Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2007, 03:49   #31
Senior - BHPian

If you're looking for a new car, which you want to run stock, then I would advise against the Lancer. Firstly, I'm don't know how good the diesel version is (if someone does, please provide some inputs/links). Second, I think you have better, more contemporary cars available nowadays. If you're firm on diesel, then TD a Verna or Fiesta. If you can stretch your budget a bit, the Chevy Magnum could be a good choice.
If you're open to petrol, then there are even more choices. My personal pick is the Fiesta 1.6.
Finally, the HM service network and quality of service is woeful. I have learnt this from bitter, personal experience. While most of the Lancer's parts are available outside HM A.S.S, there are certain things/parts which will compel you to go to HM.

Buttttt....if you want to buy and modify a used car, then look for an old Lancer and do it up in your way. It's a great car to mod, and an amazing vehicle to own. Like e_l said, it is a personal thing! Ask any Lancer owner that!
Old 7th October 2007, 12:29   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunk View Post
i was referring to the diesel lancer only..
Why don't you TD a Logan DLE (Base model)? 6.10 lacs on road and a CRDi engine.

I know the logan lacks in the appearance department in comparison with the lancer. But am sure a test drive will give you a better opinion / feel.

Happy buying
Old 7th October 2007, 13:07   #33
BANNED

Hey arunk, somewhere I read somewhere in this forum that Lancer currently sold is not BS III emission compliant So you can't drive in cities. If you drive only in rural areas (where BS II is still allowed), you can buy this.

Its pathetic that a capable company like Mitsubishi is still selling outdated technology. Also disregard for environment Time for Mitsubishi to learn from Honda.

Note: Lancer had the image 5 years. Now the same image is held by NHC. Why don't you test drive that?

Note: Due to these reasons Lancer is a sitting duck, which can be shot down by Mitsubishi or Govt of India anytime.

Last edited by diabloo : 7th October 2007 at 13:13.
Old 7th October 2007, 13:32   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Hey arunk, somewhere I read somewhere in this forum that Lancer currently sold is not BS III emission compliant
At least early last year it was like this.
They were selling both versions. The BSIIs had a lower sticker price and were sold only outside BSIII compliant zones.
Old 7th October 2007, 14:45   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
If you're looking for a new car, which you want to run stock, then I would advise against the Lancer. Firstly, I'm don't know how good the diesel version is (if someone does, please provide some inputs/links). Second, I think you have better, more contemporary cars available nowadays. If you're firm on diesel, then TD a Verna or Fiesta. If you can stretch your budget a bit, the Chevy Magnum could be a good choice.
If you're open to petrol, then there are even more choices. My personal pick is the Fiesta 1.6.
Finally, the HM service network and quality of service is woeful. I have learnt this from bitter, personal experience. While most of the Lancer's parts are available outside HM A.S.S, there are certain things/parts which will compel you to go to HM.

Buttttt....if you want to buy and modify a used car, then look for an old Lancer and do it up in your way. It's a great car to mod, and an amazing vehicle to own. Like e_l said, it is a personal thing! Ask any Lancer owner that!
the diesel lancer is a good car, but only @ 65bhp, lot of options in the diesels now too. good thing is the engine is great doesnt get jacked, very low maintenance.
Old 7th October 2007, 16:05   #36
BHPian

Why don't you take a test drive of both the Fiesta and Verna diesels?

They both come with more contemporary technologies and could be better cars to drive than the Lancer diesel. I have driven both the Fiesta and Lancer diesels, and i absolutely loved the fiesta. It's got much better NVH levels and feels more powerful than the Lancer. But if its pure power and excitement that you desire, then the Verna should satisfy you.
Old 31st December 2007, 22:49   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunk View Post
Nice points to make...but even if lancer 2008 hits indian roads it will be way above the present lancer in price. I felt the lancer seating to be bit lowish, does that really cause long drive fatigue? I am especially bothered about the front passengers.

Yeah, it is the cheapest way to enter the Premium C or entry segment, I agree.
I have set my eyes on buying one if not a cedia select Lpg, it will be one of those..
Hi,
I have a Lancer GLXi from 2003, and done many long drives (longest drive ~600km in one day). I never found it to be tiresome or exhausting. It has one of the best driver ergonomics (steering, gear shift etc.). My model has driver seat height adjust, so I don't feel its too low. Besides, when I bought it, my preference was for OHC which was several notches lower, not to mention that you needed to move the driver seat back everytime you get into the car. Unless roads are very bad, even the rear seat is reasonably comfortable since the suspension is tuned for ride comfort (soft). Service in BLR is ok-good, and in Delhi was also ok.

Regards,
Ritesh
PS - You can also add padded seat covers to adjust a bit if you find the seating low ...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks