Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2007, 12:16   #16
Team-BHP Support

I would suggest choosing between the Fiesta 1.6 with ABS and the SX4 ZXi, just as many others here have suggested.

I havent taken a test drive of the SX4, but i can vouch for the Fiesta 1.6.
Old 7th June 2007, 12:29   #17
Senior - BHPian

I would strongly suggest see Linea before you decide (If you can wait for it). Else go for SX4.
Old 8th June 2007, 00:47   #18
BHPian

Guyz after reading through all your opinions i have cut short and kinda changed my list-preference wise

1.Fiat Linea-Although i think its the best thing on four wheels and damn very desirable but fiat gives me goosbumps, not the brand image, but the A.S.S

2.New Vtec with ABS/airbags etc.-i love that a lot; solid build, refinement, peppy performance yet frugal, comfy and lots of practical space and above all the honda snob value.

3.SX4 ZXi-Its looks kinda turn me off, yes its true, but i can 'learn' to with them ! offers terrific VFM, but then flimsy build and i just hate rattles and in car noises ! Also, it has so much Swift in it...it looks as if the swift has been modded to make it a sedan...that i hate !!

Now considering that the vtec with the upcoming bells and whistles would cost me, okk my dad, almost a lac more, but then when i sell it it gonna fetch me more than an SX4...true isn't it ? So the cost gets compensated...right ?

As for the Linea, man i just love it ! These dayz,or rather nights, i found myself in a brand new Linea...scorching a roads of Delhi ! It's surely a winner and i'm ready to wait for it,evn 6 months, i'm so keen on it !!!

So guyz, help me make a choice. Perhaps we could arrange a poll ?
Old 8th June 2007, 08:28   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishesh View Post
Guyz after reading through all your opinions i have cut short and kinda changed my list-preference wise

1.Fiat Linea-Although i think its the best thing on four wheels and damn very desirable but fiat gives me goosbumps, not the brand image, but the A.S.S
A.S.S. is being done by Tata. Hope you will get a better service than FIAT here in India.

Quote:
2.New Vtec with ABS/airbags etc.-i love that a lot; solid build, refinement, peppy performance yet frugal, comfy and lots of practical space and above all the honda snob value.
Yes Vtec is good but has a low ground clearance that you need to be worried about.

Quote:
3.SX4 ZXi-Its looks kinda turn me off, yes its true, but i can 'learn' to with them ! offers terrific VFM, but then flimsy build and i just hate rattles and in car noises ! Also, it has so much Swift in it...it looks as if the swift has been modded to make it a sedan...that i hate !!

Now considering that the vtec with the upcoming bells and whistles would cost me, okk my dad, almost a lac more, but then when i sell it it gonna fetch me more than an SX4...true isn't it ? So the cost gets compensated...right ??
If SX4 looks don't appeal you then you should drop it from the consideration. You should also consider Skoda cars.
Old 8th June 2007, 08:53   #20
Senior - BHPian

Vishesh,

Linea not coming this year and Vios , no idea about it yet.

That leaves the new NHC and the SX4. You want the NHC with all frills that the SX4 has, for that you have to wait till Diwali. The NHC is coming with ABS, Airbags etc etc.

So if you looking to buy a car NOW - get the SX4. And have fun.

EDIT - If you do not like the SX4 , a couple of options that you can consider are the Toyota Corolla and the Optra 1.6.

Have you looked at the SRV ? Take TD and see if you like it.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 8th June 2007 at 08:56.
Old 8th June 2007, 08:59   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now considering that the vtec with the upcoming bells and whistles would cost me, okk my dad, almost a lac more, but then when i sell it it gonna fetch me more than an SX4...true isn't it ? So the cost gets compensated...right ?
Come on Vishesh, you still havent decided which car to buy and you thinking about the returns you will get when you sell it ?

Decide on a car, buy it and enjoy. When its time to move on to bigger cars thats when the resale question comes in.

Disclaimer - These views are mine and mine alone. Might seem a bit strange and stupid but then thats me.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 8th June 2007 at 09:02.
Old 8th June 2007, 10:12   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Come on Vishesh, you still havent decided which car to buy and you thinking about the returns you will get when you sell it ?

Decide on a car, buy it and enjoy. When its time to move on to bigger cars thats when the resale question comes in.
Totally agree - at your age, ppl are more worried abt looks and style quotient, and low running costs (at least I was)

If you dont like the SX4's looks - dont buy it.

You might also want to look at the Verna CRDi - low running costs and mind-blowing performance.
Old 8th June 2007, 10:43   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
EDIT - If you do not like the SX4 , a couple of options that you can consider are the Toyota Corolla and the Optra 1.6.

Have you looked at the SRV ? Take TD and see if you like it.
Vishesh as suggested above why don't u take a test drive of a fully loaded Optra 1.6 & SRV....!!
NC - Is Corolla under 8lacs...?

Also if u don't mind owning a powerful boat then do try out the Verna CRDi..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks