Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2007, 22:36   #1

SX4 VXI or ZXI

Hi Guys,

I am going to buy my first car by August. But the confusion is between SX4 VXI and SX4 ZXI.
I have already stretched my budget from Hyundai Accent to SX4 VXI. All thanks to this forum for drawing my attention to this new comer SX4.

However, I dont see much of SX4 VXI being sold. Atleast thats what the dealers tell me in Bangalore. Is it that VXI is not a better option with that pricing ? I think Verna stands a better chance as per some threads in this forum.
So any BHPian who has already got SX4 VXI delivered please give ur feedbacks.
Old 7th June 2007, 00:50   #2
Senior - BHPian

For 1L difference between the VXi and ZXi, the ZXi has far better equipment like ABS, Airbags, 16inch enkeis on 205's, Leather, Climate Control, Audio Controls on steering. Stick to the ZXi, the VXi is not selling much anywayz as ZXi seems to be the VFM model.
Old 7th June 2007, 01:19   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_basu View Post
Hi Guys,

I am going to buy my first car by August. But the confusion is between SX4 VXI and SX4 ZXI.
I have already stretched my budget from Hyundai Accent to SX4 VXI. All thanks to this forum for drawing my attention to this new comer SX4.

However, I dont see much of SX4 VXI being sold. Atleast thats what the dealers tell me in Bangalore. Is it that VXI is not a better option with that pricing ? I think Verna stands a better chance as per some threads in this forum.
Got for it mate. I had an initial budget of around 6 to 6.5 and stretched myself a bit to SX4 VXi, but ZXi is not something my parents would've allowed me to stretch although its a far better option in terms of sheet VFM. You got one company in me!
Old 7th June 2007, 09:31   #4
Senior - BHPian

If you wannt to by SX4 its ZXI whichis really worth a buy it has many goodies and in resale market base trims fetch beter resale value but still SX4 ZXI is worth buy comapred with VXI.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 7th June 2007, 09:44   #5
Senior - BHPian

I think u should go for the Vxi as u have already stretched your budget...
Quote:
Here u go ..!! Gautam has got Vxi with 18" rims
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...inch-rims.html
Old 7th June 2007, 12:08   #6
Team-BHP Support

There you go... Two satisfied owners already to your side...

Go for the VXi... But, if you can stretch it to the ZXi, well and good...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetnaz View Post
You got one company in me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post

Here u go ..!! Gautam has got Vxi with 18" rims
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...inch-rims.html
Old 7th June 2007, 18:53   #7
Senior - BHPian

Similar story. Looked for Zen & our fellow members pointed out Swift arrival. Obviously ended up with Swift then.

Due to budgetary constraints I ended up buying Swift VXI, but two years down the line I regret not for opting ZXI version.

If you could extend, no second thoughts go for ZXI version. Pressure of extended budget will ease off at one stage
Old 7th June 2007, 22:34   #8

Well guys ! I think most of you think that ZXI is a better VFM.So let me just work out the extra EMI burden. Hey anyone who can give me an idea as to what discounts the dealers are offering ? My initial enquiries with the dealers ( sagar auto and RNS in bangalore ) suggest a FLAT NO ! Not even any freebies !
Old 7th June 2007, 22:51   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

The ZXi is simply Santa Claus going overboard with gifts. People realized that and hence the ZXi is in demand.
Old 7th June 2007, 23:13   #10
BHPian

In Delhi, you have dealers with VXis in their showrooms, but no Zxi - it is said there is a waiting period of at least a month for Zxi. So, possibly, lot of people think that Zxi is worth the wait.

Personally, I feel that if you are getting what Zxi offers in the kind of money you are getting it, it is well worth going for it. UNLESS, you want to replace it in the next 3-5 years, in which case, better go for Vxi which will fetch comparatively more value in resale. Zxi will not get anything overboard for the airbags, the stereo remote on steerng, ABS, alloys - maybe a little extra, but not too much.

- KK.
Old 7th June 2007, 23:27   #11
Senior - BHPian

Go in for the zxi version which has ABS and Airbags. These features can save your life in case of an accident and since you can afford to get the zxi IMO thats the one to go for.
Old 12th June 2007, 01:10   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Well guys ! I think most of you think that ZXI is a better VFM.So let me just work out the extra EMI burden. Hey anyone who can give me an idea as to what discounts the dealers are offering ? My initial enquiries with the dealers ( sagar auto and RNS in bangalore ) suggest a FLAT NO ! Not even any freebies !
I too got a flat no. THe dealer here in coimbatore said some goodies can be worked unofficially (since he can't do it officially), but nothing has happened so far. I guess we've no chance with such a demand anyway.
Old 12th June 2007, 03:02   #13
BHPian

After so many suggestions you got what else one can say ,yes the right advice which fellows gave you is correct Go for ZXI you get so much bang for your buck
Old 12th June 2007, 13:51   #14
BHPian

When I bought Zxi at Pratham in Bangalore, he gave me floor and trunk mats free, whereas others dealers in Blore aren't even giving it. Forget about discounts!!

BTW, Looking at new engine, 180mm GC, larger boot, wider tyres than other cars, MUL's best A.S.S., still Vxi is good option (if you compare with, say Accent, Indigo, etc). If you can never stretch to Zxi, you can still go with Vxi rather than other cars, IMHO.
Old 12th June 2007, 14:06   #15
BHPian

vxi or sxi

Definetly , the zxi version is the one to buy , it's loaded with features like climate control , abs , airbags. The vxi is too spartan , fabric feels cheap if u can't afford the zxi spend 30 grand more & buy the verna xi it's much better value

Most Viewed