Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2007, 13:47   #31
BHPian

BTW look at this thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-vtec-gxi.html, Honda still hasn't confirmed any plans of getting ABS and Airbags in NHC.
Old 9th August 2007, 20:53   #32

Petrol Car Rs.7 lakhs Range

So gentlemen, I think it is finally going to be the SX-4 ZXI for me !
I would like to extend my grateful thanks to all of you who responded with your most valuable suggestions / advice /experience in helping me with the decision. It is hard to imagine for someone like me who has seen the car scene in India since the 70s(when I was in my 20s), that it has become so difficult to select the right car because of all the choices available !!

My special thanks to you Sathya for that brilliant and most useful report on your SX-4, all the more considering that it is your first car ever. Well done and please keep it up. Since I now intend to start preparing for taking delivery of the car after about a month, ie the present waiting period I am told, is the list of add ons in your report comprehensive enough ? What do you feel after your experience of owning it for a while, or do I need to cater for anything else ?

And finally, I would like to acknowledge the great "Public Good" that Team-BHP is doing for all lesser informed citizens like me, by sharing the wealth of information. I am sure that the forum is going to grow from strength to strength !!
Old 9th August 2007, 22:56   #33
BHPian

WHY NOT THE OPTRA?

1.6 with big discounts. Even cheaper than SX4 Zxi. At least 1 category higher.
Old 10th August 2007, 08:57   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshokSawhney View Post
My special thanks to you Sathya for that brilliant and most useful report on your SX-4, all the more considering that it is your first car ever. Well done and please keep it up. Since I now intend to start preparing for taking delivery of the car after about a month, ie the present waiting period I am told, is the list of add ons in your report comprehensive enough ? What do you feel after your experience of owning it for a while, or do I need to cater for anything else ?
You are welcome! The add ons I spent till now (seat cover, body cover, etc) are bare minimum basic ones you will need. You can add 'reverse parking sensor' which I may not buy immediately.

If you have more money and don't know what to do with it , then you have 3 options:
  1. gift me that money or
  2. buy other accessories like upgrade speakers, put rear spoiler, etc - I personally don't think I will put money on them, at least not immediately or
  3. Spend the money for something else
Jokes apart, I think it should be good enough if you buy those basic ones (+ reverse parking sensor) and not beyond.

All the best!!

After you buy, please follow these 2 threads and share your experience with SX4!!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/new-in...-dos-dont.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ms-report.html
Old 10th August 2007, 20:52   #35

Maruti SX-4 ZXI Delivery

Thanks Sathya,
I am buying the car through the Army CSD and intend taking delivery at Sandhu Motors, Ludhiana, Punjab as it is cheaper there. You mentioned about trying out a few cars. Does one need to do that and then select one of the lot ? I thought that with the long waiting period for the ZXi you would just be allotted one by the dealer. How much time should I cater for the entire delivery process, going into details to understand all features of the car/accessories. Important for me since I will be going from Delhi to Ludhiana by train arriving around 1 PM to take the delivery and then drive back. I would like to do a thorough job and not be in a hurry. I could spend the night in Ludhiana/near by and then drive the next morning.

Of course I would like to take the fabric seat covers and the car body cover from the dealer. Should I also get the Sun film put prior to taking delivery ? I am not sure about the rear parking sensor. Have never used one. Is it required for this car based on your experience?

I hope all dealers give the mats and steering wheel cover free, since they are required in the car !

Sorry, will keep on banking on your experience as I go along.
Ashok Sawhney
Old 11th August 2007, 15:46   #36
Senior - BHPian

Nope, no freebies at least in Bangalore. If you get the mats and leather cover for steering wheel it will be an added advantage.
Old 11th August 2007, 20:03   #37
Senior - BHPian

Ashok, Go for the SX4 ZXI. Since you are defence officcer you can save 65 k if you purchase the car thru CSD and it will be within your budget. The SX4 is available thru CSD in though you will have to get it from Chandigarh/ Hissar/ patiala. ( Not too long a drive)
Old 11th August 2007, 20:07   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshokSawhney View Post
Thanks Sathya,
I am buying the car through the Army CSD and intend taking delivery at Sandhu Motors, Ludhiana, Punjab as it is cheaper there. You mentioned about trying out a few cars. Does one need to do that and then select one of the lot ? I thought that with the long waiting period for the ZXi you would just be allotted one by the dealer. How much time should I cater for the entire delivery process, going into details to understand all features of the car/accessories. Important for me since I will be going from Delhi to Ludhiana by train arriving around 1 PM to take the delivery and then drive back. I would like to do a thorough job and not be in a hurry. I could spend the night in Ludhiana/near by and then drive the next morning.

Of course I would like to take the fabric seat covers and the car body cover from the dealer. Should I also get the Sun film put prior to taking delivery ? I am not sure about the rear parking sensor. Have never used one. Is it required for this car based on your experience?

I hope all dealers give the mats and steering wheel cover free, since they are required in the car !

Sorry, will keep on banking on your experience as I go along.
Ashok Sawhney
Since this question belongs to specifics of SX4, I have replied in other thread and find it here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/new-in...tml#post529572

Continue replying to that thread, not this one (this belongs to 'WHAT CAR' topic).
Old 12th August 2007, 21:05   #39
Senior - BHPian

Ashok,
I too plan to go in for the sx 4 thru the csd. can you share the deal you have got . r U having the car financed and if so from who in Noida. Please share the rate of interest, the bank, any freebies and the finance cash back you are getting
Old 13th August 2007, 21:10   #40

I am purchasing the SX-4 ZXI through Auto Wheels, B-4 Vishal Chambers, oppo McDonald's, Sec 18, Noida, Tel.4312729. The car price through CSD is Rs.6,26,843 out of which I am paying Rs.1,76,843 up front and taking a loan of Rs.4,50,000, which Auto Wheels is arranging with Kotak Car Finance. The 3 year loan will be paid back with an EMI of Rs.14,760, which amounts to approx 11 per cent rate of interest, fixed.
I am being charged a processing fee of Rs.2575, and the car would be ordered through the CSD depot Jalandher and the dealer would be Sandhu Automobiles, Ludhiana. The lead time is approx one month plus. I have ordered Azure Grey colour. I have not been given any rebate or anything. I did check the interest rates for car loans with SBI but found them slightly higher.
In addition I would need to pay Rs.20,842 for Maruti Insurance to the dealer and Rs.18,371 for Noida Regn, Road tax etc. which Auto Wheels will get done.

Pse feel free to ask anything else. I have just done the paper work with Auto Wheels today.
Ashok Sawhney
Old 18th August 2007, 21:02   #41
Senior - BHPian

All the best on your new purchase.
I had purchased my Indica thu Auto wheels some three plus years ago ( Kotak again) and the experience was ok but i did manage to get some discounts from them when I played them against the quotes offered by ICICI fellows. BTW I visited Auto wheels on last sunday and I was offered a rebate of 2.75 % on a loan of 5.5 lacs for 4 years. the EMI in my case worked out to 14278. The rate of interest quoted was a bit higher as I believe in your case they have offerd a lower ROI but no finance rebate.

Rajneeesh
Old 20th August 2007, 22:04   #42

Thanks Rajneesh,
I had done a comparison with SBI car loans, who charge an interest of 12 per cent upto 3 years, and the EMI per lakh works out to Rs.3,321. Against that Auto Wheels is charging me an EMI of Rs.3280 per lakh. I dont think ICICI finances through CSD.
I will ask Auto wheels to give a finance discount but it may be too late as I have already given them all the post dated cheques etc.

Are you also ordering a SX-4 ZXI ?
Old 21st August 2007, 05:41   #43
BHPian

I am an Aveo owner and as per ur needs i suggest either the SX4 or Aveo.

I have great respect for SX4 as a car but do not underestimate Aveo as its a great VFM car.

Moreover you need not worry about GM after sales as this is something GM is very serious about and all customer's concerns are addressed, if any + you need not worry for 3 years atleast with an Aveo.
Old 21st August 2007, 21:09   #44

Thanks Namit, but I have already ordered the SX-4 ZXI after being overwhelmingly advised so on this thread. I did start with the Aveo and the Verna(petrol) as the favourites, but then somewhere down the line, and also after the TD, decided on the SX-4. Aveo was a close second and I still sometimes feel that, may be, I could have saved a little money as well as got better interiors with the Aveo !!
Old 25th August 2007, 10:09   #45
BHPian

Want a Petrol car below Rs. 6 lakh OTR in Rajasthan.

Want a Petrol car below Rs. 6 lakh OTR in Rajasthan.

The Car must be a 3 box car. Will be mainly used for ferreting employees around the City. Will be sometimes used by us. Some highway use too, but not much. Show room price upto 5 lakh or so.

Would prefer local service in Ajmer. Dealers only for Maruti, Hyundai, Tata, (I think Ford has a service center).

Shortlisted:

Ikon
Esteem
Indigo
Accent
Suggest Any other??

Which will be the best?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks