Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2023, 11:27   #46

Re: Why have we forgotten the Maruti Ciaz? It's still value-for-money

At the end of 2018, I purchased a used May-17 Ciaz Alpha Petrol AT through Maruti True Value. Life-time tax was already paid by first owner. Had done 15K KMS. Except for 2 tyres which had bulges from being driven under-inflated, everything else was fine. Paid 9.1 lakhs in all.
Purchased used as I had just retired and had no daily commute. My monthly drive is only around 500-700 KMS, of which 320kms is on NH-160 between homes in Nashik and Mumbai.
In these circumstances, I found the car to be thoroughly reliable. When doing the Nashik-Mumbai-Nashik runs, I usually drive with my wife and a boot stuffed with 2-3 suitcases (still don’t know how!). At my age (early 60s), it is supremely comfortable in the driver’s seat, and I usually drive the whole way non-stop. Never had a problem climbing the steep Kasara Ghat - don’t even switch off the air conditioning on that stretch.
The car is now over 6 years old and has done 40k KMS. I have since replaced all 4 tires - 2 which the previous owner had damaged, 1 where I scraped the sidewall against a metal protusion. Just changed the battery, and got the front brake discs replaced last December. Otherwise, only routine servicing. Because of my low mileage, I service the car once a year. Have got excellent after sales service from the Seva Automobiles in Nashik, and Excel Auto in Kalina, Mumbai.
I guess I am too fuddy-duddy to compare the Ciaz with its more exotic competitors. At my age, I like my car as I like my wife - it is predictable and low maintenance
Suprit is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 10th August 2023, 23:39   #47
BHPian

IMO, with the current inflated prices of all the cars across all segments, Ciaz is a great VFM car.

If you are chauffeur driven, and safety isn't a necessity, Ciaz is a great buy. It still has the K15B instead of the new boring K15C.
Benoit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2023, 22:13   #48
BHPian

Isn't resale value for Ciaz abysmally low compared to its rivals?
Old 23rd October 2023, 16:01   #49

I drive a 2015 Ciaz diesel manual.After driving almost 90k km,I find the car to be thoroughly reliable,top notch VFM which has consistently given mileage above 20 kmpl.Lots of cabin space,big boot and never felt lethargic while overtaking.Although not comparable to its current contemporaries,IMHO it has served its purpose well as a great family car in the last 8 yrs.And it has justified its buying price, too(Rs 9.60 lacs OTR in 2015) and still getting resale quote of approx 4.5 lacs.What else do you want..
Thanks
Old 13th November 2023, 22:59   #50
BHPian

This comes from an Owner in NCR, still holding on to 2016 Manufactured ZDI+ SHVS CIAZ having clocked north of 85k Kilometers and still going strong.

We bought this car at timeline when the SHVS was considered a Hybrid and Delhi government reduced taxes, there was no dilemma at that time getting a Diesel in price of Petrol variant. The car was longest and most spacious of sedans (read City and Verna being considered) at that time. It had Keyless Start, Apple Carplay and a nice set of 16" Alloys, pretty much my Wishlist then upgrading from a Swift. My Ownership experience was fuss free, the car still drives like a charm offering a Plush ride and great Fuel economy with minimal service bills.

The problem is that even after 7 years after the car offer pretty much the same kit while the competition has evolved. But to each its own, my colleagues are still picking up CIAZ Petrol AT (reliable TC) as their primary commute for office for the value (Price of Car), Maruti fuss free service and great fuel efficiency (Delhi-Gurgaon) it offers.

To sum up, CIAZ is an 'Excellent' car even today if your requirement doesn't include 'Excellence' as a parameter.
himanshu_trikha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2023, 08:26   #51

The simple answer is: The Maruti Suzuki Ciaz became outdated as soon as the last-generation Verna rolled around. In a world of Slavias and Virtuses with GNCAP five-stars, and the ever-reliable City being refreshed, Maruti Suzuki is still selling customers the same decade-old car. Nobody buys a 1 million rupee sedan as a beater and with the lack of features and safety, I don't find any other viable use case for it.

The all-new Dzire is competent (and I expect the upcoming one based on the 2024 Swift to fare better on many metrics than the current generation), so the only thing that Maruti Suzuki should be thinking about in sedans is to discontinue the Ciaz and bring a new C2-segment car in the market. (Based on the Baleno-Fronx platform perhaps.) Vernas remain popular as ever and Virtus has become the apple of the enthusiast's eye so there's no reason to not bring out a new refreshed and feature-packed proper sedan starting 1-1.1 million INR OTR. Would be a much better investment than the game of "badge-engineering" they've been trying to play with Toyota Kirloskar!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks