Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2007, 17:18   #16
BHPian

Hey csentil i could not also believe that my driving gave that much of average with 17 inchs also cause my zen used to give me 7kmpl LOL
on my driving actually you know i have to take care of rims on pot holes that is why my driving went to simple driving.....but no i dont drive on manual and there are stuff to engine for performance but there is nothing for fuel economy hey you can check my profile but soon i am going to post pics also ........

Last edited by Aditya : 10th May 2007 at 21:02.
Old 10th May 2007, 17:55   #17
Senior - BHPian

cool. checked out your profile. Needs some serious moolah to get all those done.

If you change all these, especially the performance stuff, doesn't your warranty go void?

Some pics plz.
Old 10th May 2007, 19:08   #18
BHPian

No sir the performance parts will not void the warranty

What is moolah actually and yes i have put up the pics.....
Old 10th May 2007, 19:17   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIP View Post
No sir the performance parts will not void the warranty

What is moolah actually and yes i have put up the pics.....
Moolah is money !! :-) cool. I'll check out the pictures.
Old 12th May 2007, 13:30   #20

New here. But following stuff as a guest for like 2 years now. Booked the red cedia sports last week. lathangi bangalore. delivery on Tuesday (15th May) . Test drove the civic also. and a friend's corolla. Liked the civic. a lot, every which way except maybe the blunt nose. corolla drove very well, but found the looks exceptionally dated. If i have to mention THAT one reason for the Cedia - better looking that anything out there, atleast the red sports, and of course, in my opinion.
Old 12th May 2007, 15:23   #21
BHPian

Chip how much did 17 inc rims cost u and wat tyres have u put..........coz me just brought AT civic white.....thanx.
Old 12th May 2007, 16:47   #22
BHPian

hey jetu4444

rims costed me approx Rs 29000 17 inches and the tyres are eagle F1 superb tyre they are worth buy but very expensive though tires costed around Rs 7500 per piece........
Old 12th May 2007, 17:01   #23
BHPian

yup i agree i have f1 eagle in my verna thou 16inc 195.....well my tyre guy told me to put 225 .....me too planing eagel f1.......with 17 inc.......how much the dealer gave for your stock tyres..........
Old 12th May 2007, 17:13   #24
BHPian

Stock tyres are Rs 2600 market price on whick shopkeeper they sell

But i sold off mine for Rs 2500 you know it depends i changed my tyres after 1 km drive after the delivery...........
Old 17th May 2007, 14:59   #25

yesterday i finally managed to take test drive of Honda Civic MT and overall feel was good but with following issues

i) AC is not very effective ( in was around noon at Delhi, and outside temp was around 38 degree)

ii) Gear changing not very smooth (getting stuck between 2nd and 3rd gear)

iii) Seat fabric does not look very elegant, and prone to get dirty. ( in fact all Civics which have come there for service had leather seat covers - an additional expense of 35k)

However pickup is quite good and suspension is better than corolla ( tht's what i felt) though Corolla test drive vehicle was around 2 years old while Civic was just 2 months old.
Old 17th May 2007, 16:45   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepblue View Post
yesterday i finally managed to take test drive of Honda Civic MT and overall feel was good but with following issues

i) AC is not very effective ( in was around noon at Delhi, and outside temp was around 38 degree)

ii) Gear changing not very smooth (getting stuck between 2nd and 3rd gear)

iii) Seat fabric does not look very elegant, and prone to get dirty. ( in fact all Civics which have come there for service had leather seat covers - an additional expense of 35k)

However pickup is quite good and suspension is better than corolla ( tht's what i felt) though Corolla test drive vehicle was around 2 years old while Civic was just 2 months old.
Was the car parked in the hot sun for too long? Once I set the Automatic Climate Control, there's no problem. I usually set temp to 25. Maybe being in Bangalore helps. :-)

Agree with the seat cover. Criminal of Honda not to give leather seats as standard fitting. But in Delhi heat do you still want to have leather?

No fog lamps as standard fitting either. U got to shell out 18K for that.
Old 18th May 2007, 09:48   #27
BHPian

Hi,

Everything on Civic/Corolla and lesser so Cedia have been discussed at length out here. Just wanted to add the driveability factor as well. The height of the Corolla makes it extremely driveable in the choked city traffic - I am talking of the all round visibility factor here. I guess of all the 3 mentioned here, it would be better equipped in that 0-20 Kph bumper to bumper traffic with traffic few inches from you on all sides.
This could be a minor issue, but I find myself in these situations everyday, so just thought I'll mention it.
Old 18th May 2007, 10:35   #28

hi subbarp

that's very imp point. however i think visibility in Civic is equally better at front.

meanwhile just got news that Honda is releasing new civic in July after taking care of issues

i) engine mounting problem
ii) leather seats
iii) probably working on GC

it is still a insider info, so cant say with 100% confirmation
Old 23rd May 2007, 20:11   #29
BHPian

Hi,

I see you have 3 good cars to pick from... My pro's and con's

Civic Pro's - Best Looks, Great Interiors, Good Handling, Good Drivability, TRUST worthy Honda Vtec Engine, Great Comfort.

Civic Con's - Little Less Responsive Throttle upto 3k rpm, Cannot Upgrade Music System, Expensive to MOD.

Corolla - Great Interiors, Great Handling, Excellent Throttle Response, Fast Pickup, Good Ride, Nice Engine, Good Fuel economy.

Corolla - Rear Passenger less space compared to civic.

Cedia - Interior like the EVO 7, Fast Torque Car, Great Street Racing Car

Cedia - Exteriors not good, have seen many on road LOL...

I guess should think between the Corolla and Civic, coz in future Re-SALE is important.
Old 14th August 2007, 08:59   #30

Hi

Just to update, i finally bought Toyota Corolla H 5 manual and so far i am delighted with the experience.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks