Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2006, 22:33   #16
Senior - BHPian

if it is as neat as you have said, with 80 k on the odo, i wouldn't give more than 2.10 or 2.20 lakhs at the most, if i really have to buy it. 80ks is a lot , try to find a car with less than 60k, if you can. cheers

Last edited by esteem_lover : 6th October 2006 at 22:47.
Old 7th October 2006, 00:09   #17
BHPian

if I were you, I would buy a new hatch rather than an old sedan by putting in 3L.
Old 7th October 2006, 02:58   #18
elf
BANNED

What the others are advising is correct. 80k km seems a lot of mileage to be buying a car at. Also, 2.8lakhs seems like a bit much for an Accent of that vintage.

Still suggest you go with the OHC, an Esteem or a Baleno.
Balenos are very well built, & for 2.75 lakhs, you should be able to get an early model with around 50k on the clock.
Old 7th October 2006, 09:56   #19
BHPian

ya ELF,i agree with all the guys,but i am unable to find a Baleno.but a true value guy quoted 3.6L for a 2000 baleno wit LPG.i am really confused man.i really want a car man. and just now i saw a clasiified in newspaper of a 2002 accent with 62k odo.so had to find out how much he is quoting.
Old 7th October 2006, 12:38   #20
elf
BANNED

If you like, you can speak to Anil Hemdev (+91 98200 63837) at JMD Motors here in Bombay. They are used & new car dealers.
I just spoke to him about the deal you mentioned & he was shocked, as a 2005 Maharashtra registered Baleno is available for 4.5 lakhs.

Call him if you want - it may be worth your while to pick up the car from Bombay. I've bought up 3 cars from him, & their service & transparency were exemplary.

Stay away from high-mileage multiple owner cars. Most often, they really end up being trouble.
Old 7th October 2006, 12:49   #21
Senior - BHPian

Market dynamics are probably different in Hyderabad, right? If you don't mind the hassle, pick up a car from Mumbai. The cars here go for very good prices here, and if you look around you get a fairly good car.

I don't know how good these True Value cars are, during my recent search I was quoted galactical prices , for not so out of the world cars. Their warranty is also dicey, when you question them further it's engine and gearbox only. And I'm sure there are a 1000 terms to that too. One True Value outlet particularly tried to hardsell a 2002 Esteem to me for 2.9L, high mileage around 50k +, and had black paint over rusted areas in the engine bay, which he tried to pass off as some anti-trust treatment. Funnily enough it popped out with fingernails.
Old 7th October 2006, 22:09   #22
Senior - BHPian

i would not suggest such a move (Buying in MH & transferring to AP). this involves a lot of effort, time, money & hassles. better to look for a good car in hyd & drive peacefully. i am sure there will be some decent dealers. but i would advise you to contact the owners directly & buy from them.
Old 7th October 2006, 22:37   #23
Senior - BHPian

Guys this is very good thread going on.
elf that lancer is awesum and looks brand new .Good pick man .
@sankeerth best of luck for ur find. Do post here once you get it .

Thanks
Old 8th October 2006, 00:10   #24
Senior - BHPian

@sankeerth have you considered the tata indigo as well at least the petrol version,since diesel vehicles are sold at a premium in hyderabad.
Old 8th October 2006, 01:47   #25
elf
BANNED

Off Topic, but thanks, black12rr. I work hard to keep it looking good.
I'd appreciate your comment at the BHP Garage if you like.

@sankeerthreddy: I don't know about the transfer hassles, if any, for moving a car between states. I thought it was pretty easy. I can ask Anil for a contact in Hyderabad if he has one. Let me know if required.

Last edited by elf : 8th October 2006 at 01:50.
Old 8th October 2006, 08:43   #26
BHPian

yes elf it can be of a gr8 help.and tnx very much for ur effort.
Old 8th October 2006, 10:12   #27
Senior - BHPian

the thing is if he buys's an mh vehicle, the price diff get's negated by the time he get's it to hyd as he has to pay the life tax+entry tax+transport charges.
Old 8th October 2006, 12:03   #28
elf
BANNED

@sankeerthreddy: I still think you should call Anil &/or another dealer in Bombay & find out what it would cost, including tax, etc. to purchase & transfer a vehicle to Hyderabad.

It may help to get some close figures & then you can figure out if it's worth your while. [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
Old 10th October 2006, 14:59   #29
BHPian

Hi Sankeerth,

Recently one of my friend has got his car transferred from Delhi to Bangalore thru some transporter. They literally screwed his car.
1. The back bumper was damaged in transit
2. The truck driver and cleaner were sleeping in his car smoking beedis inside with AC on. Entire interior was having that stupid smell of beedis and upholstry was dirty.

So if you go for the car from mumbai better take a driver alongwith you and drive it into hyderabad.
Old 12th October 2006, 07:44   #30
BHPian

thanks vijaypal,for tht gr piece of info.
today i am going to visit automart guys as when i called them yesterday they told tht they have many on display.so i will check them today.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks