Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2023, 12:48   #46

Re: Should I get a dirt cheap Used Tata Indigo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelspinner View Post
Hi team,

I'm getting 2010-2012 Tata Indigos eCS/CS with CR4 engine for dirt cheap like Rs. 50,000 - Rs. 70,000. They were used as private registration cabs I believe.

My purpose is to set my hands properly on the car/master driving, short city rides, and saving myself from the rain these days.

On the odo, they have 80,000 - 1,00,000 Km. Not that I trust it. But can judge the overall condition to determine it. Overall, there is wear and tear on the body. Scratches, dents, and other minor damages. Nothing too major on the outside.

What to check in the Indigo engine/mechanical aspects? Is there a checklist? I will definitely take along a mechanic. I'm aware Indigos are known to be a maintenance nightmare, but I am willing to take a gamble (I have a high risk tolerance and quite used to huge financial losses in my investments ).

My goal is to use it for a couple years. Then as soon as used car prices come back to normal, invest more into a better car. As right now, I feel it doesn't make sense to buy a used car by paying so much. Is it worth going for this car in 2023 as a first car if on a tight budget?

My comments would not differ from others here, ODO says 1 Lakh km that is definitely fake because cabs driven in call centers usually have a target to drive the vehicle 300km to 500km in a day. Considering the cab is 13 years old and ODO says 1 Lakh km that means on an average the cab drivers was driving only 21km per day? may be he was a very lazy cab driver. It would only increase your pain of visiting garages and not to forget money. A strong no-no from me instead go for private owned vehicle if you really looking for used cars.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks