Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2007, 11:31   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Looks like u have ruled out the Optra, which in my opinion is a good car with executive looks, and quite a decent performer too. i am sure your dad would love it too.
. Optra 1.6 was always in my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Go for Optra if petrol or Verna if diesel
If you are ok with gas check out optra with gas options []
I think Optra 'gas' is a CNG, we dont have CNG outlets in Hyderabad. :(

The petrol should have a price advantage of 1.5 lakhs over the deisel to match the fuel bills advantage of a deisel car. (we will own the vehicle for around 60,000km to 70,000 km)
Hence for a deisel car, the budget can be 8.5 lakhs and for a petrol car its 7 lakhs. Had there been few outlets for CNG here in Hyderabad, we could think about the Optra CNG and a budget of 8.5 lakhs to CNG car as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revharder View Post
NHC is a good capable car. it is indeed a very good family car. try test driving with your family and then decide.
NHC ruled out by my dad even for a test drive. He says, he doesnt want to be seen around in a big 'rodent' like car.

Quote:
Among both aveos, it is better to go for 1.4LS, as 1.6 is not as good as it should be.
Can you be more specific whether there are any problems for Aveo 1.6 when compared to Aveo 1.4. On the Fuel Economy front, i think the difference is around 1 or 2 km. Apart from this, anyother drawbacks??, please let me know. The price comparision between 1.4 and 1.6 has been given in my previous post.
I just want to know about the A.$.$ of Chevy and their attitude towards their customer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revharder View Post
new baleno is due very soon.
verna is not comfy/luxurious/goodlooking enough for family.
hope it didnot confused you anymore.
We dont mind if the baleno spares will be available for another 5 or 6 years.
I too felt the verna is not comfortable as the indica in the driver seat regarding the space, but would like to decide that after a proper test drive.
I am no more confused, because I am now pretty clear about my requirements.
Old 20th February 2007, 09:34   #47
Senior - BHPian

NewHondacity/Verna CRDI.

Petrol: car better go for NHC which server you better for 5y...and also have a good resale value..Good classy car with all the features u r looking for.

Diesel: better choice was Accent CRDI..now its getting pahsedout...
hope u can go for VERNA crdi...which has latest upgraded engine...

Ford fiesta is good looking but very expensive for maintainance...can't rely on it to sever for 5y...when spares are concern...similar to IKON..as ford vehicle phase out very fast...when compared to Hyundai.

Remember u r spending 8 lacs and it should be worth of it.
Old 20th February 2007, 18:27   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
Can you be more specific whether there are any problems for Aveo 1.6 when compared to Aveo 1.4. On the Fuel Economy front, i think the difference is around 1 or 2 km. Apart from this, anyother drawbacks??, please let me know. The price comparision between 1.4 and 1.6 has been given in my previous post.
I just want to know about the A.$.$ of Chevy and their attitude towards their customer.
Hi,
I own a Aveo 1.6. You are correct on the FE part. The difference is not more than 2kmpl. I currently get something like 10.5-11 after pretty hard driving most of the times. And as far as A.$.$ is concerned, I believe GM has been particularly good on this front (I was surprised, considering all the stories I read on its peer Ford's A.$.$). Very satisfactory and responsive (here in Kolkata).
Old 20th February 2007, 21:33   #49
Senior - BHPian

To summarize....for your specific requirements, the Optra 1.6 looks ideal. Spacious, comfortable family car, decent A.S.S and the design is sure to age gracefully, given that you are going to keep it for 5-6 years.
Old 4th March 2007, 12:05   #50
Senior - BHPian

hi guys,
after reading all the posts, we have zeroed on to verna crdi with optional ABS(heard the package also includes rear disk brakes) and upgrade with a new set of alloys and tyres and a nice ICE (ofcourse).
thank you guys for the suggestions.

due to some other commitments, we had to postpone the idea of purchasing a new car for some time. mods, i request to please lock this thread for some time, till i ask to open it.

thank you.
Old 12th July 2007, 18:43   #51

Elantra Skidding

Hi Guys,
I am new to this forum. I thought that my elantra is the safest vehicle. But last week I met an acceident that My Elantra Skidded at 60 KM/Hour and fell in a ditch in opposite direction.

No Injuries happened to me. But I was shocked that how can an Elantra Which has ABS can Skid. So I searched the net and came to this forum and some of our friends also had this experience.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks