Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2024, 23:54   #1
BHPian

With a budget of 12 Lakhs (absolutely no stretching), which automatic "brand new" sedan?

Dear Members,

I'm in the market place with a tight budget of 12 Lakhs (absolutely no stretching) for an automatic sedan. I need your expert advice/s please.

P.S: Strictly not looking at the used car market. The car has to be brand new.

Your responses would be highly appreciated, many thanks in advance!

Last edited by drive1987 : 4th February 2024 at 23:56. Reason: corrections
drive1987 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th February 2024, 00:30   #2

Re: With a budget of 12 Lakhs (absolutely no stretching), which automatic "brand new" sedan?

If you're looking for a no nonsense car with fuss free ownership experience, you can go for Honda Amaze. It will fit right in your budget and you would be able to purchase extended warranty as well. ASS is one of the best that you can expect from a mass market manufacturer. I recently had a warranty claim for my Honda and it was flawless.
If you're willing to handle the niggles and ready to face some downtime, Tata Altroz can be another option for you but I personally wouldn't purchase a Tata car after hearing all the horror stories of there ASS here in the forum, it's just not worth the hassle.
DK_accord is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 5th February 2024, 07:03   #3
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: With a budget of 12 Lakhs (absolutely no stretching), which automatic "brand new" sedan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive1987 View Post
Dear Members,

I'm in the market place with a tight budget of 12 Lakhs (absolutely no stretching) for an automatic sedan. I need your expert advice/s please.

P.S: Strictly not looking at the used car market. The car has to be brand new.

Your responses would be highly appreciated, many thanks in advance!
At present, you have only a few options in this segment and price range, they are:

1. Tata Tigor XZA Plus Leatherette Pack
Priced at 10.50 lakhs OTR Bangalore, the Tigor offers reasonable performance owing to 1.2 litre 3-cylinder petrol producing 85 bhp of power and 113 Nm of torque, it comes mated to a 5-speed AMT (which although not best-in-class, gets the job done). It has a strong suspension and a good low-speed ride. The 4-star GNCAP rating is another positive and ensures safety is taken care of. However its drawbacks are fit, finish, and quality levels, as well as poor ASS in many cities. Moreover, its competitors offer a more spacious cabin. Now as regards offers on this model, you get discounts to the tune of 30k on the 2024 models and much higher discounts on leftover MY 2023 stock

2. Hyundai Aura SX Plus 1.2 AMT
At 10.70 lakhs OTR Bangalore, the Aura offers large seats, an airy cabin, and a general sense of space, the car is feature-loaded as well, with excellent quality fit, and finish levels. Service, spares, and resale aren't an issue either due to Hyundai's strong presence in the market. The 1.2 Litre 4-cylinder motor is smooth and offers adequate power (82 bhp) and torque (114 Nm) which improves driveability, although mated to an AMT, The Aura's AMT is best-in-class and offers the smoothest driving experience among all AMTs. The only major drawbacks are its bouncy ride and poor GNCAP score (2 stars). Offers for this month include discounts of upto 20k.

3. Maruti Dzire ZXi Plus AGS
The Dzire is long overdue for a facelift, and it should come out this year too, along with the new Swift facelift. If you are willing to wait, it will be worth it

Link to the News article below:
https://www.team-bhp.com/news/2024-m...ing-first-time

However, if you need a car now, then the Current Dzire ZXi Plus AGS at 11.30 lakhs OTR Bangalore is a good car for the money with a 1.2L 4-cylinder Dual Jet engine mated to a 5-speed AGS (AMT). The car is one of the most spacious in its class with adequate head, leg, and shoulder room. Ride quality is good and absorbent. After-sales network and resale is the best owing to being a Maruti. However, it has begun to look a bit dated and fit, finish isn't class-leading. Moreover, the 2-star GNCAP rating doesn't inspire confidence. Offers on this model are upto 32k this month.

4. Honda Amaze Elite Edition CVT
The Honda Amaze Elite Edition CVT costs exactly 12 lakhs OTR Bangalore and is perhaps the best sub-4-metre sedan in this segment right now, however, it is also due a facelift this year and is worth the wait. Despite the same, the current model is a great choice with the best-in-class CVT, big boot, cabin space, 10-year warranty, 4-star NCAP safety rating, etc. The 1.2L 4-cylinder IVTEC is an excellent engine producing 89 bhp of power and 110 Nm of torque. Moreover, the Honda Amaze Elite Edition gets some visible changes on its exterior including an Elite Edition badge, boot spoiler with built-in LED, front fender garnish, and anti-fog film on ORVMs, along with a host of features like TPMS, front armrest with a sliding function, tyre inflator, and Elite Edition-specific seat covers and illuminated scuff plates. Moreover, Honda is offering Upto Rs 92K Benefits (Inclusive of Upto Rs 30K Cash + Rs 15K Exchange Bonus + Corporate & Loyalty) on MY 2023 stock and around 50k benefits on MY 2024 stock.

Of the Above, it's the Amaze that I would recommend, owing to its rock-solid reliability and overall better packaging and safety credentials.
bijims is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 5th February 2024, 07:27   #4
Senior - BHPian

Such clear requirements, Bangalore traffic rules out AMTs, there's only one option, Honda Amaze.
shancz is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 5th February 2024, 09:02   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Honda Amaze CVT is the best suited to your requirements. It's an all-rounder budget sedan & that smooth CVT is its USP in a sea of jerky AMTs.

In case you can install even a basic 15A home charger, you should also consider the Punch EV. The entry-level variants fall within your budget and it'll be an ideal city commuter.
GTO is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 5th February 2024, 09:19   #6
BHPian

+1 to Honda Amaze CVT VX or Punch.ev Smart-Plus.
Comrade is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 7th February 2024, 09:19   #7
BHPian

Hi, as GTO and others have already mentioned, go for a CVT. I own a CVT and a fast shifting DCT and trust me, the CVT wins hands down in city traffic - it's smooth, fuel efficient with a nice creep function in bumper to bumper traffic.
For your budget, you have two options -
1. I20 Sportz
2. Amaze VX CVT
Test drive both and then decide basis your preference of body style, feature list, performance, suspension etc.
You cannot go wrong with either. I personally would go with the Amaze.

Last edited by FAIAAA : 7th February 2024 at 09:37. Reason: Additional text
FAIAAA is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th February 2024, 09:34   #8

It would be Honda Amaze any day. I have owned a Honda Jazz and Honda City (sold recently) and I can vouch for its superb drive quality and suspension. The 1.2 ltr CVT is the same as the one on the Honda Jazz and its extremely smooth to drive. The gear shifts are hardly noticeable and rarely do you use the S Mode barring couple of occasions on the highway.

Amaze is due for a facelift and the rendering on various websites shows the car in a completely new design and looks beautiful if that's how the final production spec looks like.

Go for the Honda Amaze if you are looking at the completely fuss free and hassle-free ownership.
Katryks is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th February 2024, 09:37   #9
BANNED

Please check out Honda Amaze CVT. Honda does offer 10 year warranty on its cars which should make ownership fuss free . Alternatively do check out Nissan Magnite and Renault Kiger turbo CVT options.
Mukunthan91 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th February 2024, 10:12   #10
BHPian

Wow - Two Conditions ----> Sedan & Money (finally we all arrive at this only though) .

Amaze hands down, don't waste your time thinking other options like Tata, Say Bye Bye to them. Actually, psychologically speaking "Less is more : The Paradox of Choices". You already have your criteria fixed, no decision can be perfect though - Our mindset is like that !
Attached Thumbnails
With a budget of 12 Lakhs (absolutely no stretching), which automatic "brand new" sedan?-paradox-choices.jpeg  

Last edited by Thyag : 7th February 2024 at 10:14.
Thyag is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th February 2024, 11:32   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katryks View Post
Amaze is due for a facelift and the rendering on various websites shows the car in a completely new design and looks beautiful if that's how the final production spec looks like.
Thank you! Even I did some research before putting out my query here and as expected all the answers I've got till now is exactly what I expected.

About the Amaze facelift, I'm a bit confused. Should I wait for it or not? Because, with the facelift, it would be a whole new generation which means would be a new product altogether. This means, being the initial batch, there could be some niggles which Honda would eventually iron out but would take time. Also, with the new generation, there would be feature additions like sun roof, rear AC vents, hill start assist and may be ADAS? This would for sure I think will drive the cost upwards and it won't be as affordable as it is now.
drive1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2024, 11:33   #12
BHPian

As many mentioned, Honda Amaze CVT is the best option. just curious, why you are not looking at CSUV? Is there any specific reason to choose sedan?
swoosh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2024, 11:38   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swoosh View Post
As many mentioned, Honda Amaze CVT is the best option. just curious, why you are not looking at CSUV? Is there any specific reason to choose sedan?
Thanks for taking out time to post your message here brother!
Yes, I at times do a few long trips with my family and boot space is of importance to me. Amaze offers 420 litres (best in class) of boot capacity. the CSUVs don't offer this much.

Moreover, I'm aiming to buy the top-of-the-line product, fully loaded Amaze falls in my budget, but none of the fully loaded (top-model) CSUVs satisfy my budget criteria.
drive1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2024, 11:40   #14
BHPian

I would go on a limb here and propose Ciaz delta AT variant.

Everything better with reasonable equipment and no-nonsense ownership. Though it's slightly expensive and definitely over your budget. If you can stretch, do check it out.
Vkap257 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th February 2024, 12:14   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vkap257 View Post
I would go on a limb here and propose Ciaz delta AT variant.

Everything better with reasonable equipment and no-nonsense ownership. Though it's slightly expensive and definitely over your budget. If you can stretch, do check it out.
Good recommendation, except it's close to 14 lacs OTR in Bangalore. Given it's a slow seller, there would be some discounts but would mean going over budget by 1-1.5 lacs and that's a no-no per OP.
FAIAAA is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks