Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2007, 21:02   #31
BHPian

@ spindoc, thanks, well OTR its coming to 6,82,252, ya i have been following peoples reviews and experiences , i'm fine if i get around 14-15 kmpl.
Old 11th July 2007, 17:49   #32
Senior - BHPian

Hotmaz...Congrats on your purchase. My brother drives a Ford Ikon and the FE in city is around 12kmpl (without ac). The Feista might also give the same or may be 1 km extra.......
Old 11th July 2007, 19:22   #33
BHPian

@ snaronikar thanks dude, ya i guess you are right, 14kmpl is what i'm looking forward too,

Well,I just met with a metro ford representative, and he is offering me a very good deal compared to cauvery. Yes, yes i know what all you guys are thinking right now, but please just spare a moment and look at the difference in the offers,list is as follows

Metro Ford.

1) Giving me a corporate discount of 11k, as my wife's company is listed.

2) Not taking the music system instead getting 5k discount, and giving me a sun film( which he says costs 2,800) for it with the basic accessories , such as mud flaps, floor mat. boot mat, perfume.

3) Giving me a Total Maintenance Plan, which is costing 13,330 for 2 yrs. which i guess is standard as i checked the ford site for the price.

4) If i dont want the Total Maintenance Plan, he is giving me a extended warranty for the 2nd yr free.

Sales representative was very friendly and could be twisted for some more.

Cauvery Ford.

1) Not giving me a corporate discount , he is saying that the parent company is listed and in anyways if i can prove that my wife's company is a sister company of it , i will get a discount of 7.5k.

2) Not taking the music system instead getting 2nd year extended warranty for it, with the basic accessories , such as mud flaps, floor mat. boot mat, perfume.

3) Total Maintenance Plan, which is costing 13,330 for 2 yrs.

Sales representative is very scared of giving me anything extra, and helping me out with the corporate discounts, as i said if he could check and let me know, he said i have to do it myself, and very pushy about giving him a advance token( very obvious why) to book the car.

In all im getting 11k(corporate discount) plus 5k(music system) plus the sun film from metro ford.

What say guys. yes, i have read all about metro ford in the threads, and their service, but i was thinking of getting it serviced from cauvery if servicing is 1 of the negative points of Metro ford.

Plus would like to know if i shld go for the extended warranty or the Total Maintenance Plan, as the metro ford guy said that i wouldn't even have to pay for the regular oil changes, in all wouldn't have to pay a single paise for 2 yrs or 30,00km. is this true.

Thanks.
Old 11th July 2007, 20:06   #34
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hormaz View Post
What say guys. yes, i have read all about metro ford in the threads, and their service, but i was thinking of getting it serviced from cauvery if servicing is 1 of the negative points of Metro ford.
No, the issue is not their service. Issue is how they cheat their customers and do not compensate them for damages. Heck, they lost the case in court and haven't paid the damages that court ordered. They have no care of law.

What if you pay them the money and they refuse to give you the car or give you a damaged car? You can go to court to recover the money if you wish...but remember they dont care for the law.

As a principle, i wont deal with them. These guys prosper and thrive because they can cheat people and still know there will be others who will give them business. They are spreading corruption and lawlessness and by taking your business to them, you are encouraging them.

But, finally its your call.
Old 11th July 2007, 20:29   #35
Senior - BHPian

My opinion, you can buy the car from Metro and can give servicing at Cauvery as they seem reasonable from your above messages.....Take a balanced decision.
Old 12th July 2007, 10:25   #36
Team-BHP Support

Hormaz, i have sent you a PM which lists the offers which Cauvery Ford guys can offer you on the Fiesta this month. Check it and let me know. Also sent you the sales guy's number.
Old 17th July 2007, 01:11   #37

Hormaz, please let me know the final price offered to you. I am planning to buy in the same range but next month.

-Mayank-
Old 17th July 2007, 07:31   #38
BHPian

hey y can just exchange the music system and get a new one from outside, might save some bucks...
Old 17th July 2007, 10:08   #39
BHPian

Booked Fiesta with cauvery

I have booked my fiesta 1.4exi petrol from cauvery ford, OTR its 6,82,500, getting a 11k corporate discount, but it is not a cash discount, instead of that im taking a autocop, fog lamps, and sunfilm, which comes up to roughly 11k.

Thanks for all your help guys, im getting the delivery on next wed.

Appreciate your time.
Old 17th July 2007, 11:31   #40
Team-BHP Support

Dont worry too much about dealer for the purchase, go with one that offers best discounts and package. Service you can always do in another workshop.

Most Viewed