Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2007, 01:01   #31
BHPian

AVEO 1.4 is your best bet. Its not the best car to drive in its segment, but now that its chauffeur driven would not be an issue. It does fulfill most of your needs if not all. GETZ 1.3 is also a good option.

If you can afford go for AVEO else GETZ should be fine.
Old 27th July 2007, 11:32   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Esteem better than Esteem ?

I guess you meant esteem better than Accent. I think the former is the better car in terms of being an absolute VFM car. IMO its the only car in its category that offers decent power, good FE and a rocking A.S.S. It is a tried and tested product so a much safer option.

Its a pity I didnt buy it because it didn't have enough space in the rear to fit in 3 six footers that I have in my family. The Ikon was the only sedan that offered it.

And since your dad will not drive it himself and you have the budget, why consider a hatchback ? A sedan will be much more comfortable and will carry a snob value I think that its got to be Aveo / Esteem / Logan(?)

I dont know how important the resale value is to you but chances are that the Esteem might get phased out next year. Aveo and Logan have a slight advantage here being newer cars.
ooops!!! Yes, I did mean Esteem over Accent. I too feel Esteem would be a bit tight in terms of space. As far as Logan is concerned, I am a bit hesitant as there are still no confirmed reports about it. Moreover, they just have 2 dealers (?) in a big city like Delhi. I wonder if their after sales would be ok or not.

So, for now Aveo and Getz are the ones that are in my list. I will, however, also test drive Indigo GLX as sugested by phamilyman.

Yes Eddy, resale value is also a concern.
Old 27th July 2007, 13:23   #33
BHPian

Aveo and Prime in that order...
Old 27th July 2007, 15:14   #34
BHPian

<P>Hi all,<BR>&nbsp;<BR>Many thanks for your valuable inputs. I have just returned after yet another Aveo 1.4 TD and I should be booking it by tomorrow. Got a very good deal from the dealer and now it is well within my budget. <BR>&nbsp;<BR>So the great confusion on which car seems to have come to an end. Now the only confusion left is the colour. <BR>1) Blazing Red (looks great)<BR>2) Cashmere<BR>3) Platinum Metallic<BR>4) Intense Black<BR>&nbsp;<BR>Hey guys pls help me out again!!! </P>
Old 27th July 2007, 15:15   #35
BHPian

Hi all,

Many thanks for your valuable inputs. I have just returned after yet another Aveo 1.4 TD and I should be booking it by tomorrow. Got a very good deal from the dealer and now it is well within my budget.

So the great confusion on which car seems to have come to an end. Now the only confusion left is the colour.
1) Blazing Red (looks great)
2) Cashmere
3) Platinum Metallic
4) Intense Black

Hey guys pls help me out again!!!
Old 27th July 2007, 15:54   #36
BHPian

Hi all,

Many thanks for your valuable inputs. I have just returned after yet another Aveo 1.4 TD and I should be booking it by tomorrow. Got a very good deal from the dealer and now it is well within my budget.

So the great confusion on which car seems to have come to an end. Now the only confusion left is the colour.
2) Cashmere
3) Platinum Metallic
4) Intense Black

Old 27th July 2007, 17:06   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LokeshG View Post
Hi all,

2) Cashmere
3) Platinum Metallic
4) Intense Black

PLease also Give details of your offer.
Old 27th July 2007, 21:58   #38
BHPian

Yeah Lokesh tell us more about the offer you got!! maybe we'll also make our ockets lighter..
Old 27th July 2007, 23:13   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hi all,

2) Cashmere
3) Platinum Metallic
4) Intense Black

Congrats Lokesh.

I think color should be your choice only. Buy whatever you like.

PS: I would not suggest black since its very high maintenance.
Old 28th July 2007, 09:52   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
PLease also Give details of your offer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by compenn View Post
Yeah Lokesh tell us more about the offer you got!! maybe we'll also make our ockets lighter..
Aveo 1.4 On Road: 6,43,464
Deal I got: 40K discount + Gear Lock
Old 28th July 2007, 09:57   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Congrats Lokesh.

I think color should be your choice only. Buy whatever you like.

PS: I would not suggest black since its very high maintenance.
I agree, black demands high maintenance and care, though Aveo looks rocking in black. I will go either for blazing red (also demands maintenance but not as in case of black) or Platinum Metallic (looks very formal).
Old 28th July 2007, 11:07   #42
BHPian

Congratulations ! If you ask me personally, black Aveo looks rocking. If you can afford the maintenance, just go for it. If you have a driver for that car, anyway he will clean the car in his spare time

Blazing red is too common these days.
Old 28th July 2007, 15:07   #43
BHPian

It is true that blazing red is the most common color in Aveo, but it suits Aveo the most (again subjective). The chrome grill and chevy badge stands out in red.

Black is really tough to maintain and swirl marks make the car look ugly when light reflects.

Another new Aveo color is Ivory gold (looks like off white). It is an executive color and costs 6k extra.

Nirmal
Old 28th July 2007, 23:20   #44
BHPian

I would not consider Esteem. The interior is dated and exterior doesn't appeal me. Indigo, especially XL is a nice car to consider if your dad is not driving. But it has still build quality issues and the FE of petrol variant is not impressive. Out of the ones you have shortlisted, I would chose Aveo. Think about Fiesta if you can manage the budget. Its a far more composed car.
Old 29th July 2007, 01:32   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Aveo 1.4 On Road: 6,43,464
Deal I got: 40K discount + Gear Lock
Hi Lokesh, that looks like a very good deal!
Which dealer??
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks