Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Should I buy a Pre Owned Maruti Ciaz 1.3 Diesel?
Yes, it will be a flawless ASS experience since 1.3 diesel was like the national engine 189 71.86%
No, it will turn out to be a negative experience in the long run 39 14.83%
Can't say for sure 35 13.31%
Voters: 263. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2020, 11:04   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Should I buy a used Maruti Ciaz 1.3L diesel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Hi everyone. We were looking to replace my dad's 2013 Diesel Amaze. I came across some pretty good deals on a Used Maruti Ciaz 1.3 Diesel. It is a March 2019 model with just 13000 KM on the Odo. The owner is quoting 10 Lakh, which is negotiable and I think could nudge down to 8.5 Lakh.
Go ahead without a doubt as long as you have verified the service history of the car & there are no nasty repairs etc in it.
Do verify why its being sold at such an early age. And you think the owner will come from 10L to 8.5L? Thats quite a big drop even for a "negotiable" price tag IMO. Great if you can achieve it of course.

The car is good. Offers space like hardly any other. Bang for the buck is undoubted & really - if there is a car where you should worry 0 about spares & support for another decade - its a Maruti car with a 1.3MJD engine. Good luck.
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th June 2020, 11:49   #17
BHPian

I'm doubtful if you'd be able to get it to 8.5L. But a year old Alpha for 10L is a good deal by itself, if there are no issues. Do get it checked at a MASS to check for any issues and service history. If you can get it for 9.5L, then great.

There are not going to be any issues with service or spares and that one huge advantage of Maruti. Good Luck.
Old 18th June 2020, 02:30   #18
Senior - BHPian

Update- Managed to purchase an all black, pre owned Ford Ecosport S TDCI! Brought it home at 9.65 L (Quoted price was 10 L). Also managed to resell the Amaze at the same dealership (with a decent price). All on the same date.

It's a July 2018 model, with 12.5K on the Odo. Completely pristine condition, no touch ups required even on the exteriors!

Thanks everyone on their opinions about Ciaz. Great car indeed, but Ecosport pulled more heartstrings!
Attached Thumbnails
Should I buy a used Maruti Ciaz 1.3L diesel?-whatsapp-image-20200617-6.21.37-pm.jpg  

07CR is offline   (36) Thanks
Old 18th June 2020, 08:55   #19
BANNED

Quote:
Update- Managed to purchase an all black, pre owned Ford Ecosport S TDCI!
Many congratulations and I must say it is a brilliant choice! The all black version is icing on cake. The only downside to this is that when it comes to upgrading from the Ecosport sometime in the future, you will have a tough time
Kishen.padiyar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st June 2020, 11:10   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Update- Managed to purchase an all black, pre owned Ford Ecosport S TDCI! Brought it home at 9.65 L!
Congratulations 07CR. Definitely a better choice over Ciaz considering the amount of money you were planning to shell out on a used Ciaz. This car will be superior to Ciaz in all the aspects except the rear seat comfort and fuel efficiency ( Slightly maybe! ). And the enthusiast inside you will be happy too.
kamilharis is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st June 2020, 13:03   #21
BHPian

Quote:

Congrats - your Black Beauty is a stunner! I'm sure it'll provide your family with many positive driving experiences. All the best!
JojyKerala is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st June 2020, 13:03   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Good buy 07CR! Ford’s TDCi is a much better motor in comparison to the DDiS. Ofcourse you also have the merits of ford’s handling too.
However, you might probably have to compromise on the interior space though, as Ecosport being a compact SUV, is slightly cramped as compared to the Ciaz.
But a 2 year old model with barely 12.5k on odo is .

Last edited by ashvek3141 : 21st June 2020 at 13:04.
ashvek3141 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st June 2020, 13:24   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Good buy 07CR! Ford’s TDCi is a much better motor in comparison to the DDiS. Ofcourse you also have the merits of ford’s handling too.
However, you might probably have to compromise on the interior space though, as Ecosport being a compact SUV, is slightly cramped as compared to the Ciaz.
But a 2 year old model with barely 12.5k on odo is .
Quote:
Originally Posted by JojyKerala View Post
Congrats - your Black Beauty is a stunner! I'm sure it'll provide your family with many positive driving experiences. All the best!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamilharis View Post
Congratulations 07CR. Definitely a better choice over Ciaz considering the amount of money you were planning to shell out on a used Ciaz. This car will be superior to Ciaz in all the aspects except the rear seat comfort and fuel efficiency ( Slightly maybe! ). And the enthusiast inside you will be happy too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishen.padiyar View Post
Many congratulations and I must say it is a brilliant choice! The all black version is icing on cake. The only downside to this is that when it comes to upgrading from the Ecosport sometime in the future, you will have a tough time
Thanks everyone for the kind wishes.

Even the only flaw(rear space) is acceptable for me as majority of the times the car would have 3 passengers. Even when my sister comes around, due to my mom and sister with relatively smaller build, seating 5 isn't a huge issue.
That said, the Amaze was better in this regard.
07CR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2020, 13:50   #24
Senior - BHPian

With that kindly of money you can buy a Lower or mid variant of the Ciaz and then spruce it up at a later date with better seat covers/alloys etc. Lower variants are a great excuse to buy fancy alloys etc which can be had later when funds are available along with the peace and mind of a brand new car. (Accident history /ODO tampering these are things you will avoid with a new car). Anyways congrats on the Ford.

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 21st June 2020 at 13:55.
Old 21st June 2020, 14:17   #25
BHPian

I would suggest you to go for it, hands down. One of my close friend owns a Ciaz Vdi+ 2014, run about 80k kilometers and has been in plenty of minor and a few big shunts but it still drives like a dream.
The suspension is a little hard but soaks up and and all potholes, trust me, Delhi is scattered with them.
At times I prefer his Ciaz over my City (2013) solely due to the fact that the latter can’t zoom across potholes like the Ciaz.
The fuel efficiency hovers around 18-20kmpl in harsh Delhi conditions and spares are cheap.
Old 21st June 2020, 17:32   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations 07CR! The Ford Ecosport in all black looks terrific . I guess in the end your choice prevailed, LOL. I would suggest, you consider a full detailing session, it would bring out the best in black.
stormy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2020, 18:42   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy View Post
Congratulations 07CR! The Ford Ecosport in all black looks terrific . I guess in the end your choice prevailed, LOL. I would suggest, you consider a full detailing session, it would bring out the best in black.
Thank you for the wishes! Even my dad thought Ecosport made a lot more sense for us, considering his back ache, and the super easy ingress/egress for Ecosport.

Indeed, I want to go for a complete detailing session either at 3M or Aquatint. I am just a bit apprehensive of leaving the house, because of the current pandemic situation. Other factor is the rains. Once the season changes, I will be getting a thorough detailing session.
07CR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st June 2020, 23:18   #28

A great number of people own MS Diesel cars and with the same engines so spare parts availability won’t be an issue. Talking about other parts, the petrol ciaz is still on sale with the same design and everything.
Old 22nd June 2020, 13:00   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Heartiest congratulations 07CR! Top-trim Ecosport with such a low running is a terrific deal.

On the different note, could you please share the dealer details you got this from? We too just sold my father's 17 years old Santro and are looking for a reliable used car as a replacement. Having a known contact will definitely be useful.

TIA
RishikeshK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 15:19   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Update- Managed to purchase an all black, pre owned Ford Ecosport S TDCI! Brought it home at 9.65 L (Quoted price was 10 L). Also managed to resell the Amaze at the same dealership (with a decent price). All on the same date.

It's a July 2018 model, with 12.5K on the Odo. Completely pristine condition, no touch ups required even on the exteriors!

Thanks everyone on their opinions about Ciaz. Great car indeed, but Ecosport pulled more heartstrings!
Congratulations ! 9.65L is a great price for a car that was around 14L on road in July 2018. Any idea why the previous owner sold the car so early ?

An all black S variant really looks wicked. July 2018 means it will have those sexy 17' wheels too. Do be careful on bad roads !
Wishing you a great ownership with the Ecosport
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks