Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2007, 13:00   #16
BHPian

@Keshari: Aveo is always better in terms of looks, interiors, space and ride when you compare it with other cars mentioned here. the only problem with Aveo is the clumsy gear shift and lack of driving pleasure. The engine doesn't feel responsive.
But when you have already tested it and you are okay with the gear shift and drive of Aveo1.4 then don't waste your time on any other vehicle. Go and buy it.
Old 18th July 2007, 15:42   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by metropolis View Post
Anyway Accent is not a good car to own its ageing now............
Better to go Verna CRDi
Its interesting how we shoot off advice without keeping in mind the actual requirements. He has mentioned the On-Road price he can shell out is a maximum of Rs. 6.5lakhs, and we go ahead and suggest that he buy a Verna CRDi, which costs way too much over his budget.
Old 18th July 2007, 16:31   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom2_ash View Post
@Keshari: Aveo is always better in terms of looks, interiors, space and ride when you compare it with other cars mentioned here. the only problem with Aveo is the clumsy gear shift and lack of driving pleasure. The engine doesn't feel responsive.
But when you have already tested it and you are okay with the gear shift and drive of Aveo1.4 then don't waste your time on any other vehicle. Go and buy it.

I request you to go through crash test reports of aveo before taking the decision. We should give some importance to safety as well.

Last edited by swathyd : 18th July 2007 at 16:33.
Old 18th July 2007, 16:37   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshari View Post
Hi Friends,

I am looking for following fetaures -
Good looking.
Reasonable mileage in traffic of B'lore. Petrol variant, not much of driving for me except on weekends.
Good power and ease of gear handling.
Comfortable and spacious, shouldn't trouble my long legs.
Reliability.

Ohohoho am I demanding more ??? Should give me pleasure riding !!!

Mayank, I think you should try the Ford Fusion. Its got almost all that you need. Really Peppy engine, Cool F.E figures for the power it delivers, Distinctly Good looking(personal choice), Really spacious interiors with fairly good boot space. However you will have to take a chance with Ford Service and Spare part costs. The ride at slow speeds are unbearable on bad roads. But since it is your first car i think you wont really feel the difference. I say this because i have been spoilt by the FIAT suspensions. The Fusion is really a VFM car and since you mentioned of your long legs. i feel its the best thig for you.
Old 29th July 2007, 23:38   #20
Senior - BHPian

IMHO, try the Marina as well. It got a diff look to it and looks better than the Indigo. The Dicor LX is well within your budget and you get a lot of discount and freebies too. I recently test drove one and was very satisfied..I have booked one too but Please I am not being partial since am planning to own one too..lolz.
Old 31st July 2007, 16:36   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshari View Post
Thanks guys what an amazing response from Team-Bhp. I am more than excited now for my new vehicle.

Here are my inputs for cars I drove -->

1) Aveo -1.4 Exi
------------
Comfortable, I touched 100kmph in a short stretch while driving in city, gear transmission was ok not so impressive, pretty nice interiors though Fiesta looks better from inside, attractive exterior looks.

It's Aveo 1.4 or 1.4LS, not Exi. Did you test drove the new model? It comes with improved gear shift. I test drove the old one (2006) and then the new one (May 2007) and felt the difference. Also, now it comes with 3 year / 1 lakh km warranty. I have booked Aveo 1.4 today and got a very good deal. I suggest you try some hard bargaining with the dealer. Aveo is surely a VFM package.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks