Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2007, 01:34   #1

Fiesta Exi or Zxi?

Fiesta Exi or Zxi

I'll be booking a fiesta this week from Cauvery Ford, just being confused with the model to pick up.
the Exi is the basic one, the exi comes to around Rs 6.92 OTR and the Zxi to 7.45 OTR.

The Exi model doesnt have 'Rear Defogger', 'Fog lamps', Driver seat adjustment.
1) Is it worth putting in that extra money to buy an Zxi?
2) Can i control the Defogger stuff in Exi using A/C?

The deal for Exi is 6.92 with Leather Seats, Kenwood KDC-MP 333, other basic accesories

The limited edition comes for 40k with leather seats, alloy wheels, reverse parking sensor, sticker and a Sun Roof.

Is it worth to go in for limited edition? when i'am getting leather seats for 6.92 and Do u think this HU Kenwood KDC-MP 333 is gud enuf?

Looking forward to your advises

Appreciate your time.

Thanx
Shackman
Old 25th July 2007, 02:28   #2
BHPian

Its always nice to be pampered with the additional features that ZXI offers, though you have a pretty good deal on the EXI. If you are a tall person and not in need of a seat height adjuster, then you can go for the EXI. You can also add the interior ornamentaion kit and a defogger. This way you would save and never miss the ZXI.

Having said that, i still feel ZXI is a better investment. As far as limited edition goes not too keen on it, just my opinion !.
Old 25th July 2007, 09:54   #3

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by karty_83 View Post
l You can also add the interior ornamentaion kit and a defogger.
how do you propose to add a defogger.to do so,he will have to replace the entire rear windshield,get the required electricals and retrofit it.it wont be as good as a stock fit.

@shackman:though it doesnt make sense to spend an additional 50k for rear defogger,fog lamps,seat adjustment...its your call to decide whether you need these luxuries/accessories.
as far as i remeber the zxi version also has alloy wheels or is it the sxi version.
i would go with the exi version,or even i had to spend that 5ok i would get the limited edition...i get alloy wheels,sunroof etc and atleast the sunroof is a bling accessory to have.
Old 25th July 2007, 10:11   #4
BHPian

I think the only thing you would miss in an exi is the rear defogger, don't think the seat adjustment is that big a must, rest of the things like the fog lamps, body color door handles, such things you could do it in an exi too,

I went for an exi with cauvery ford.
Old 25th July 2007, 12:12   #5

Does an Exi have an default Front Defogger, or can i not adjust with an A/C Control? if this can happen i can skip the Zxi ver.

Karty_83: Gud point, I'am tall person, so a need for "Seat height adjuster" is out

Dont you think sunroof will be a security issue? any idea on the alloy wheels with an limited ver?

thanx guyz

Shackman
Old 25th July 2007, 15:04   #6
Senior - BHPian

A small update on alloys---no Fiesta car comes with alloys nowadays, except the limited edition. I got my 1.6sxi in March with ABS, but had to pay 23K extra for the alloys.
Shackman, you missed one more item that comes with the limited edition--a spoiler. It costs Rs 9K in a Ford showroom. Alloys cost 23k, a sunroof costs 27K, leather vinyl seats around 8 to 10K. Not sure about the cost of reverse parking sensors and side graphics.
But since you are already getting leather seats for an exi, it is for you to decide if it is worth paying extra for the limited edition.
Old 25th July 2007, 16:06   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
A small update on alloys---no Fiesta car comes with alloys nowadays, except the limited edition. I got my 1.6sxi in March with ABS, but had to pay 23K extra for the alloys.

Shackman, you missed one more item that comes with the limited edition--a spoiler. It costs Rs 9K in a Ford showroom.
Now, thats news. What about the SXi version, have they lowered the trim on that to offer no alloys now?

As for the spoiler, IMO it doesnt suit the character of a Fiesta.
Old 25th July 2007, 16:10   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Now, thats news. What about the SXi version, have they lowered the trim on that to offer no alloys now?

As for the spoiler, IMO it doesnt suit the character of a Fiesta.
No, they are offering ABS in place of alloys, but they have increased the price by 4k.
Old 25th July 2007, 16:12   #9
BHPian

If you do not feel the need for the defogger, go for the exi and add all the rest in accessories. Even the interior / exterior stuff can be added from the so called ZXI Ornamentation Kit. I personally went for the exi and next plan to go for the zxi kit now.
Old 25th July 2007, 17:14   #10

Will the ZXI Ornamentation Kit be economical compared to the Zxi?
Old 25th July 2007, 17:45   #11
BHPian

I have not heard about Ornamentation Kit.
Old 26th July 2007, 01:53   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
how do you propose to add a defogger.to do so,he will have to replace the entire rear windshield,get the required electricals and retrofit it.it wont be as good as a stock fit.
OOPS !! got it all wrong there. Thanks for correcting me hellspawn.
Old 27th July 2007, 01:36   #13

Present Conclusion:

To go in for Fiesta Exi.
Do you think fitting alloy wheels from ford is a better idea? as i do need to spend an extra 20k for this.

limited edition is ruled out, 'cause dont wanna go in for sun/moon roof.

Exi with remote locking addition.

Does rear spoiler , spoil the fiesta look?
Is the parking sensor worth?
i need ur advises

Thanx
shackman

hope to hear frm u guyz soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Shackman, you missed one more item that comes with the limited edition--a spoiler. It costs Rs 9K in a Ford showroom. Alloys cost 23k, a sunroof costs 27K, leather vinyl seats around 8 to 10K. Not sure about the cost of reverse parking sensors and side graphics.
But since you are already getting leather seats for an exi, it is for you to decide if it is worth paying extra for the limited edition.
Old 27th July 2007, 11:45   #14
BHPian

The interior ornamentation kit (which is basically aluminum cuffs for steering, aluminum gear handle, handbrake, power-window switches and the door lever) is about 9k. The exterior kit - chrome grill, spoiler decklid handle etc. (more details here) is about 17-20k. I opted for a spoiler as a part of the dealer freebies along with carpetting, art leather, mud-flaps and waxoyl for my black beauty.

All the best!
Old 28th July 2007, 03:34   #15

Now, i have shifted my mind towards Zxi, since it offers defogger, This cannot be added in the Exi model. I think it is an very important feature.
please do let me know your opinions on this.

thanx

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks