Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2007, 23:34   #1
Senior - BHPian

Fiesta 1.4 EXi Vs NHC EXi Vs SX4 ZXi

Finally my dad's health has improved[thanks to all for your well wishes, especially aditya],and both of us are contributing and buying a car for around 8 lakhs[this is after weighing all our options,loans etc so basically stretched to the max].

The Suv love seems to be in our blood.Me ,my brother, dad all three of us just love them.However the only opposition is from my mother ,though a muted one.Ok I think that could explain why the scorpio comes in along with two cars.

Now we plan do some amount of bangalore-pune trips in a year and that's the reason of going in for a diesel.Unfortunately even though we could fit the innova in this budget[base version],it has no ac but power steering is optional[now that i find a funny way of cost-cutting by toyota],Tavera comes without PS but my dad likes the looks and the refinement of the scorpio over the tavera. Safari is not coming within 8 lakhs is what my dad tells me.

Why fiesta,it is giving good mileage and its engine is refined but it is just the base model exi , personally preferred the scorpio over the fiesta.

However the new car sx4 too has caught our attention because it has ABS+EBD,Airbags plus is fully loaded,if only a diesel sx4 VDI was available,but anyways still does it make sense going in for the sx4 over the scorpio for these safety features plus other goodies,inspite of it being a petrol.

We cannot wait much and my dad needs a new car real fast,so will not be able to wait till the new scorpio or the diesel sx4.

The scorpio is the base model having ac +Power steering.

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 9th May 2007 at 23:42.
Old 9th May 2007, 23:53   #2
LLL
BHPian

you should be able to get safari Lx otr for 8 lakhs.

Also base innova (E) model has AC, and you can opt for PS as well. Not sure whats the OTR price at ur location....
Old 10th May 2007, 00:05   #3
Senior - BHPian

You have not mentioned your average driving per month/year, that would help in deciding whether the diesel is worth it.
Old 10th May 2007, 00:22   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also base innova (E) model has AC,
Not anymore check:
http://www.toyotabharat.com/inen/cars/innova/specs.asp

I am guessing the average km/day usage would be around 50-60 kms.
Old 10th May 2007, 01:00   #5
Senior - BHPian

Yes just checked price of the safari lx and very much available for 8 lakhs,never thought of that thanks for bringing it up.
Old 10th May 2007, 01:16   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad View Post
Yes just checked price of the safari lx and very much available for 8 lakhs,never thought of that thanks for bringing it up.
In Bangalore the Safari LX Dicor will be 8.4 L on Road.. This is the 2x4 version. The same what i have at present. Also you are forgetting the bargaining part and the Discounts. You should get it for 8L easy.

Godfather
Old 10th May 2007, 01:21   #7
Senior - BHPian

Well I would suggest a Safari. Safer, easier to drive, more relaxing, and the base model comes with power windows I assume it will be irritating for your dad to reach over everywhere and roll up windows in the Scorpio, because they don't give power windows.
Old 10th May 2007, 01:39   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Well I would suggest a Safari. Safer, easier to drive, more relaxing, and the base model comes with power windows I assume it will be irritating for your dad to reach over everywhere and roll up windows in the Scorpio, because they don't give power windows.
Its not only the power windows.. When i walked into concorde to see the dicor there was a list of differences put up as a comparison chart..
Dont remember though..I never liked the scorpio so did not bother to read..

Godfather
Old 10th May 2007, 01:47   #9
Senior - BHPian

Off the top of my head, it is power windows, power mirrors, day/night mirror, defogger, fog lamps, and a few other things. Not to mention alloys!
Old 10th May 2007, 01:51   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Off the top of my head, it is power windows, power mirrors, day/night mirror, defogger, fog lamps, and a few other things. Not to mention alloys!
Rear A/c, Rear seat arm rest, 3.0l Dicor compared to 2.6L, and LOOKS

Godfather
Old 10th May 2007, 03:47   #11
BHPian

yeah rahul.goddy and viper are right.
i'm a new convert in the 'safari church of reclamation'.
Old 10th May 2007, 04:35   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorkats View Post
i'm a new convert in the 'safari church of reclamation'.

Hehehe.. Welcome to the Club.. and by the way i got pulled in by reading posts from Steer... and v1p3r just likes to hit my car's bonnet in a parking lot and tell the guard that it's his...

Godfather
Old 10th May 2007, 06:53   #13
Senior - BHPian

Hey Rahul,

Out of the chosen two options (SX4 left out since you want delivery of car really fast)

Scorpio : Very nice SUV but at the end of the day it is still SUV, you can not just put it in corner like you can with normal sedan. However the new Lotus tuned suspension is great improvement over old one. Also with high seating position your dad will be more comfortable. Don't forget to install Reverse Sensor (Costed me about 6k)

Fiesta : Is low on power however its more fun to drive. Boot is huge, and in Pune there is no problem with Ford A.S.S. It also has better image than Scorpio (If that matters to you)

But from your posts it seems like you are SUV loving guy, so go ahead and enjoy Scorpio. However do keep in mind that you'll have to use it in Pune city too.
Old 10th May 2007, 08:53   #14
Senior - BHPian

Safari lx is best bet for you, its awasome vehicle for highway use. spacious too and good FE. If TATAs have provided good Petrol Engine I would have baught Safari.

Next choise is SX4 although its new car you can take a chance since its MUL backed product perfect fit for true Indian!

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 10th May 2007, 09:08   #15
BHPian

Rahul,

You have mentioed that you are planning to do quite a lot of tripe to pune, hence diesel is the suggested option. Scorpio is a good option, however in the given budget you will get only the base version. Again since you said you are gonna have a lot of highway driving I would suggest a car with ABS+EBD, hence SX4 is the best option in the budget.. If space is not a concern go for diesel Fiesta 1.4 Zxi with ABS. should be 50,000 more than the budget.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks