Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2024, 12:39   #16

Re: With a budget of 12 Lakhs (absolutely no stretching), which automatic "brand new" sedan?

Honestly, as other's have suggested Amaze is a amazing car (pun intended) but I would suggest you to once visit the Tata showroom and look and TD the Altroz, the Altroz is in a different league compared to all the other cars in your budget in regards with the amount of space available and the build quality it offers. Plus with discounts I am pretty sure you can negotiate the highend variant XZA(S) DCT under your budget. Plus I think only Altroz gets the sunroof in comparison to all the other cars suggested in the budget.
StormShadow is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2024, 13:19   #17
BANNED

Re: With a budget of 12 Lakhs (absolutely no stretching), which automatic "brand new" sedan?

I'd like to differ from others and suggest to you the I20 1.2L IVT. Great car, at 11.XX L and way more fun to drive than the Amaze. Test drive this and the N-Line before making a decision. Trust me, great mod potential (for the N-Line) and amazing features along with spacious interiors will seal the deal for you. All the best for getting your dream steed
mgastor2022grey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2024, 13:54   #18
BANNED

Dude why do you want a sedan? The are some great hatches available at this price.

My top picks would be to go for the i20 or Baleno. Both are great cars, maruti has some advantages like better FE 360 camera. But the i20 has a much nicer sound system, looks much better and has an incredibly smooth cvt gearbox.

If it has to be a sedan though, the Amaze with Honda reliability is tough to beat.
UNSC117 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2024, 14:17   #19
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive1987 View Post
Dear Members,

I'm in the market place with a tight budget of 12 Lakhs (absolutely no stretching) for an automatic sedan. I need your expert advice/s please.

P.S: Strictly not looking at the used car market. The car has to be brand new.

Your responses would be highly appreciated, many thanks in advance!
My recommendations,

Amaze
Altroz
Kiger CVT(if you are ready to change the body style. Heavy discounts are going on currently).
satish.gawai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2024, 14:22   #20

Avoid AMTs at any cost. The only best suited option is to go with Honda Amaze CVT. Proven, Reliable and trusted technology.
drGicher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2024, 15:24   #21
ike
BHPian

Quote:
with the facelift, it would be a whole new generation which means would be a new product altogether. This means, being the initial batch, there could be some niggles which Honda would eventually iron out but would take time.
New Hondas are not known to be launched with niggles for the manufacturer to correct later. AFAIK even the latest offerings (the elevate and the new city) don't have any niggles per se.

However on this budget I'd get the Ciaz base model. Reliable, comfortable and spacious.
ike is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th February 2024, 18:48   #22
BHPian

I see more than 95% of the suggestion points you to only one direction and that is Honda Amaze CVT. I would recommend the same. It tried and tested plus fuss free. It ticks all your boxes.

I am not sure about Kriger or Magnite given ASS or reliability are not there core strengths.
OpenRoads is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2024, 20:51   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I at times do a few long trips with my family and boot space is of importance to me. Amaze offers 420 litres (best in class) of boot capacity. the CSUVs don't offer this much.
Not all CSUVs are bad in terms of boot space. Kiger and even Exter comes to my mind, with nearly 400 L of boot space. And trust me, for a family of 4, anything above 400 is an overkill.

Kiger has a smooth CVT with good performance on tap. However, it is a bit noisy and cabin NVH levels are high compared to the Amaze.

And speaking of Amaze, I would rather wait a few more months for the facelifted Amaze. Will get much more creature comforts but then you might have to settle for a mid spec trim, as the top of the line Amaze variant can see a price increase of around 1L.

Last edited by DCEite : 7th February 2024 at 20:53.
DCEite is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2024, 21:19   #24
BHPian

As others have suggested, best option for you would be Amaze. However please note that Amaze is due for all new version this year.

Besides Amaze,do check out Altroz DCT and newly launched Maruti Fronx Turbo Velocity edition (ignore the name ) . Both should fall in your range.
ToThePoint is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2024, 10:30   #25
BHPian

Hi drive1987,

If I may share my thoughts and offer my suggestions :

Since you are on the lookout for a sedan, I'm ruling out the hatchbacks or the sub CSUVs for that matter. That leaves you with the following options :

1. Honda Amaze CVT : A true blue automatic, no-nonsense compact sedan in that category. Tried and tested, smooth and refined 1.2L 4 pot petrol motor paired with a CVT box. Has all the features you need. Should give you peace of mind as far as mechanicals, safety and basics are concerned. Your family will like it too.

2. MS Dzire AMT : A bit long in the tooth for an upgrade, this is also a fuzz free compact sedan that should serve you as well. 1.2L K series motor is smooth, refined and punchy. The AMT won't come close anywhere near traditional automatic boxes like a TC / CVT in smoothness and operation, but if you are not worried about that, this makes for a no-nonsense deal.

3. Hyundai Aura AMT : Smooth and refined 1.2L mated with an AMT box. 1.2L 4-pot is market tested, smooth and packs good low end grunt. The AMT will get the job done as long as you are not worried about performance. Put together better than the other two IMO and the cabin feels like a nice place to be in, typical of a Hyundai.

Hope this helps, cheers!

Regards,
SS
ss11011988 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2024, 16:26   #26
BHPian

Honda Amaze VX CVT is arguably the best option in this price range. It offers reliability and a no-frills package. The car is easy to live with and smooth.

While the cabin may not feel as modern as the Koreans, it makes up in road manners and reliability. Features like wireless android auto/wireless Apple CarPlay and digital instrument cluster are lacking. The car is very economical to live with and the CVT gearbox is a joy in city traffic. However, out on the highway, you will feel the need for more power. But as an overall package, it ticks all the boxes and is one of the best choices in the price range.

I would advise to steer clear of Tata owing to its poor service reputation.
sushan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2024, 19:42   #27
BHPian

Before you make any decision with Tata refer to below post
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...-delivery.html
s.sriram1989@gm is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks