Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2022, 22:28   #16
BHPian

Re: A VW Vento in 2022?

VW Vento and Skoda Rapid are going to be discontinued by SAVW group. In my opinion you should not go for these unless you have a special affection for these models.

Since you are fond of road tripping then why don’t you go for an SUV. Try Nexon XMS / XMA(S) it has all key features and most importantly it’s 5 star GNCAP rated. Considering conditions of Indian roads and presence of reckless drivers, a safe SUV would be a good choice ..

Also, as we all concerned about rising petrol prices, and EVs are the way to go. But considering current infrastructure of EVs and charging stations one has to wait. As we have habit of planning trips randomly, a discharged battery of car might disappoint you.

So the alternate option is an Hybrid, Maruti Suzuki is coming up with upgraded version of Brezza and SCross hybrids with 48V battery. If you think you can wait a few more months, then these can also make it to your list.
You will also have a few more months to save money and raise your car buying budget.
Old 17th February 2022, 15:37   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by na_agrawal View Post
Fortunately, the dealer is confident in getting me a brand new Vento. The model and color might not be as per my choice exactly though.

*Fingers Crossed* Let's find out tonight.
I consider myself lucky for this particular instance and with a bit of faith in the VW dealership, they were able to get hold of a 2022 manufactured Vento Highline MT in Carbon Grey!! straight from the factory in Pune. I am more than happy with that!!

Yes, my friends, I have made an official booking for the above and made part payment. Now the waiting game begins before the pre-delivery proceedings.

PS: Considering the current OTR prices of Highline MT, I found the car to be terrific VFM, putting in the engine performance and the features available in Vento, at less than 11L, it's cheaper than a Polo Highline + !!

~NA
na_agrawal is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th February 2022, 15:43   #18
BHPian

Quote:
I consider myself lucky for this particular instance and with a bit of faith in the VW dealership, they were able to get hold of a 2022 manufactured Vento Highline MT in Carbon Grey!! straight from the factory in Pune. I am more than happy with that!!

Yes, my friends, I have made an official booking for the above and made part payment. Now the waiting game begins before the pre-delivery proceedings.

PS: Considering the current OTR prices of Highline MT, I found the car to be terrific VFM, putting in the engine performance and the features available in Vento, at less than 11L, it's cheaper than a Polo Highline + !!

~NA
When the heart gets what it wants, the rest doesn't matter!

Congratulations! Do post pics and a ownership review!
shifu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2022, 23:01   #19
BHPian

If you are in love with the Vento, go for it. It’s an old car but still is very relevant for someone looking for fun behind the wheels. The Slavia/Virtus would be much more expensive and would overshoot your budget with ease.
Also note the 1.0 turbo feels the most spirited in Vento/Rapid/Polo given their slightly lower weight when compared to Kushaq/Taigun.
If you are ready to put in 4 more lacs for Taigun/Kushaq/Slavia/Virtus then add 3 more lakhs and get the 1.5 tsi MT and be set for the next 10 years

EDIT: Just saw that you have booked the Vento. Congratulations

Last edited by Waspune : 17th February 2022 at 23:03.
Waspune is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th February 2022, 22:01   #20
BHPian

Congratulations on booking the Vento. I would also have suggested the same. Vento was my pick if the deal with Skoda guys would have gone south.

This small 1L engine is very FTD specially on highways. Welcome to the Ea211 club
ankitsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2022, 13:59   #21
BHPian

Re: A VW Vento in 2022? EDIT: Bought a Vento MT in Carbon Grey!

Hello Everyone,

I am glad to announce that I have finally taken the delivery of my car. I'll let the pics do the talking now -

A VW Vento in 2022?-20220307_173027.jpg

The key to good times ahead!

A VW Vento in 2022?-20220307_155402.jpg

...and the wheel to days full of fun!

A VW Vento in 2022?-20220307_140349.jpg

Still retains it's timeless look!

A VW Vento in 2022?-inked20220307_134618_li.jpg

Rear Quarter Shot

A VW Vento in 2022?-inked20220307_140257_li.jpg

Probably one of the best colors on a Vento, after Lapiz Blue.

A VW Vento in 2022?-20220307_140312.jpg

Mirror Finish!

A VW Vento in 2022?-20220307_144303.jpg

VW screams superior paint quality!

A VW Vento in 2022?-inked20220307_171633_li.jpg

At home!

A VW Vento in 2022?-20220307_134625.jpg

The car came shod with MRF ZVTV tires. At 185/60/R15, the car is under-tyred, considering what the 1.0 TSi is capable of.

A VW Vento in 2022?-inked20220307_193037_li.jpg

The ride was bone-jarring. Turned out, it was at 44psi, had to reduce it by a good 10psi. I will switch to nitrogen later.

A VW Vento in 2022?-20220307_192221.jpg

She paid absolute zero heeds to my wallet! Gobbled up 45-46L of expensive XP95. The dealer gave me 10L of 95 octane rated fuel for free

A VW Vento in 2022?-inked20220307_152356_li.jpg

One last parting shot!

A VW Vento in 2022?-20220307_195440.jpg

Talk about garage goals!! Err... Not the most desirable ones, but lovely still.

A VW Vento in 2022?-20220307_171658.jpg

I can't get enough of her!

I have driven this car for a total of 65 km till now. ODO was at 20kms while taking delivery. The engine is not the smoothest of all, but quite responsive. The ride has improved by a mile after taking care of the correct tire pressure.

What I liked -

1. Explosive engine, though I haven't pushed it beyond 3k rpm. But I test drove the AT till redline.
2. 3rd gear is the cure for all. Speed breakers, bumps, turns, open stretch, come whatever may, is the answer to all. Almost feels like an automatic in 3rd.
3. Build quality! It has proved its metal. It will last till eternity.
4. 12.4 kmpl till now as per the MID in city driving.
5. This color, though looks awesome, will be a pain to maintain.

What I don't -

1. Though it's one of the best VFM sedans, it doesn't get a rear parking camera.
2. The rear bottle holder beneath the rear AC vent looks and feels flimsy. Very un-VW like.
3. The car shudders a bit when I turn off the engine, drawbacks of a 3-cyl powerhouse.

What I miss -

1. It has a cornering function in its fog lamps. It should be in the headlights.
2. DRLs.
3. Need to get an aftermarket parking camera installed. VW has stopped providing it as their official accessory.

I was well aware of the shortcomings of this car before buying it. Nevertheless, went for it purely for the VW experience and the nature of drive it offers. Being launched 10 years back, there is enough support in the market for this car, and spare parts availability won't be a major issue. At a later point in ownership, I can easily upgrade factory fitments also.

This is our first VW and I am already loving it. Also, the VW dealer informed me that my Vento is the last MT Vento to be delivered in the state of Assam as they've now stopped taking orders for MT, due to 1-2 months of backorders. Only AT Vento can be booked now, that too in limited colors.

I hope I can plan to maintain the ownership thread

~NA
na_agrawal is offline   (62) Thanks
Old 10th March 2022, 14:24   #22
BHPian

Congratulations on the Vento once again.
I always admire the understated elegance of the VWs, Tiguan, Polo, Vento, Jetta, Passat.

Co-incidentally you got the Vento at the same day, VW launched the Vento replacement Virtus.

Wish you an awesome ownership experience ahead.
dr_TJ is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th March 2022, 14:51   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This is our first VW and I am already loving it. Also, the VW dealer informed me that my Vento is the last MT Vento to be delivered in the state of Assam as they've now stopped taking orders for MT, due to 1-2 months of backorders. Only AT Vento can be booked now, that too in limited colors.

I hope I can plan to maintain the ownership thread

~NA
Congratulations and wish you all the very best. I guess you would be one among the owners of the final batches of Ventos rolling out as it ends its illustrious run in India.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2022, 15:53   #24

Congratulations on your purchase. I am also in the process of buying one of the last Vento manual Highlines. A test drive of the polo AT blew my mind. But still undecided between Vento and S-cross as the more sensible option. Would you mind sharing the OTR price they quoted?
thestig31 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2022, 16:04   #25

Congrats man!! You got yourself a beast. One of the last VAG cars (this side of 25L), with their signature solid build quality and no compromise on basics. You'll surely thank yourself for making this purchase five years down the line ! Wish you many miles of happiness with this joy machine
real_koolkrish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2022, 17:10   #26
BHPian

Congratulations Man ! Welcome to the EA211 club

Though Virtus is launched but I would still say that it was a better decision to go ahead with Vento.

Reasons:
1) You get better build quality. (Yes we all have seen reviews of Slavia and hence Virtus will be on the same line).
2) Much better timeless design. Will age better.
3) Similar trim with Virtus will definitely be higher in terms of money.

Though with the good purchase be prepared to take upon the future issues with the model.

1) Keep an eye on the brakes. If you see slight issues with them get it replaced under warranty. Skoda would replace the brakes within the first 10K kms so VW might have some similar terms.
2) Rat bites are costly with these engines. Pay special attention to where you park.

And I must say a fabulous color. Vento looks classy with this color.
ankitsharma is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th March 2022, 21:38   #27
BHPian

The colour is truly beautiful. For a brief 3 years ,10 years ago dad got to lease a Vento from his office. That is when Shirdi trips went from a boring affair in a car to an enjoyable adventure in our Vento. Those 3 years were blissful for me but dad somehow missed the City Gen 2 that they used to provide.

When hunting for a car 3 years ago i test drove the Highline and was ready to pull the trigger but owing to budgetary restrictions and need for an automatic, settled for the tried and tested workhorse that is the Dzire 3rd Gen.

Someday after 5 years i yearn to own either the Next Gen City ( if its released by then) or the Virtus. I am confident that this car will last you 10 years or more and you will love each and every moment you drive it.
doomketu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2022, 12:57   #28
BHPian

Quote:

I am glad to announce that I have finally taken the delivery of my car. I'll let the pics do the talking now
Hello na_agrawal,

Congrats on your new acquisition! Looks ravishing in that shade!
As a fellow VW Polo owner, I can vouch that you're going enjoy every second behind the wheel. Wishing you many happy miles and smiles with it!

Cheers,
Ashish
ashishsGT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2022, 19:12   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_TJ View Post
Congratulations on the Vento once again.
Co-incidentally you got the Vento at the same day, VW launched the Vento replacement Virtus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Congratulations and wish you all the very best. I guess you would be one among the owners of the final batches of Ventos rolling out as it ends its illustrious run in India.
Thank you dr_TJ and Rajeevraj! I was lucky that the dealer could procure a Vento in Grey in less than a month's time, White Vento was not available till the end of April.
Yes, Virtus banners/advertisements were already being put up at the showroom space when I got my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestig31 View Post
Congratulations on your purchase. I am also in the process of buying one of the last Vento manual Highlines. A test drive of the polo AT blew my mind. But still undecided between Vento and S-cross as the more sensible option. Would you mind sharing the OTR price they quoted?
Thanks man! I looked at only 4 cars before deciding on the Vento.
I checked out Hyundai Verna, Honda City, Renault Duster and VW Polo/Vento, didn't even bother to look at the Maruti stable, so, can't comment on the S-Cross vs Vento. The final OTR was a bit less than 11L inclusive of Zero dep insurance, 2 year extended warranty (4+2), and some basic accessories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by real_koolkrish View Post
Congrats man!! You got yourself a beast. One of the last VAG cars (this side of 25L), with their signature solid build quality and no compromise on basics. You'll surely thank yourself for making this purchase five years down the line ! Wish you many miles of happiness with this joy machine
Such reassuring lines are stated by you!! Enhances my confidence in the Vento. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitsharma View Post
Congratulations Man ! Welcome to the EA211 club

Though with the good purchase be prepared to take upon the future issues with the model.

1) Keep an eye on the brakes. If you see slight issues with them get it replaced under warranty. Skoda would replace the brakes within the first 10K kms so VW might have some similar terms.
2) Rat bites are costly with these engines. Pay special attention to where you park.

And I must say a fabulous color. Vento looks classy with this color.
I will remember you ankit. You were the first and last till now, to welcome me to the EA211 club No one has said this to me yet, other than you.

Thanks for the caution on brakes! I will keep a keen eye.

Carbon Grey!! Yes, even I didn't expect this color to be THIS shiny...

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomketu View Post
Someday after 5 years i yearn to own either the Next Gen City ( if its released by then) or the Virtus. I am confident that this car will last you 10 years or more and you will love each and every moment you drive it.
The day shall come brother! Back in 2011, my dad was offered a second-hand Vento in chocolate brown. It was a bank confiscated vehicle with 2500 kms on the odo and was selling at less than 60% of the sticker price. He let it go, saying it's too dark of a color

And look at what happened after 10 years, we have a grey Vento in the garage!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishsGT View Post
Hello na_agrawal,

Congrats on your new acquisition! Looks ravishing in that shade!
As a fellow VW Polo owner, I can vouch that you're going enjoy every second behind the wheel. Wishing you many happy miles and smiles with it!

Cheers,
Ashish
Thanks GT! Yeah, one week into the ownership, and I have heard innumerous praises for this color from family, friends, and BHPians!!
Good to hear this from a fellow VW owner.

~NA
na_agrawal is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th March 2022, 13:24   #30
Senior - BHPian

Congrats! Conduct some lovely photoshoots before the tires lose their wax first! Welcome to the VAG family. Any mods planned? The car’s your blank canvas!
TheHelix0202 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks