Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2007, 16:08   #16

hey..the optra is a very good car, just that it is a petrol guzzler!a friend of mine has it , it is 4 years old and gets a mileage of 6kmpl in the city!
the aveo looks nice but when i drove it, i found the gear stick very sluggish and hard..
Old 10th July 2007, 03:21   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakulgoil View Post
hey..the optra is a very good car, just that it is a petrol guzzler!a friend of mine has it , it is 4 years old and gets a mileage of 6kmpl in the city!
the aveo looks nice but when i drove it, i found the gear stick very sluggish and hard..

6 Kmpl to a litre is very very less even though i have no idea about optar,s mileage but the accord 2.4 which is a much bigger car gives 8.5 in city i think it needs a check at the service centre
Old 10th July 2007, 04:20   #18
BHPian

Why don't you get CNG kit also fitted from the dealer if FE is the only parameter stopping you from purchasing the Optra.

On Optra the CNG is supported by the dealers/company(chevrolet)
Old 10th July 2007, 07:58   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey,
I would suggest going for the Optra over the Aveo.
The difference in the FE of Optra and Aveo would be max 1kmpl but the added advantages definitely outweigh the loss of FE.
The Optra would definitely be more comfortable, bigger, better built and safer. It also has a more powerful engine and may even be better to drive.
If you are worried about poor resale and bad FE, dont be, because as i said before, there wouldn't be much difference between the Aveo and the Optra in FE and it mainly depends on the driving conditions.
For eg, as people are claiming to get an average of 8 from their Accord 2.4, my father's friend's Accord is getting an average of 6. Similarly, while there are people claiming to get 11 from their Corolla, we are only getting 8 - 9kmpl, but ours is driven in city traffic most of the time whereas they may do alot of highway driving.
Also, when the time comes to sell, Chevrolet cars in general have a poorer resale value then others in the Indian market.
Old 10th July 2007, 08:59   #20
Team-BHP Support

7.2L???

Thats a delicious price for the Optra. Its clearly a class bigger than the NHC, and much bigger than the Aveo.

VGIS has given a bit improvement in mileage of the Optra. But considering this price tag, i'd say its a very good buy.
Old 10th July 2007, 09:02   #21
BHPian

Hey !!
Which dealer is it in Delhi ?

And yes Optra is a good deal for 7 lacs.
Old 10th July 2007, 23:50   #22

Optra Magnum petrol petrol has also been launched with two variants LS and LT , the LS is decently loaded and costs around 8.10 ex showroom delhi and should be close to 9 OTR.

The old optra elite only ha sold grill, the engine remains same and it comes with GMI three year a lakh kms warranty, and at this discount levels is a good buy and does make sense.
Old 11th July 2007, 20:45   #23
VMG
BHPian

How about safty features like ABS, EBD and airbags in the newer version of Petrol - Optra?
Old 11th July 2007, 21:30   #24
BHPian

I think optras seriously suffer in the dept of resale value even if the car as a whole seems to be a vfm proposition. Maybe the Magnums will change that perception. One of my friends is trying to virtually "get rid" of his 2003 model Optra 1.8 LT which has run just 19k. After many months and rounds of price cuts, the latest amount he expects is about Rs 5.5 lacs! This is when the X-showroom price of that model is about 11 lacs.
Old 16th July 2007, 00:00   #25

updta: bought Optra

Hi All,

Thank you all for your advice.
I booked Optra for 7L. I thought a lot between optra & aveo.
I am arranging funds. In another couple of days I will get the delivery.

gava.
Old 16th July 2007, 11:36   #26
BHPian

Have fun with the car; post some snaps once you get delivery!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks