Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2007, 10:26   #16
Team-BHP Support

Hormaz, stick to Cauvery. I shall PM a sales guy's number to you, and i shall let him know too. He should help you out. As for the corporate offers, i think its available from the dealer's end. Forgive me for asking, but if your wife works (if married), you could also try if her company is offerred a discount. I used the same method, although later on i came to know my company was listed in their list too. I was offerred Rs.7500/- as corporate discount.
Old 9th July 2007, 10:36   #17
BHPian

hi hormaz .. so finally a fiesta .. cool

my case at hyderabad : my car was a delhi reg. and they cought me in hyderabad ,i paid a total of 16k as tax n penality to get my car back , but rto guys told me i can get the money back from Delhi RTO once i take my car back to delhi. i dont know how far this is true .

Ask any mumbai Rto office and get it clarified ,may be they can guide u on this .. and one more thing ..is there any option of paying the road tax on yearly basis rather than payin the lifetime tax? check it

KAran
Old 9th July 2007, 10:45   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

It may be worth checking out the "Fiesta Trouble" and "Metro Ford Suck..." threads.

One is a true feedback about the car and the other is about the company and dealer.

Thanks to Vidyut and Shivsuman...
At least I am afraid to buy a Ford now...
Old 9th July 2007, 10:53   #19
BHPian

yeah their are even threads where people are quite happy with a.s.s of ford so need to be afraid
Old 9th July 2007, 11:11   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
It may be worth checking out the "Fiesta Trouble" and "Metro Ford Suck..." threads.

One is a true feedback about the car and the other is about the company and dealer.

Well, since you are afraid, why spread the epidemic?
Lemme ask, to anyone who thinks of buying a Swift, do u point out all the threads where members complain about Swift clutches frying up early, or the 20,000 kms service cost amounting to Rs.5000/- , about the niggling rattles, and so on? Am sure you dont.

As for the water logging issue, i feel it was a human error involved, in which i blame the driver, but since i have no proof, i resist. About the dealer issue (Metro), the dealer is notorious, but whats the harm with the other dealer? I can say that with much more certainty than you, since i deal with them, and have had ALL good experiences. But would you quote me when someone asks about this particular dealer?

Lets not jump into conclusions, brother.
Old 9th July 2007, 11:22   #21
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hormaz View Post
@ LLL and snaronikar well as regards to the cop discount, i asked cauvery ford to check whether if my company is listed in their list, but he said it wasnt, .
Corporate discount is offered by the company. Regarding Hyundai i have actually seen the list of corporates circulated by the company. On Ford, the salesman may not be aware of your company.

If yours is a large company, you should be able to tell him that your colleagues have brought so many ford's that it should be given the corp offer and beat him up to include your company if its not listed.
Old 9th July 2007, 11:30   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Well, since you are afraid, why spread the epidemic?
Lemme ask, to anyone who thinks of buying a Swift, do u point out all the threads where members complain about Swift clutches frying up early, or the 20,000 kms service cost amounting to Rs.5000/- , about the niggling rattles, and so on? Am sure you dont.

As for the water logging issue, i feel it was a human error involved, in which i blame the driver, but since i have no proof, i resist. About the dealer issue (Metro), the dealer is notorious, but whats the harm with the other dealer? I can say that with much more certainty than you, since i deal with them, and have had ALL good experiences. But would you quote me when someone asks about this particular dealer?

Lets not jump into conclusions, brother.
Take it easy.

I just pointed to other threads.

Going by your logic, those threads should be deemed as peronsal experiences/personnel errors and should be closed else people will read them!

Each thread has a potential of spreading epidemic.
Should we close all threads?
Old 9th July 2007, 11:56   #23
Team-BHP Support

I never said those threads should be closed. Did i mention that in my post?

All i was insisting was a common yardstick based on which we measure.
Old 9th July 2007, 12:05   #24
BHPian

@ anandpadhye,Thanks i have already checked the threads you have mentioned, but i love the way fiesta feels while im driving, the ride quality, the interiors, the grunt it has, overall its a hit for me, the only thing which i was worried about is the A.S.S of ford, which i think has considerably improved with fiesta.

@ LLL, well yeah, i just spoke to cauvery ford and they said that my company is not listed but my wife's is, so will be surely taking that discount, all i need to show them is my marriage certificate.

@ spider77, Thanks for the valuable info dude, seems like there is no way out of not paying the road tax once you are in a different state, anyways i'll ask about the yearly road tax, it would be great if i could do that, never heard of it though.

@ benbsb29 Thanks for the no dude, appreciate it, and thanks for letting me know that i can avail a corporate discount on my wife's company too, already spoke to the guy at cauvery , he said it could be done.

@ yogi1771,yeah dude, thats true.

Well the a representative from UTI bank is coming to explain me the break up for the loan, already got a quotation from kotak(interest @ 12.05%), will surely keep u'll posted regarding the same,

Thanks,
Old 10th July 2007, 13:07   #25
Senior - BHPian

Hormaz, congratulations on your decision, I'm sure you'll enjoy the experience!

Quote:
Going by that logic, you'll have hardly any options left in case you want to buy a car mate - there are bad experiences with most manufacturers that I can think of on our forum.....

Quote:
Each thread has a potential of spreading epidemic.
Should we close all threads?
Nope, but we should each ensure that we don't pick up the odd incident & make it sound like an everyday affair.
Old 10th July 2007, 13:16   #26
Senior - BHPian

Hormaz,
Go for Fiesta if you already decided on it. A few threads of someone's car getting water-logged or a bad dealer should not deter you. I have a 1.6 Fiesta sxi and am very happy with it. I've also driven it through 12" deep water for about 30 metres without any problems.
I got a discount of 15 k as corporate discount---I was lucky because my company, USi Networks, was not on their list, but the parent company, at&t, figured on their list !
I think you should go for the limited edition Fiesta, as it has many features that are not there even in the top end sxi model.
Old 10th July 2007, 15:30   #27
BHPian

@ vnabhi, thanks dude, i asked about the limited edition, but they are charging more for it, as i cant afford it, i'm settling for a 1.4 Exi.

I spoke to the dealer at cauvery, but he is not giving me any cash discounts, he is not even giving me any cash discount instead of the music system, he says its an offer from ford and they cant do anything about it,

As i dont want to deal with metro ford, i have no other option, as there are only 2 dealers in bangalore.

@ benbsb29, i'll call up the guy which u recommended, hope he can give me a good deal.

As this is my 1st car that im taking it on loan, im a little confused as to how the procedure of loan takes place,

The dealer has asked me to book the car by giving him a token amount of 50k, and says simultaneously let the loan thing happen, is that how it works?

Currently im dealing with Icici and Hdfc banks for loan,

Icici is giving me @12.75% per lac comes upto 2239,as im already banking with them for the last 5 yrs, i have to show them very minimal documents,

Hdfc is giving me @ 12.5% per lac comes upto 2227, though he said whatever the other bank is offering he will top it with something better.Now that sounds good.
Old 10th July 2007, 17:04   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hormaz View Post
I spoke to the dealer at cauvery, but he is not giving me any cash discounts, he is not even giving me any cash discount instead of the music system, he says its an offer from ford and they cant do anything about it,

@ benbsb29, i'll call up the guy which u recommended, hope he can give me a good deal.
hormaz, what you can do is exchange the music system for rebate on some accessories. They dont provide it as a cash discount, but you can use it as a rebate on Extended Warranty or something which you can opt for. When i was buying my Ikon from them (Sep 2006), they had an offer for a Blaupunkt MP3 player. I had opted for the Blast pack for the Ikon which is a combo of accessories, and also the Extended Warranty. The sales guy discounted the price of the music system from these, while i had to pay the differential amount. Try this approach.

As for the guy i had recommended, unable to get through to him. Will try again and let you know.

EDIT: Seems that guy isnt working with them any longer. Shall try another guy i had dealt with, and let u know.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 10th July 2007 at 17:06.
Old 10th July 2007, 19:20   #29
BHPian

@ benbsb29, hey i just spoke to the dealer about giving me some accessories or extended warranty instead of the music system, he said he will let me know tomorrow if this could be done or not, i think the way he was talking it is possible, plus he said don't tell anybody, like i would, hahahahaaa...

Thanks benbsb29.
Old 10th July 2007, 20:52   #30
BHPian

Hormaz, congratulations on your decision! I am sure you are going to enjoy your ride for a long long time...

If I may ask, how much does the final OTR price come to? And, have you researched the FE figures?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks