Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2022, 15:00   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Advice on buying a used Chevrolet Cruze

Quote:
Originally Posted by saikishor View Post
And also, my heart is set on the Cruze. Nothing else feels appealing enough to me.
This might be late (if in case you already sealed a deal) but still just thought of mentioning - ask for service records for each and every Cruze options you are evaluating. That should be your number 1 ask from any seller. Considering all the options you have shared are of individual sellers and not dealers; and all (except 1) are of single buyers, they definitely should have service records and should be fine to get the car evaluated at a reputed garage.

Keep that as part of your evaluation and you'll have some decent level of confidence in the car that ticks the boxes.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2022, 15:18   #47
BANNED

Quote:
Hi team, I need advice on another Cruze that I found on olx.
2016 LTZ Automatic
45k kms
Please visit Chevy service center in Hyderabad and check availability of common parts. It is a 7 year old car and there bound to be wear and tear and some parts have to be replaced.

I believe situation would be much better in Tier 1 cities though, but my father' UVA is a vegetable now as simple parts like drive belts etc are not available at local A.S.S.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 29th December 2022 at 07:03. Reason: Typos
PetrolRider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2023, 17:53   #48
BHPian

My search is still on, as I haven't found a perfect(read something that suits my needs) car yet. I backed out of the red MH Cruze because of the RC transfer process, and decided to stick to TS registered vehicles. I checked out 2 other cars recently.

#1: This came from my mechanic's friend. I was interested when he said it was a type 2 2012-2013 model with 40-50k on the odo, and was black in color. But to my horrible surprise when I checked out the car it had 97k kms on the odo. The car had a fresh clutch installed just before I came to see the car. Owner bought some other car and hence wanted to sell this off. He quoted 6, i quoted 4. He was ready to give it off at 4, but I wasn't interested. I am simply not comfortable with a car which has over 50k on the odo. But credit where it's due, the car felt mechanically sound and felt smooth in the 1-2km drive that I could do.Advice on buying a used Chevrolet Cruze-img20230102204228.jpg

Advice on buying a used Chevrolet Cruze-img20230102204217.jpg

Advice on buying a used Chevrolet Cruze-img20230102204253.jpg

Advice on buying a used Chevrolet Cruze-img20230102204257.jpg

Advice on buying a used Chevrolet Cruze-img20230102204303.jpg

Advice on buying a used Chevrolet Cruze-img20230102204309.jpg

Advice on buying a used Chevrolet Cruze-img20230102204316.jpg

Advice on buying a used Chevrolet Cruze-img_20230104_173955.jpg

#2: I found this on olx. I wasn't very optimistic about this as the owner quoted a way too high price on olx, and I was sure he wouldn't budge to my expectations regardless of bargaining. This was a 2017 March manual with 47k kms on the odo. This has to be the BEST car that I've seen till date. It was maintained very well, although the clutch was the same as the one that I drove for the very first time. It was hard. Except for that, the car was perfect.
Now coming to the price, the owner quoted 9.5 on olx. I openly told him that this car was way out of budget, but I just wanted to have a look at it. I started at 5.5-6 lacs, went till 7. Owner was like I will have to discuss with my parents if you are ok with 8 lacs. He said he will get back to me. I didn't have an answer. Even if he comes back, I will not buy this at 8; the max I can spend on a car whose maker left India 6 years ago(yes time flies really fast) is 6 lacs, despite having a car from the same brand and a trusty mechanic with me. My plan is, this car will anyways not get sold at the price he mentioned. I will probably wait for 4-5 months, and then ping him again. From the way he spoke to me, he was very confident that I would take good care of the car. It seems the car is very dear to him, and so he would like to sell it off to someone like me who will take good care. If the car remains unsold, I will take it. Or else, god bless whoever buys this car at 8-9 lacs.
Attached Thumbnails
Advice on buying a used Chevrolet Cruze-img20230104135526.jpg  

Advice on buying a used Chevrolet Cruze-img20230104135439.jpg  

Advice on buying a used Chevrolet Cruze-img20230104135434.jpg  

Advice on buying a used Chevrolet Cruze-img20230104135412.jpg  

Advice on buying a used Chevrolet Cruze-img20230104135408.jpg  

Advice on buying a used Chevrolet Cruze-img20230104135338.jpg  

Advice on buying a used Chevrolet Cruze-img20230104135310.jpg  

Advice on buying a used Chevrolet Cruze-img20230104135323.jpg  

Advice on buying a used Chevrolet Cruze-img20230104135256.jpg  

Last edited by saikishor : 4th January 2023 at 17:55.
saikishor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2023, 17:30   #49
BHPian

Black Cruze with facelift 2016-17 still has my heart till date! I have used Chevrolet and know for a fact thier parts though expensive last a long time if treated well. At one point I had the option of buying a white Cruze LT manual from someone who maintained it well but at that time priority was a new car with AT.

#2 option looks fine, if you plan to take it get your hands on it soon and enjoy the ownership, very last of the explosive 2.0L BS4 diesels out there.
yogiii is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2023, 07:44   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogiii View Post
Black Cruze with facelift 2016-17 still has my heart till date! I have used Chevrolet and know for a fact thier parts though expensive last a long time if treated well. At one point I had the option of buying a white Cruze LT manual from someone who maintained it well but at that time priority was a new car with AT.

#2 option looks fine, if you plan to take it get your hands on it soon and enjoy the ownership, very last of the explosive 2.0L BS4 diesels out there.
For now I stopped searching for cars, but according to you, what would be the fair price for the black 2017 car?
Old 1st February 2023, 07:51   #51
BHPian

Quote:
For now I stopped searching for cars, but according to you, what would be the fair price for the black 2017 car?
Can't say for certain for TS, but in Delhi anywhere between 5-6 lakh for this card would be a good price. +50k if it is very well maintained with full service record at ASC and checked by ASC as well.

I had a quick look for prices in Delhi online for similar range car, people are asking for anywhere from 6-10 lakhs, higher end is quite optimistic IMHO.
yogiii is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2023, 07:54   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogiii View Post
Can't say for certain for TS, but in Delhi anywhere between 5-6 lakh for this card would be a good price. +50k if it is very well maintained with full service record at ASC and checked by ASC as well.

I had a quick look for prices in Delhi online for similar range car, people are asking for anywhere from 6-10 lakhs, higher end is quite optimistic IMHO.
I was thinking 6-6.5, max 7. But then, I stopped searching for cars altogether. I was thinking I'll ping the owner later, maybe after a month or two. He has removed the ad now, and upon asking he told me he has been receiving a lot of calls.
Old 26th September 2023, 21:57   #53
BHPian

I totally left the idea of buying a used Cruze but every now and then, I search for cars on olx just for some personal satisfaction of sorts.

Remember the car that started this dilemma? I funnily found it on olx. I will leave a link for the same. From the pictures, I can see that the steering wheel has a cover on it now to hide the worn out leather. I doubt if the cracked windscreen has been fixed or not.

My mechanic called me in July saying that the owner of this car has accepted my offer of 5 lacs. I was just not interested, and told my mechanic that 3 lacs is the max I can put on that car. I told him to ask the seller and revert. Story ends there, no calls after that.

Some dreams are better left for good I guess.

Ad link: https://www.olx.in/item/chevrolet-cr...iid-1746400182

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks