Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2007, 18:36   #1

HELP ME In Selecting Fiesta or Honda City

Dear fellow members,

I intend to buy a car. My budget is 7-8 lakhs. This car will be moving on Urban and rural areas both. Somehow I Zeroed on Ford Fiesta EXi and Honda Exi. But not sure which one to go. I am seeing nowdays that most of the production house are coming up with diesel cars as oil cost is rising, I am equally concern and want some good FE as I may drive upto 1500 KM /month sometimes. Another aspect is rear and front leg room, which is necessary for long drives and for senior (old) members of the family.

Though Honda is good in term of Model stability, Looks and ok with FE but poor in power. At the same time FORD is degrading worldwide day by day. So will it continue supporting the Fiesta or not we do not know.

Please advice me. Thanks.
Old 15th June 2007, 19:02   #2
Team-BHP Support

I can tell you one thing. You will get some replies but they won't surely help you to decide.

Spend some time reading threads. There are plenty of them and that's what TBHP is for. You'll find your direction and more. After that take test drives.
Old 16th June 2007, 01:05   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mint_ag View Post
Somehow I Zeroed on Ford Fiesta EXi and Honda Exi.
If you can share the rationale with us for zeroing in on Fiesta and NHC, it will be great. Also, you might want to check out SX4. It is a great VFM.
Old 16th June 2007, 01:26   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mint_ag View Post
At the same time FORD is degrading worldwide day by day. So will it continue supporting the Fiesta or not we do not know.
support, service will continue that much i can tell you. if that is your confusion?

why dont you do a test drive (if you havent yet) of both the cars and then list out pros and cons of both in here and mention your priorities, then members will be able to help you better. i think you will be able to figure out yourself by then
Old 16th June 2007, 05:45   #5
BHPian

@ mint : FORD is degrading worldwide???????

I am contemplating on a FIESTA myself. What exactly do you mean by FORD degrading.

@ forum : Guys!!!!!! going by mint's comment, is it risky to buy a FIESTA now????????
Old 16th June 2007, 08:54   #6
Senior - BHPian

well, if you are worrying about Ford's international status, its time to stop worrying.

1. They are covering losses very fast by cost cutting and selling loss making brands.

2. Their retail sales last month actually rose.

3. Ford recently toppled Toyota in a quality study and was the best performing brand.

Dont expect fiesta to topple Hond city though but its still an excellent vehicle and gets my vote. Go for the fiesta if you like it.
Old 16th June 2007, 09:42   #7
Senior - BHPian

If you like Fiat Adventure it will greately suite your requirement except for
FE. but that will be coverd by intial cost. Fiesta/City more than lac costlier than Adventure and amount you save by Adventure can be spent on slightly extra Fuel bills and on accessories.

However If you are keen on Fiesta or NHC then I suggest you TD and decide which you like it. If you ask me I suggest NHC the reason ->

1. Refinement, quality of Interior, luxury feel (more in GXI variant).
2. Good interior space, better FE.
3. Honda Name, improved suspension, I heard they did few tuning in 2007.
4. Good Resale value so far.

I heard very soon (couple of months max.) NHC upgrade is coming, so if you can wait and see. In couple of months we can start getting speedy SX4 faster and Maruti will fix few problems reported by customers in SX4 so If you wait for 2 months I feel you will have more options.

In Maharastra you won't problem with service of Fiat cars of course its improved a lot in all over India now a days.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 16th June 2007, 11:15   #8

Thanks all for providing vital inputs..
Ravi you are right.. Both Honda and Fiesta are ready with new generation engine. Honda has developed CRDI engine which they are using in some variant in Europe recently. And Fiesta is also coming with 1.6 CRDI engine in new Fiest cars. But I am very sure that as and when these new variants will touch Indian market they will be on higher price range may be somewher around 8-10 Lacks.

After posting my messang on the forum I did rigorous search on the Net and ofcourse with in the forum and learn lot of things about both the cars.

And I think most probably I am picking Fiesta.
Old 16th June 2007, 12:37   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
I can tell you one thing. You will get some replies but they won't surely help you to decide.

Spend some time reading threads. There are plenty of them and that's what TBHP is for. You'll find your direction and more. After that take test drives.
Better read through the forums.

Also, please provide what all you are looking for in the cars. And why considering only the Honda City and the Ford fiesta?

If diesel, go for the fiesta, otherwise look at the SX4.
If buying the City, wait two months for them to bring out the upgrade.
Old 16th June 2007, 12:54   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

IMHO, Honda city will work out expensive for you as OTR is higher or equivalent to a fiesta tdci /verna crdi and since you need good FE, you may have to slightly compromise on the rear leg room ( which undoubtedly is the best in NHC)

If you also want power and performance along with good FE, listed below in sequential order

a) Verna CRDI
b) Ford Fiesta TDCI

However, if your looking at a more economic diesel VFM where parameters tilt more towards space and sedate cruising and logging in more kms, then why dont you look at the following options too?

a) Indigo XL
b) Renault Logan

Well, at the end it boils down to what is your most wanted features and compromise is the name of the car selecting game and decide which car fits the bill.
Old 16th June 2007, 13:40   #11
BHPian

IMO if you are willing to wait and like the sx4 zxi is a better bet fully loaded at a lower price point..otherwise honda it is
Old 16th June 2007, 14:15   #12
BHPian

In yor given choices my vote goes for Honda city, but wait for upgrade model better in terms of product and resale value.

You have option of diesal car also keeping in mind your kms coverage. You have fiesta, Verna in place if you can wait for sometime then Aveo diesal is on the way. Expected to be a good diesal vehicle.
Old 16th June 2007, 15:45   #13

Friends,

It is not like that I am only looking for mileage or space or power, in fact I am looking for a complete package. That is why I narrowed on Fiesta and NHC. Somehow I am not into verna. ( I feel that Fiesta and Honda city are better, I may be wrong also) .

Logan looks to be a good bet but I have following points against it,
1. Ground clearance (155) which is less then Fiesta and Honda. This important because I will be using vehicle in Indian rural areas. And you all know about it.

2. There seems to be design issues in the clutch and break reagon.

3. Though I have drived it and liked it. Even the feedback by big names are in favour of it but my personal opinion is let it pass the ACID test by the indian community, which have characterstic to test everything in and out. If this card would have been there since 6 months I must have had it by now. As I am more focused on DIESEL then PETROL.

Some of you has suggested to wait for couple of month as more vehicles are rolling out with latest model. Even Existing one are upgrading there engines. I agree with them. But this make me remember the proverb " Agar thoda ruk jate to achchhi bibi/Mobile/gadi mil jati"

Thanks a lot.. Keep suggesting.
Old 18th June 2007, 11:44   #14
Team-BHP Support

mint_ag : Dont think too much about Ford's international status. In india they are doing REALLY good. Devarshi has also listed quite a few valid points about their current status there.

Fiesta is now turning to be a proven vehicle, with hardly any complaints turning up. Dont fret too much over it, go for the Fiesta if thats what your heart desires.
Old 18th June 2007, 12:50   #15
BHPian

Hi Mint_ag:If you are looking in diesel, go for Fiesta. Verna diesel has a powerful engine and pickup and power delivery is very good but it has very poor handling and suspension and it will be expansive as well.

If you are interested in petrol then decide b/w Honda city or SX4 ZXi. Drive both the vehicles and see which is more suitable and comfortable for you. SX4 Zxi is value for money with all those features but fit and finish is a question mark especially the interiors. There is not much of a difference in the performance figures of both these cars. Check out the june edition of Autocar mag.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks