Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2007, 23:58   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey nirmal,
IMHO, the Fiesta would hold a better Resale value than the Aveo 5 years down the line.
Also, the Fiesta is an amazing car on the highway too. Very stable and it is amazing to drive.
I'd suggest you take the Fiesta as you'd enjoy driving it more as you pointed out and will also get a better resale.
the maintainance and FE of both the cars should be the same.
Old 14th June 2007, 23:59   #17
BHPian

[quote=nirmalts;468850]Hello,

Thank you all for your comments again.

1. Low pickup
2. Reflection of dash on windshield (this I guess I could get used to after a while)
3. Not so smooth gearshift (also might improve after ~ 200kms as I read)

Here are the offers from dealers

Aveo 1.4 LS:
On road price (Blr) : 7.4L
Dealer discount: 40,000 + Sunfilm + Basic accessories

Fiesta 1.4 ZXi:
On road price (Blr) : 7.4L
Dealer discount: 15,000 worth accessories + 9.9% interest rate (for 3 years) + Basic accessories

My opinion: Go for Aveo, its value for money A.S.S is good as well if you compare with ford. Pick up is low a bit for aveo initially but after 1500 rpm its better then fiesta try it.. Dashboard reflection you will be used to it in few days it is not that reflective... Gearshift i am surprised to hear your view. i guess u drove old version aveo. check my gallery to see newer aveo. gearshift has been corrected in new aveo. Hope this info helps you
Old 15th June 2007, 00:22   #18
Senior - BHPian

I really liked the 1.6 SXi fiesta. Thought about it once before deciding on my cedia. Haven't driven the 1.4 but it should be similar. The handling of the fiesta is way better than the aveo and so is the low end torque. The aveo has a severe lack of low end grunt... especially the 1.4.
Old 15th June 2007, 09:43   #19
Senior - BHPian

Fiesta is true driver's car, If you look forward to buy the car which would give you better pickup and driver pleasure Fiesta scores over Aveo any day. Fiesta scraps few speed brakers in bangalore I agree that since I saw at least 2 or 3 times 4 people on board it touches speed braker but not like NHC. Fiesta is better than NHC as far ground clearance.

Aveo is practical City car according to me, since car you are loooking for is driven mostly in city Aveo makes more sense. GM is very aggressive recent times in marketing and improving their quality. Aveo looks better than Fiesta according to me. Aveo provides very good warranty/maintanance package which Fiesta is not offerring, Aveo is smooth wrt ride quality. Also FE wise Aveo should fetch slightly better than Fiesta.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 17th June 2007, 12:02   #20
BHPian

Hello Kamy,

The car I test drove was 2006 model. The dealer admitted that Aveo had gearshift problem. But they say it was fixed in 2006 itself. Also they do not have any cars after Feb 07 for test drive. Did you manage to test drive a car with the problem fixed? Which dealer was this in Blore?

Is the problem now completely fixed? Or it is comparatively better?

Regards,
Nirmal
Old 17th June 2007, 17:29   #21
BHPian

Hello Kamy,

The test drive car was 2006 model. The dealer did admit that Aveo had a gearshift problem but said it was fixed in 2006 itself. Did you manage to test drive a post Feb 07 model? Which dealer has this?

Also is the gearshift problem completely fixed in new models or comparatively better than before?

Regards,
Nirmal
Old 17th June 2007, 17:51   #22
BHPian

Hi Kamy,

The testdrive car was from 2006. The dealer did admit that Aveo had a gearshift problem, but he claims that was fixed in 2006 itself. Did you manage to test drive a post Feb '07 model? Which dealer in Bangalore could arrange this?

Is the problem completely fixed in new models or comparatively better than before?

Regards,
Nirmal
Old 17th June 2007, 20:18   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmalts View Post
Hello Kamy,

The test drive car was 2006 model. The dealer did admit that Aveo had a gearshift problem but said it was fixed in 2006 itself. Did you manage to test drive a post Feb 07 model? Which dealer has this?
Regards,
Nirmal
Hi Nirmal,

This problem was fixed in feb 2007, there were few upgrade done in aveo, first is AC, gearshift and then interiors. It was not fixed at all in 2006.

Test drive vehicle is not modified one nirmal. when i was purchasing i took test drive and rejected aveo, but my friend has got march aveo when i drove it i felt difference.

my fren's aveo gave me a different experience. Then i approached dealer again but since all dealer wanna clear there older stock they try to push the sales but thats not true nirmal. Insist on changed version aveo you can see pictures in gallery. PM me if you want the number of sales manager who will help you to get this vehicle.
Old 17th June 2007, 20:22   #24
BHPian

Nirmal

Gear shift s pretty good now i am talking about my chevy i can compare it to fiesta gearshift. Btw AC is also powerful now better then before.
Old 24th June 2007, 10:22   #25
BHPian

I requested TD with Sundaram for a Aveo (post Feb 07 model) once again. When I reached there yesterday they had a Jan 07 model for TD and April 07 model on display. Played with the gear shift on both cars. The gearshift on April 07 model was definitely smoother than the other one (but could not drive it as it was on display).

Took TD of Jan 07 model. It was surely better than the test drive cars at Sundaram but still notchy. The car had not completed PDI and hence the AC wasnt working and all the windscreens became misty while driving. As Kamy pointed out, the engine performance does improve after 2000 rpm. It's not that bad compared to Fiesta as I initially thought (as a VFM, complete package, family car).

The Apr 07 model had better looking dash (with new meters and chrome rings around them). Same as in Kamy's gallery. Also the LS model had a rear arm rest.

I have almost finalised on Aveo (unless I go back to the confusion mode Fiesta Vs Aveo again ). Now it is a question of 1.4 LS or 1.6 LT. I could not find much difference while driving between the 1.4 and 1.6 engine. The interior cosmetics, 2 DIN MP3, keyless entry and alloys did impress me. Is it worth the extra 50K (provided the dealer gives me the same discount he offered on 1.4LS)?
Also few questions:
1. Does 1.4LS and 1.6 LT come with tubeless tyres?
2. How it the quality of 2 DIN MP3 on 1.6 LT?
3. What is the average FE of 1.6 LT?

Regards,
Nirmal
Old 26th June 2007, 21:26   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Also few questions:
1. Does 1.4LS and 1.6 LT come with tubeless tyres?
2. How it the quality of 2 DIN MP3 on 1.6 LT?
3. What is the average FE of 1.6 LT?

Regards,
Nirmal
Nirmal

1. 1.4 Ls doesnot come with tubeless tyre 1.6 not sure.

2. MP3 player quality is good not best .

3. FE 10 in city 14 in highway.

1.6 ensure you get latest version. I like 1.6 interior more then 1.4 LS diff is there you migh have noticed it.
Old 26th June 2007, 21:34   #27
BHPian

My sep06 AVEO 1.4LS came wil tubeless tires. It's confirmed as I have got 2 punctures rectified on my car already.

FE of 1.6L is between 9-10 only in city.
Old 27th June 2007, 06:43   #28
BHPian

How to identify a tubeless tyre? The nozzle for tube would be missing?

Nirmal
Old 27th June 2007, 11:47   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How to identify a tubeless tyre? The nozzle for tube would be missing?
No, it'll have a nozzle otherwise how will you check air pressure & fillup/let out air?

Tubeless tyres will have a stamping on their sidewall saying "Tubeless" where Tube Types have a stamping saying "Tube Type".
Old 30th June 2007, 20:30   #30
BHPian

Hello again,

I am booking Aveo on Monday. Got very good offers both on 1.4 LS and 1.6 LT (slightly better offer on LT).

The engine performance of 1.6 doesnt seem to stand out compared to 1.4. But the extra goodies that come on 1.6 pulls me more towards it. The FE of 1.6 is really a worrying factor for me. Is FE of 1.6 really bad compared to 1.4? I am seeing figures like 10kmpl for LT and 13kmpl for LS. Will the extra 2kms make a big difference in a long term?

Would it be wise going for 1.4 LS and upgrading it later (with alloys, spoiler etc). What I would lose here would be slightly improved interiors, company fitted keyless entry/boot opener, integrated stereo and electric/heater rear view mirror?

Please help me reach a conclusion here.

Nirmal
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks