Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2007, 03:44   #1

Looking for a car in range 5-6.5L(On road price)

Hi Friends,

I am looking for a sedan within 6.5L (on road) in Bangalore. I have found
quite lots of option though like Chevy-Aveo, Ford-Fiesta, Hyundai-Accent,
Renault-Logan and Tata-Indigo but still wandering what to go for ???
This would be The First Car buying on my own so I hope you guys can understand my worries and state of dilemma.

I am looking for following fetaures -
Good looking.
Reasonable mileage in traffic of B'lore. Petrol variant, not much of driving for me except on weekends.
Good power and ease of gear handling.
Comfortable and spacious, shouldn't trouble my long legs.
Reliability.

Ohohoho am I demanding more ??? Should give me pleasure riding !!!

I hope I could fit some of these cars into my budget with proper negotiation,,, hoping best to happen.

Your suggestions are awaited and thanks in advance.

Regards,
Mayank (BTW I am Mayank.)
Old 15th July 2007, 23:58   #2
Senior - BHPian

From the cars shortlisted ,for the fiesta and aveo you would have to stretch your budget a little higher[considering OTR bangalore prices] anyway no harm in trying your luck with the dealer.

Hyundai accent I am not sure if you should go for only because its future appears bleak and the fact that its not doing that well does not help either.

Maybe you could consider the Ford ikon as well,you would enjoy driving this car.Even though the indigo is only 1.4 its power equals the logan and yes it too is big from inside even though not advertised as a wide bodied car.I have heard that of the three the Logan returns the best FE figures[can't verify it however].

Which car for a tall person cannot really say but have been hearing that the clutch is not very ergonomically designed in the logan[again please verify with a testdrive].However it being the latest car plus the fact that you are going in for a petrol I would recommend the logan but yes do test drive all the cars.
Old 16th July 2007, 00:37   #3
Team-BHP Support

My order of preference would be-

1. Ford fiesta- the car has caught on well with the masses. Positives: Decent power, looks OK, interiors are of good quality, nice combination of ride/handling, pleasure to drive. Negatives: Mileage is a little bit of worry but almost on par with the rest, space is not too much!

2. Chevy Aveo- Looks good and not too common, space is ok, interiors are ok. negatives: gearshift, resale value.

3. Renault logan: Base petrol sounds VFM. However, you don't get any sort of accessories with the car- not even basic carpeting.

Indigo, IMO is better in diesel guise, and hyundai accent will be axed soon.
Old 16th July 2007, 00:39   #4
Senior - BHPian

if you want driving pleasure and want a good ride and if you don't need a boot have a a look at the palio 1.6

but if you want to choose from the above given chooses i would go in for the accent and then would be the aveo and the last preference would be the logan

Last edited by manikjeet : 16th July 2007 at 00:40.
Old 16th July 2007, 00:40   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Get the Fiesta 1.4 Exi. It would wager slightly better on the resale value over the Aveo.

For better driving pleasure while retaining versatility, you could look at the Fusion 1.6 as well.
Old 16th July 2007, 01:51   #6
Senior - BHPian

Yup the fords are the best in the range. However be aware that Ford probably has the worst after sales service in the country. Quite a few horror stories in this forum itself. Maybe you might wanna increase your budget a bit and get an SX4 VXi.
Old 16th July 2007, 02:34   #7
BHPian

My pick would be AVEO or FIESTA. Aveo is vfm and gives you better interiors and more space as compared to fiesta. Having said that, fiesta gives you more driving pleasure.

And guys, is'nt the ACCENT phased out now???????
Old 16th July 2007, 08:37   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by karty_83 View Post
My pick would be AVEO or FIESTA. Aveo is vfm and gives you better interiors and more space as compared to fiesta. Having said that, fiesta gives you more driving pleasure.

And guys, is'nt the ACCENT phased out now???????
While the Accent CRDi has been phased out, the petrol (i guess only base GLE) is available.
Old 16th July 2007, 11:05   #9
Team-BHP Support

Mayank, from what you have listed, the Fiesta EXi it is. Do head for a test drive of both the Fiesta and the Aveo, and make a decision.

I would have suggested an Ikon Flair, but when your budget permits a car of a higher class, go for it.

P.S. : The Accent is still available in the GLE variant.
Old 16th July 2007, 11:12   #10
BHPian

Take a TD of fiat adventure as nothing should be left while choosing a car. Its suspension alone will make it win the race.
Old 16th July 2007, 11:15   #11
Senior - BHPian

My first suggestion to you would be to go for AVEO . Its a really nice looking car.

Fiesta I do not know about. Forget the IKON, its not really worth it.

Accent - quite outdated now but never the less for the price its a really good car with good power but then its not the latest. Its a 6 year old model.

I would say go for Aveo !! Cheers
Old 16th July 2007, 12:04   #12
BHPian

the accent is out because the GLE hasn't got power, and accents handle ... umm... very ordinarily. will not deliver the 'pleasure riding' you seek.

the ikon flair is not too better off with its power, but the handling is brilliant. yet, when your budget accommodates something more modern, why refuse? but for the money you put in, it sure is fun.

the aveo is a good option but compromises on gear shift quality - and driving pleasure, maybe - are demanded. for people who're not too finicky about details, it really doesn't matter. it's doubtlessly a beautiful package.

the same thing about ford, but you get the fun in greater measure. for your requirements, i think you should just go ahead and get yourself either the aveo or the ford - not so much of a difference to waste your time worrying about.

if you can stretch your budget by 50k+, there are more complications in store.
Old 16th July 2007, 12:42   #13
VBV
BHPian

Are you sure you want a sedan? A premium hatchback might satisfy your requirements better than a low end sedan.

VBV
Old 17th July 2007, 00:14   #14

Thanks guys what an amazing response from Team-Bhp. I am more than excited now for my new vehicle.

Here are my inputs for cars I drove -->

1) Aveo -1.4 Exi
------------
Comfortable, I touched 100kmph in a short stretch while driving in city, gear transmission was ok not so impressive, pretty nice interiors though Fiesta looks better from inside, attractive exterior looks.

2) Logan -1.6L petrol
-----------------
XL interior but very comfortable, Gear transmission was same as Aveo,
interior was okay, looks were sad from outside, power was good might be
good for 1.6L but lesser than Aveo-1.6L.

3) Accent Gle petrol
----------------
Okay. Not much interested after seeing comments here.

Haven't tried Fiesta, Verna, Adventure and Indigo. Not much interested for
hatchbacks though had a look on Fusion it looks good, will definitely give a
try. I haven't heard much about Indigo-Xl classic petrol but at 6.15L they
are offering tonnes of features but yucky interior.

Go ride your dreams !!!
-Mayank-
Old 18th July 2007, 12:10   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
While the Accent CRDi has been phased out, the petrol (i guess only base GLE) is available.

Yes its only available in accent but i heard that is also being discontinued.

Anyway Accent is not a good car to own its ageing now............
Better to go Verna CRDi

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks