Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2007, 18:55   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

13. the multi-functional display in the instrument cluster shows many more things in L&K and elegance display is some duller color and the size is only 50% of the L&K i think.

i haven't seen much of elegance version.. so i may have missed some more features..
Old 27th July 2007, 22:43   #17

Thanks guys .

@rtech, andredov - i completely agree with both of you and i myself would luv to go for the L&k version as mentioned by andredov, the difference between the L&k manual and elagance (manual) is not more than Rs. 1.5 lacs but the features that are on L&K are worth much more than 1.5 lacs but the problem is the reliability/durability.
I dont know how long the Electric seats are going to work trouble free , i dont know how long i 'll enjoy the Sunroof before it starts leaking , the xenon headlamps costs not less than 50k ,the alloys on the L&K is not to my taste.

These are some things that makes me think twice before going for L&K version as i am going to keep the car for 4-5 years.

My choice would be the L&K with DSG but the reliability is the big question here ? Do you guys think the features and the DSG would last 4-5 years. If not it 'll burn a big hole in my pocket. What say guys?

Thanks.
Old 27th July 2007, 22:51   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power View Post
Hi Atul,

If the car will be self driven than i would suggest you to get the Dsg. It is superb and very responsive.

Does elegance version comes with Dsg ?

Link
Yup the car will be self driven . The elegance version does't come with DSG .

Fantastic color choice and pics mugen_power. Laura looks best in Black. Thanks for sharing.
Old 28th July 2007, 10:09   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Out of the ten odd things u get in L&K version (in my list), the potential problematic ones are:

Electric seats: I agree with you completely on this one. This can spoil the fun. If only one person drives the car, as is the case with me, then it will hardly be used and so maybe chances of failure are less. The only use I find is that valet guys wont alter the driving position. However only drivers seat has this electric stuff not the passenger seat. And all the gadgets in Skoda are actually the VW/Audi stuff. Time tested and as reliable as VW/Audi but not more reliable :-) But yes it is a '-'ve than a +ve but not that bad.

Xenon: Looks AWESOME! The cost of the regular ones is not less either ;-) It is 35K vs 50K i think. No reliability issues. Xenons are my favorite exterior styling in Laura. There is nothing '-ve' about it. Everything ++++.

Sunroof: The electric motor that closes/opens might conk (owners manual tells u how close manually), but leaking will not happen. These things have come off age. I like this a lot - it makes the beige interiors look bright, spacious and cheerful. Overall a +ve.

Long post :-) Deciding to buy Laura is the harder part. Having decided, L&K is the one to go for. DSG or Manual is subjective. Btw, Black colour comes only in L&K.
Old 28th July 2007, 11:25   #20
BHPian

atul, you seem quite convinced on the elegance, reading your last post..but as androdev suggested the pro outrun the cons in his ownership experience of the L&K, however it being a question of couple of lacs and heart ruling the mind..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks