Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2007, 11:13   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Sumanth, since your running is not that much, I would suggest you to go with your heart, go for the Aveo. It indeed is VFM and it cannot get any cheaper than this.

It is quite a nice car, i personally like it a lot except for its notchy gearbox, everything else is quite fine.
Old 16th March 2007, 11:27   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
If your business range is between 1000~2500 rpm, then its I-DSI for you. If its more than ~3000 rpm, its VTEC for you.
Spot on!! This is a key factor - thanks!
Where would the CVT range be?
I felt it was too lasy on my recent test drive but otherwise its a beauty!
Old 16th March 2007, 11:28   #18
BHPian

Hi Sumanta,

I have gone thru the routine of selecting a car in this range (upto 7 - 7.5 L bracket) for good two months . After rigorous reasearch in terms of visit to the car dealerships,many test drives,talking to the owners of the shorlisted vehicles & frequent time spent on tbhp threads on the topic I have come to the conclusion that if you are going to use your car for city driving & the out of city/high way driving will be once in while /wants great mileage/class topping interiors & cabin space/great resale value/smooth drive & ride with noiseless cabin than you don't have to look further than the NHC..I must admit that Aveo a

I have taken the delivery of my NHC (exi/galaxy gray) on 15th march & I must say that I am pretty happy with my decision & started to enjoy myself. I have been driving a Corsa so far and my wife also commented on the sheer space,well appointed interiors & smooth,noiseless ride in the NHC.
Old 16th March 2007, 11:41   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashu2025 View Post
Kerb weight of Aveo is 55 kgs more then City. More the weight, lesser the mileage..
Wonder if that is a advantage over Honda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashu2025 View Post
also that one has to shell out 1 lakh more for this xtra 2kms. City is an overall nice deal but surely overpriced and overhyped.
It just not mileage but the overall quality. I used OHC for four years (done 70K miles) and believe me, I never had any problems .. anytime anywhere start..go..fill gas..zoom.. Thats it. Not sure about others ( ofcourse Santro is an exception. really good Korian car)
Old 16th March 2007, 11:51   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Kerb weight of Aveo is 55 kgs more then City. More the weight, lesser the mileage..
Who ever said that?? The Aveo is more fuel efficient then the Honda and thats what i have judged after asking the FE from every Aveo and City owners.
Old 16th March 2007, 12:14   #21
BHPian

[quote=AshOnTheRocks;392614]Hi Sumanta,

I have gone thru the routine of selecting a car in this range (upto 7 - 7.5 L bracket) for good two months . After rigorous reasearch in terms of visit to the car dealerships,many test drives,talking to the owners of the shorlisted vehicles & frequent time spent on tbhp threads on the topic I have come to the conclusion that if you are going to use your car for city driving & the out of city/high way driving will be once in while /wants great mileage/class topping interiors & cabin space/great resale value/smooth drive & ride with noiseless cabin than you don't have to look further than the NHC..

I must admit that Aveo was not on my scheme of things while shortlisting a car..(would not like to give any reasons though...it might hurt somebody's sensibilities) I considered Fiesta 1.6 petrol & 1.4 TDCi & Verna VGT & NHC exi/gxi for my car purchase. WOuld have loved to own a Verna VGT but as my driving is going to be city centric, home-office-home routine for me & my wife..NHC seems to be a good buy..
Old 16th March 2007, 13:12   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanapli View Post
Wonder if that is a advantage over Honda.
Thats surely not an advantage ,but a probable reason of Aveo's low mileage ofcourse Engine matters the most in that case. City's engine scores over Aveo's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanapli View Post
It just not mileage but the overall quality. I used OHC for four years (done 70K miles) and believe me, I never had any problems .. anytime anywhere start..go..fill gas..zoom.. Thats it. Not sure about others ( ofcourse Santro is an exception. really good Korian car)
I totally agree, OHC was a great car. I too had it and loved it. But if you didnt have any problem owning a honda for 4 yrs doesnt justify that Aveo is not a start..go..fill gas..zoom car and Aveo owners wont be any happy after 4 yrs.

Anyways, Cars should be bought on merits/demerits, features, prices, running costs, spare parts cost, after sales service, dealer networks, buyer's budget, resale value and the VFM factors. Not for being any Honda or a korean/american/japanese make.

cheers...!
Old 16th March 2007, 13:42   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Who ever said that?? The Aveo is more fuel efficient then the Honda and thats what i have judged after asking the FE from every Aveo and City owners.
My collegue has Aveo 1.4 and he consistently gets 10~11 Kmpl in city and 13~14 Kmpl on highways. My NHC I-DSI gives me 13~14 in City and 17~18 on highways.
Old 16th March 2007, 23:08   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
NHC being underpowered is subjective.
Agreed, but then remember I drive an OHC VTEC! So a little bias should be expected!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks