.
Ofcourse, it has to be taken with a bit of salt!!
Old 22nd January 2007, 13:33   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
New Bharat tyres can be avoided for all the bad reasons they're known for. Better buy tyres from Global or Westend Tyres.

Didn't you see that the Verna beat Fiesta in the latest FE run??? Click here.
Ofcourse, it has to be taken with a bit of salt!!
New Bharat Tyres were good when they started. But after getting enough profit they're now into exploiting people. The rate difference I got from Global Tyres for Michelin (including everything) was around 2500 rupees less.

Well those FE figures were in standard driving conditions and not real world driving. In real world driving Fiesta has the better FE but the difference is not really much to count on. For that very less mileage difference in Verna you get some mind blowing performance.
Old 22nd January 2007, 13:39   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
New Bharat Tyres were good when they started. But after getting enough profit they're now into exploiting people.
Correction - they were NEVER good.

Quote:
The rate difference I got from Global Tyres for Michelin (including everything) was around 2500 rupees less.
That is because Global sells to New Bharat. Who's going to pay for the fancy showroom that New Bharat has - YOU!
Old 22nd January 2007, 17:22   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Are you sure corolla will get a better resale now especially after the price cuts and the launch of Civic? Also new corolla is on the way.
When did Toyota cut prices on the Corolla? They only launched a base version as far as I know.
Old 22nd January 2007, 23:13   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
When did Toyota cut prices on the Corolla? They only launched a base version as far as I know.
Refer magazines or visit the nearest toyota dealership. They launched the low priced corolla plus price cuts on the other models also.

Despite these price cuts there are hardly any corollas moving out of the showrooms now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks