Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2008, 13:20   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Yes, on full-load the Civic does scrape its under-belly at times. But its nothing to worry about (My C and Vtec do the same). A little caution over speedbreakers will help.
How much damage will this scraping (over time) amount to?

I am looking to buy a used Civic, but the GC issue is keeping me back. I need to drive it, albeit occasionally, on bad roads or untarred roads with stones/small rocks. I do these with my Wagon R/Swift on a regular basis, only occasionally scraping something.
Old 2nd October 2008, 17:49   #32
alphamike

I guess should think between the Corolla and Civic, coz in future Re-SALE is important.[/quote]

hi,

I think coroll makes sense for you drive. Though occassionally but one bad hit beneath and a friend had to do a major engine work for his civic. So Corolla with 180+ GC is the ideal choice for drive, safety, response and fuel efficieny. I think Corolla has a better resale as well. ONly thing thats bad now is the new Corolla Altis is due for launch.

cheers

Old 2nd October 2008, 19:39   #33
BHPian

The Corolla Altis is already launched buddy.
Yeah Corolla Altis is a nice buy when compared to the Civic and Cedia. This is pure interms of maintainence and re-sale value wise. Else I would vouch for the Cedia since it has a much much bigger engine and a grt drive under its bonnet.

Anup
Old 6th November 2008, 16:44   #34

Cedia vs the rest of the pack including 2nd hand Civic

Dear Members
This is my first post.

I own a Palio 1.2 and am planning to move to a large car segment.

I have test driven Cedia/Magnum/Civic/Altis.

I actually liked the Cedia to drive and I believe that the 2L engine for the price point is good. I am hoping that the new prices will drop in the next month or so.

Interior wise it is basic, the new kenwood looks good but out of place, the knobs look cheap, the wooden panel looks good, the speedometer/rpm meter look ok, nothing special. The back seat space was very good. Exterior looks, I actually liked the older grill, this one looks very boring.

Overall I wouldnt mind buying a Cedia but these are the doubts:

1. How expensive, accessible, availability is after sales service? I am from Mumbai, any dope on how good the dealer in Mumbai is (Opera House)
2. Should I go for the older model of Cedia as the grill front looks are so much better?
3. With Civic/Altis/Magnum coming in, am I making a mistake in considering Cedia in the first place?
4. Will this be discontinued if Lancer comes in or would Lancer remain in the 13L-15L range?

That apart test drove:
Civic: Very nice interiors, lots of nice features, they say suspensions are a suspect over a period of time, space also quite good, but a little pricey

New City: While I have not test driven New Honda City, I didnt like the interiors which look really tacky, in addition a price point just 2.5 lakhs below Civic puts this out of the picture.
Altis: Nice interiors but not as good as Civic, exterior looks so much better and closer to the Camry, loved the seat, again a little pricey.

Magnum: The interiors look basic much like Cedia, pickup/acceleration seemed good, the gearshift was vibrating for some reason which I hate as I have one hand always on the gear shift. Price wise competitive.

From all this, I felt I am getting more in a Cedia (especially if I get a good deal on an older Cedia Select) than the others.

Am I on the right path or totally talking nonsense? I am not the total expert on cars so pardon if some of my observations are not valid.

Thanks
Ramesh

Note from Team-BHP Support : Thread MERGED. Please use the search feature before creating a new thread on a topic that might already exist. Please continue your discussion in an existing thread. This will keep all the relevant information in one place and make it easier for readers in the future.

Last edited by Jaggu : 6th November 2008 at 16:57. Reason: Search please before opening new thread. Thanks
Old 6th November 2008, 17:58   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbitram View Post
Am I on the right path or totally talking nonsense? I am not the total expert on cars so pardon if some of my observations are not valid.
Let me assure you first that you are on the right path. Altis/Civic are excellent cars, but a bit pricey as you said – the Cedia makes the VFM choice then. I am telling this as haven chosen Cedia 3 months back after going thru similar considerations. Civic was very much in my budget, but did not feel it was worth the higher price.

Quote:
I am hoping that the new prices will drop in the next month or so
I would not think that prices might drop, but you will get best discounts in end Nov/December. So capitalize on that

Quote:
How expensive, accessible, availability is after sales service? I am from Mumbai, any dope on how good the dealer in Mumbai is (Opera House)
Cedia maintenance is good. – Please search for Cedia on the forum and you will find many threads on this. Specific to Mumbai, please PM some owners in Mumbai and ask their opinion.

Quote:
Should I go for the older model of Cedia as the grill front looks are so much better?
Well, this is a personal choice. I would have preferred the newer version which has better HU, Climate control and some of the changes.

Quote:
With Civic/Altis/Magnum coming in, am I making a mistake in considering Cedia in the first place?
Absolutely NOT.

Quote:
Will this be discontinued if Lancer comes in or would Lancer remain in the 13L-15L range?
The belief is that the new Lancer will be in a different segment priced higher. But you do not know how things change.

Quote:
From all this, I felt I am getting more in a Cedia (especially if I get a good deal on an older Cedia Select) than the others.
You will get good deal on the Select if available with the dealer. The main thing lacking on it is the Leather seats, which you can add later. This again is a price sensitive decision that you should make.
Old 7th November 2008, 19:19   #36
BHPian

In agreement with pathfinder, you are making just the right choice with Cedia. Cedia front grills are changed and my opinion is similar to yours. While Spirit variant looks drab with the new grill, Sports is looking better. Do check Sports variant and then make your final decision.

Be assured with Cedia, you will not go wrong.
Old 8th November 2008, 14:36   #37

thanks a bunch

I had concluded that I will go for Cedia until I called Mitsu dealer in Mumbai. They quoted

Cedia Sport at 12.38 Lakhs
Cedia Spirit at 11.88 Lakhs

Seemed just too high. With these prices Sport starts getting comparable to 12.88 Lakhs of Honda Civic.

Very disappointing I guess with my sub 10L budget I will have to bid adieu to this segment of cars, might just go for second hand then.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks