Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2006, 07:00   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
well, my car is almost 8 years old & i am yet to hear any creaks, except from fellow motorists as they gape at the speed in which i can manage to overtake them. Here's my equation.

Tight Budget + Need terrific car + FE + Fast + Driving pleasure = Maruti Esteem VXI. there is nothing to beat that combination. so there.

but if you can extend that tight budget a bit, get the baleno LXi. your brother wont regret it
yeah its true. but a change of hinges will solve the issue. 1500 bucks and no sounds from the door.
Old 25th November 2006, 17:13   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick3136 View Post
yeah its true. but a change of hinges will solve the issue. 1500 bucks and no sounds from the door.
Maverick, probably you didnt read clearly, he mentioned " no creaks" till date
Old 29th November 2006, 17:18   #33
Senior - BHPian

How abt a Fiat Petra... Its available for 4.99 Ex-Showroom Delhi Fully Loaded in and out and an absolute steal at this price. Its got everything that good in both the esteem and baleno and more.
Do give it a test ride.
My 2 cents.
Old 29th November 2006, 17:57   #34

Esteem Vxi - To buy or not to buy

Well if you ask me, the Esteem is outdated in its shape and no where in the international market as compared to the Swift which has been the car of the year internationally. One of the best and toughest cars from the Maruti stable.
If one goes for personal choice yes the Esteem is a three box car. I find it better looks wise and given a personal choice would take on the Esteem as a personal preference. LPG ofcourse never recommended by me as I do not believe in carrying a bomb in my boot!
Old 7th December 2006, 03:40   #35
Senior - BHPian

An Esteem is graceful anyday and pride to own (of course I own a VXi ) And by the way lets not be penny wise and pound foolish by carrying an LPG cylinder in the boot !!
Old 7th December 2006, 12:55   #36
Senior - BHPian

Johy: Did your brother ended up with Esteem or Baleno? Used one or new one?

GOT ENOUGH INPUTS FROM THIS THREAD.

One of my friend too wanted to go in for Esteem VXI. I suggested him to take a 1 yr old car with low mileage. He is against the second hand car.

Esteem Vxi work out to Rs.5.10 L OTR (Still waiting for price approval).

I checked Baleno LXI and was quoted Rs.5.63. Difference of around 53k. I had forwarded this quote to my friend to give him another product from Maruti for comparison.

Noted down that Baleno will be slightly on the higher end on the maintenance front in comparison to Esteem.

Wanted to check out whats the diff between Esteem & Baleno on FE front

If both offers equal FE, its going to tough time for him to take the decision. If Esteem fares better (whatever the percentage may be), he is going to opt for Esteem VXI.
Old 7th December 2006, 13:46   #37
Senior - BHPian

surprise, are there still Baleno LXis available at dealers ? From what I read here, it looked like they do not have any.

Regarding FE, I was told by the service guy that the Baleno is a wee bit more FE than Esteem due to some engine characteristic. Not sure whether he is correct or not.

Esteem is like 50kgs lighter than Baleno and sports a lesser displacement engine. I would think that these would result in Esteem being better FE. Maybe esteem owners could provide inputs on the FE. I get 12 and 16kmpl in city and highway respectively (both figures are with a/c on always).
Old 7th December 2006, 13:48   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post

Go ahead - if you can live with the looks, difficult ingress/egress, flimsy build quality and nervous chassis.
I agree with mag esteem is the best and the worst kind of car you can own at that price i had it for 5 years during 10 years back i bought it
it was very reliable fuel effiecent spares were easily availble cheap to run and maintain one day i had a collision with amby and i came out scracth less and they amby guy had a small injury on his head (his fault was jumping red light ) and i was so astonishied when the cars collied i thought esteem and i would be ruined by the very old and heavy ambassdor but it happened the other way my disbelief till today .but esteem has more of its share of problem after a few years the power windows start to Jam and you have to pull up windows with your hand pretty embarassing when you have cute chick on a date the the supension is very weak you feel like a carpet ride but the carpet which is flying in a strom at high speeds the car is very light so it ought to be not to stable at high speeds when i bought lancer it was not possible for me to drive esteem it felt like avery unstable at 80 Kmph after driving a lancer so i had to sell it off i think you should wait for new cars from maruti after all esteem ir call it 1000 its 19 year old concept
Old 7th December 2006, 14:02   #39
BWN
BHPian

Hmm.... nice discussion.Even I was looking out for an year old esteem vxi or baleno lxi.It seems Esteem vxi is more VFM for city usage due to marginally higher FE and lower maintanace. From a drivers point of view, both fare almost equally on performance though baleno might be better when it comes to low end troque.Apart from cramped rear seat, esteem makes sense.
Old 7th December 2006, 14:32   #40
Senior - BHPian

The esteem is also a lot easier to drive in the city traffic. @SB i dont think esteem can better the FE on your baleno. are you sure ? how do you check that ?
Old 7th December 2006, 14:39   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Johy: Did your brother ended up with Esteem or Baleno? Used one or new one?
- Purchase was deferred for this month, but may go into next year. Frankly, my brother got confused after seeing all the cars, he just decided to wait. As of now, he feels the Esteem, VFM and all, is dated and looks dated - but it is definitely easy to drive especially in the crowded parts of town. Will keep everyone updated when the new car comes in. The Baleno for that matter is dated as well - so he says play the waiting game.

johy
Old 7th December 2006, 15:09   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
surprise, are there still Baleno LXis available at dealers ?
As on 29th Nov 06, two pieces were available with a dealer. When I checked this morning, was told one was sold and other being blocked (sales tactics ). Inspite of it they were discussing on the pricing & it shows what I had mentioned earier.

Also the sales man told me they were having 2 VXI's for sale
Old 7th December 2006, 15:29   #43
Senior - BHPian

Guess it is called artificial demand
Old 7th December 2006, 16:42   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover
@SB i dont think esteem can better the FE on your baleno. are you sure ? how do you check that ?
e_l, my friend's Esteem returns FE close to that of my car. So, I guess the FE for both is more or less the same. How much does your car return ? I have arrived at this FE figure after doing many checks using the tankfill-to-tankfill method.
Old 7th December 2006, 17:47   #45
Senior - BHPian

Currently i get 8kmpl in city, the best i have got is 10kmpl in the city. i get 13 kmpl in the highways now & the best i got was 15kmpl.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks