Honda City 263 39.14%
Maruti Ciaz 13 1.93%
Hyundai Verna 27 4.02%
Other (please specify in your post) 11 1.64%
Voters: 672. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2023, 16:31   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Virtus vs Skoda Slavia vs Honda City vs Maruti Ciaz vs Hyundai Verna

Sat in the new Verna and was fairly impressed with the features, interiors, space on offer. Would definitely have it on my recommended list for buyers who are on the look out for a sedan, especially a chauffeur driven sedan.
The ride was a little on the softer side and very absorbent, but could be a little bouncy at higher speeds and being a Hyundai - safety is suspect.

The way I see it, the Virtus/Slavia 1.0T score on fun to drive compared to the 1.5NA CVT Verna - so enthusiasts on a budget would still prefer the Virtus/Slavia; safety conscious would pick either a City/Slavia/Virtus; but for the rest - the new Verna is quite on top of the list.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2023, 18:52   #122
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Virtus vs Skoda Slavia vs Honda City vs Maruti Ciaz vs Hyundai Verna

Just did a TD of both the Verna DCT and the Virtus GT DSG on the same route with a mix of city and highway driving with my father in the back seat. I thought that the Verna DCT felt quicker through the gear shifts while the Virtus felt a bit more linear, as if it was holding something in reserve. From driving dynamics perspective, at highway speeds, the Verna feels adequate, but as per my dad, the sharp bumps/thuds are felt a bit in the rear seats. The Virtus on the other hand, manages to isolate the road imperfections a bit more maturely, which was noticed both from driver and rear passenger perspective. But the difference I think, is more like 85% vs 90%. The seat comfort in the Verna is better overall, but ingress-egress for the driver is better in the Virtus courtesy the flat bottom steering (also a bit smaller in size than the Verna). As far as ADAS goes, i thought the blind spot warning is more useful than others. On the VW, you are of course, on your own. The overall cabin visibility from drivers perspective felt better in the Verna including the IRVM view of the rear glass, which was surprisingly large and clear.
If I have to describe the cars in party terms, the Verna looks edgy, and the interior with the ambient lighting also feels a bit funky. more like neo/trance lights in a pub, while the Virtus has more of a modern jazz lounge vibe. My father described it in his favorite way: the Verna feels like an Airbus 320/340, a bit wavy/floaty, yet a bit more comfortable, while the Virtus feels like a tight/taut handling Boeing 737/777. Its a tough call frankly.
Some side notes:
1) Both cars had approximately the same kms on the ODO, within 3000km.
2) The Virtus was emitting some minor creaky sounds near the glovebox panel.
3) The Verna is lower in overall height, but the seats feel a bit higher off the ground. In the Virtus, you have to "sink" into the seat.
4) The Virtus presented a somewhat less complicated user interface with the ICE as compared to the Verna, both on the screen and on the steering.
5) There wasn't a huge difference in the music sound quality between the two, inspite of the Bose branding on the Verna. My Creta's Bose system sounds a bit more richer and fuller than these two.

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 17th September 2023 at 19:07.
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2023, 12:22   #123

Friends: I have a 11 year old Vento which is mostly used by my dad (sparingly at best) but my parents do Mumbai-Pune trips once a month or so. I am looking for a replacement sedan(around 20L) since I already have a Hyryder. Must Haves: Safety, Peace of mind in terms of reliability & ASS, Petrol Automatic (max 7-8K Kms/year), decent boot space (in case the hyryder boot doesn't cut it), ease of getting in/out for aging parents, lower TCO and plan would be to keep this car for the next 10 years.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks