Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2007, 19:31   #16
Team-BHP Support

Thanks GTO.

Point 1: i need to work on an excel, coz there are some complicated calculations that are coming in my way lol.

tax saving (i get tax cut of emi and insurance amount which will be exempted from my Taxable income), residual cost, price am getting from iKON and savings from shifting to thicker fuel

Point 2 In agreement

Point 3 am not very sure about Petrol Swift after driving it for some time in city and highway, engine, i will prefer Point 2 over this or would go for a new Baleno , FYI huge discounts on Baleno and Petrol Swift in Bangalore

iKON quote is 2 lakh and i will be going for loan of 3 lakhs only
Old 26th February 2007, 13:12   #17
BHPian

Hey Jaggu.. welcome to the "wanna sell my ageing ikon but cant" club
Although i think its right time for you to sell your ikon, ifeel buying to a swift vdi wont be an economical option on the long run..you would need another 6 years to break even on the premium spent with the the milage you run every year as compared to a petrol swift and i bet you wouldnt want to keep a diesel swift for more than 5 years? Unfortunately there are no good cars in this segment which could thrill me as my ikon did over the past 5 odd years..may be Baleno would but shes already old and left over stock might not fetch a good resale. As GTO said, get a swift petrol for city use and keep the ikon for the highways.. for the money i get if i sell i my ikon i dont feel like selling it atall i wish i could keep my ikon for ever. May be get more horses in her..Difficult choice to make.. As of me, iam waiting for new arrivals in the middle and upper middle class as the present ones dont excite me.. me waiting for the fleet from fiat when ever that happens..
Old 26th February 2007, 16:26   #18
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Unfortunately there are no good cars in this segment which could thrill me as my ikon did over the past 5 odd years..may be Baleno would but shes already old and left over stock might not fetch a good resale.
A related topic you might want to see : Thread Linky
Old 26th February 2007, 21:17   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazikon View Post
Hey Jaggu.. welcome to the "wanna sell my ageing ikon but cant" club
ahhh..didnt know we all think the same...so if your going in for a loan of 3 lakhs then do get a 3lakh car..how about an alto/indica...
Old 26th February 2007, 22:06   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
I am not too sure if a 1.6 Ikon owner will ever trade his Ikon for a Baleno.
I know two people have done this and not liking it.

Jaggu, I really don't understand why you want to go for a new car? We've discussed this to death!! There are so much to do on your IKON...C'mon, wake up man!!
Old 27th February 2007, 07:42   #21
Senior - BHPian

I would suggest that you spend that 30K on your car for some nice set of tires and rims.. dont sell it...

Godfather
Old 27th February 2007, 10:31   #22
Team-BHP Support

@Jaggu : As many others have been saying, selling the Ikon is definitely not a worthwhile proposition. Mod it, go in for newer looks enhancements (botox), do whatever. Since your car hasnt been bogging u down with problems, no need to sell it. Ofcourse, u cant enjoy the goodies modern cars come with, but nonetheless, not all of them are driver-oriented machines.
Old 27th February 2007, 10:45   #23
Team-BHP Support

Omg!! Omg!!!

alrite alrite am reading all this... FYI

Old 2nd March 2007, 13:00   #24
Team-BHP Support

was sleeping on this for couple of days and somehow head was working for a new buy, keeping iKON is not making sense, tried an alto with iKON and the very utterance of "track car" gets glares and loud replies from all he he..

so what have i decided, for the time being letting iKON goes, planning to sell her off in kerala since her origins are there, have got offers from 1.75 to 1.85 so far from dealers and a friend who was planning to buy for his mother offered 2 lakh

but after discussing with him i myself suggested that his Palio 1.2 is better suited for her than my iKON 1.6 for a senior lady with approx 100 km a week of self drive

so guys its gonna be Vdi planning to make booking in a day or two and trying to see if i can expedite the delivery and financing, meanwhile will take iKON to kerala in a week or two for sale.

White Vdi it is for now..............

finance experts who know of deals in bangalore do PM me...
Old 2nd March 2007, 13:04   #25
Senior - BHPian

Hey Jaggu, that's sad news; it will take you a while to get over the absence of your Josh machine. Its been almost two months since the day I sold my Ikon 1.6 and I still feel nostalgic & a lump in my throat at times when I think back to the fun I've had & the places I've been to. She NEVER let me down.

Well, good luck, hope you get someone who'll take good care of her & congratulations on the new car though it would not be anywhere in the class of your present baby
Old 2nd March 2007, 13:17   #26
Team-BHP Support

i know and damn posting classifieds itself gave me the lump in throat feeling
Old 2nd March 2007, 13:22   #27
Team-BHP Support

Yet another demise....
Since u have ur mind all made up now, guess no point in asking you to reconsider. gud luck with the VDi you are considering... and let us know how it feels.

Cheers..!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks